Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371535 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: We found another trap!
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2012, 02:05:52 pm »

I would totally join in, if i had any experience with DnD :p
This isn't as hard as you think it is. Have a look at our past actions for an idea of some stuff you could do, and just give it a go! The nice GM even handles all the dice rolls for us!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2012, 02:45:07 pm »

I'd like to dust the rubble and/or gore off, and head to the Fresco hall. If no one moves on it, I'll poke the poison barb button with my torch-butt.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2012, 02:47:32 pm »

Alright, when I get home tonight I'll put something together and join in  :D couldn't hurt to make a map either

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Not the knob! Anything but that!
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2012, 03:37:25 pm »

Mark an X on the chest with my chalk and inspect the floor under the chest and someways out for more traps.

Having marked the chest, you inspect the floor under the chest for any traps.

[3 + 5] You find nothing on the floor.

I will check Gedric's body to make sure my herbs are okay. If they are, I will drop my flint and steel again to pick them up, then head back out and ask if anyone wants to be my new herb mule.

You pick up the herbs and give them to... Redd I guess. She's the only one with a free inventory space. Sod this. You take the oil, flour and herbs and combine them into a mythical cooking ingredients item. Now you can lug your own herb around. Happy?

Looking at the new placemat urist decides to inspect the chest thats bottom opens downwards. Casting detect magic around the chest before asking the GNHS if i could use his pole

[16] You spot nothing new about the chest. It's bronze and opens on the bottom when you press the knob on the top. Well, it also has a bit of styling, but it's all abstract and useless.

[11] When you cast detect magic everything is illuminated with the faint glow of magic, but it's all background radiation from the rest of the dungeon. The chest isn't magical at all.

I'd like to dust the rubble and/or gore off, and head to the Fresco hall. If no one moves on it, I'll poke the poison barb button with my torch-butt.

After dusting off rubble and various bits of brain-matter off, you head into the Fresco hall.

Kadzar briefly looks up at you as you approach, but quickly returns to his work. Inspecting the knob on the chest, you decide to push it with your torch-butt. The movement attracts Kadzar's attention, and he barely manages a wordless scream of warning before the torch hits the knob.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Lol, don't be upset. Everyone's going to die. At least five times, I'm guessing. Probably more.

I think that it depends mostly on how cautiously people go through the dungeon. Still, five is probably the minimum amount unless we get some players who try to rush ahead of everyone else and set off all the traps.

Alright, when I get home tonight I'll put something together and join in  :D couldn't hurt to make a map either

If you make a map, would you mind posting it from time to time? It'd make pointing out the traps and things easier for me. I'd make one myself, but the players should be the ones mapping.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Not the knob! Anything but that!
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2012, 04:43:25 pm »

With my newly gained inventory space, I will acquire one of those torches people were making, and use it's light to inspect the underside of the now opened chest.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2012, 05:09:00 pm »

With my newly gained inventory space, I will acquire one of those torches people were making, and use it's light to inspect the underside of the now opened chest.

Taking a torch, you inspect the inside of the chest.

[12] It's hard to tell, but you think that some sort of vertical rod is inside the chest, attached to the top somehow.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2012, 06:38:10 pm »

I try to pull the rod out.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Delving the Tomb of Horrors: What goes around comes back poisoned.
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2012, 07:08:34 pm »

I try to pull the rod out.

I love you man. Err... I mean you try to pull the rod out. It moves forward a bit before locking in place. Let's see here... Kadzar is pulling the thing... Midna pressed the knob... the GNHS hasn't strayed from the path so he must be nearby... and Kazard was just checking for traps in the area. Oh, and wasn't Urist checking the frescos? Yes...

Suddenly the floor beneath you swings down into a pit trap!

[REFLEX: 6] Kadzar barely has time to utter a cry before landing into the spike pit beneath him. 1 damage

[REFLEX: 5] Midna manages to utter "Kadzar you id-" before she too gets skewered in the pit. 1 damage

[REFLEX: 16 + 5] The GNHS, much more prepared that the two unlucky warriors, somersaults off the wall and lands safely on the other side of the pit.

[REFLEX: 12 + 5] Kazard isn't as graceful as the GNHS, but he succeeds in the not-falling department and lands in a heap next to the GNHS.

[REFLEX: 10] Urist has just enough presence of mind to grab the edge of the pit before he falls in. Kazard and GNHS reach down and quickly pull him to safety before looking over the edge to see what happened to Kadzar and Midna.

Now Acererak decided to add insult to injury when he smeared the spikes of the pit trap with poison. The module says that the poison merely lowers your constitution, but a hit to your constitution lowers your health which means that Kadzar really needs to succeed on his fortitude save to continue on with this whole life business.

Drumroll please.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: What goes around comes back poisoned.
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2012, 07:12:08 pm »

GNHS tosses one end of his rope down to Midna, keeping hold of the other end to help her climb out.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2012, 08:12:06 pm »

Alright, home at last, so here we go. Seems we need a mage. Not much experience with DnD, but I have played a little bit before (as in, created character, played 2 hours, everyone else but me and the DM got bored and quit, lol. Some people have no patience :P)

Name: Gramjir
Class: Mage

Armor and Weapon: Silver Mace, chain hauberk
Items: Mage's Staff (Magic Missle) Food/Drink for a week
Spells: Cure Wounds
           Dispel Magic
           Frostbolt
           Ethereal Walk
           Feather Fall

I'll wait to see where I show up to perform any actions.

Coming Soon to a Tomb near You, the Map!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:40:36 pm by Lich180 »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2012, 08:16:10 pm »

You can't hybridize a Mage with a Fighter. God knows they're overpowered enough as it is (Rogues are also overpowered. All the classes are overpowered, which is fine because the dungeon is overpowered).  The only spell that you can chose for your wizard's staff is magic missile, which basically turns it into your free ranged weapon, like Urist Mcderm's staff.

Also you start on the hill to the tomb, though right now you don't have far to catch up with the party.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2012, 08:17:42 pm »

Alrighty, that's fine then. I enjoy mages just as much. Are the entrances in a semi-circle, or a straight line? I know they are on the northern face of the hill.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2012, 08:18:25 pm »

According to the map, a straight line.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2012, 08:22:38 pm »

Ok. I'm only working with MSPaint, so its gonna be a rough sketch, but should be workable. For now, the scale is 1 grid square = 2 feet, or else everything would be too tiny to see. A few more minutes and it should be ready.

EDIT: here it is, not the greatest thing in the world but it should do. I can add more information if we need it.

And now that the map is done, I will VERY CAUTIOUSLY enter the room where the main group is (I think its the north entrance), greet the ones present, and heal Midna with Cure Wounds once she gets up next to GNHS.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 09:17:17 pm by Lich180 »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2012, 09:02:11 pm »

The red path starts at the north-eastern corner and winds into the western half after... I don't know. The map provided is in 10 foot increments. Also, why do you have a door after the chest in the wall?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 134