Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371539 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like to grab a lengthy stick and lash a burning torch to it, so I can light up and maybe burn away some of those ceiling cobwebs in the Northwest Entrance. I don't want to move far in, but I want to see if there's anything visible above the webs.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I could just just shoot a fireball up to the cobwebs then open up the doors with telekinesis in the northwest entrance.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 01:43:52 pm by jaass »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...or do that. I'll cover you and be ready to dash out if anything drops down.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

If people are doing all that, then I will back away from the door, but still interpose myself between the door and Gedric, in case any denizens of the crypt pop out and one-shot my herb mule a valuable member of the team.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well thank you meat she... I mean my valuable team mate.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 05:46:00 pm by jaass »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Delving the Tomb of Horrors: We found another trap!
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2012, 09:48:17 pm »

Inspect both of the doors as best as I can tell from the enterance. Try to widen the holes out a bit more.

Assuming that you're talking about the North-Eastern Entrance... [13] You spot nothing suspicious. Assuming that you're talking about the North-Western Entrance... Eh.

Widening the holes until they're large enough for a person to walk through comfortably will take several people with shovels several hours to do so. You could probably convince the people of Badend to do so if you thought it was important.

I could just just shoot a fireball up to the cobwebs then open up the doors with telekinesis in the northwest entrance.

Gedric, accompanied by Kadzar and Midna, enters the North-Western Entrance and prepares a fireball.

[10] As this is (kinda) D&D, the fireball is more of an expanding sphere of flame than an explosion, so it gives off a rather unimpressive 'flump' as it burns off the cobwebs. To everyone's relief the ceiling of the corridor seems to be a plain, if rather shoddy, stone roof with no horrible monsters ready to kill everyone.

Kadzar moves towards the door at the far end of the corridor while Midna looks fretfully on and Gedric steps forward, ready to cast his telekinesis spell.

[11] The spell goes off without a hitch, and the doors at the far end of the hallway open up into a blank wall.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: We found another trap!
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2012, 10:10:03 pm »

Ouch. See what I mean? That could have been you.

Head into the corridor without a door and search for traps, specifically on that chest. DON'T TOUCH IT!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2012, 10:21:03 pm »

Head into the corridor without a door and search for traps, specifically on that chest. DON'T TOUCH IT!

[17 + 5] You quickly deduce that pressing the knob at the top of the chest will cause it's bottom to open up. You also spot a little poisonous barb on the knob, for any unwary adventure who tries to press it with their hand.

As searching for traps is so incredibly unspecific, I'm just going to ignore that action until you add some indication of what exactly you want to search. The floor? The walls? Are you going to search where the GNHS has searched before?

Ouch. See what I mean? That could have been you.

Technically it was him, but he would have tanked the damage anyway even if he failed the reflex save.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2012, 11:18:18 pm »

I was talking about the horrible death. There's plenty more traps to go in this thing.

Mark an X on the chest with my chalk and inspect the floor under the chest and someways out for more traps.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2012, 11:22:13 pm »

I will check Gedric's body to make sure my herbs are okay. If they are, I will drop my flint and steel again to pick them up, then head back out and ask if anyone wants to be my new herb mule.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2012, 11:41:52 pm »

Looking at the new placemat urist decides to inspect the chest thats bottom opens downwards. Casting detect magic around the chest before asking the GNHS if i could use his pole
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2012, 10:13:38 am »

:( Great

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2012, 10:39:28 am »

Oh don't let it get you down. It was bound to happen sooner or later, and you won't be the last. From what I've heard of this thing, it's absolutely brutal. Just make another character and GET IN THERE!

Also, has anyone thinking about making a mage thought about taking a spell that makes light?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2012, 12:30:40 pm »

:( Great

Lol, don't be upset. Everyone's going to die. At least five times, I'm guessing. Probably more.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2012, 01:40:04 pm »

I would totally join in, if i had any experience with DnD :p
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 01:47:41 pm by Lich180 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 134