Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371460 times)

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Shit gets serious
« Reply #915 on: September 28, 2012, 08:32:55 pm »

Yeah where is USEC I want to see my flaming broken pole plan either fail spectacularly or get the luckiest roll ever and have it do a lot.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Load-Bearing Boss: 10
« Reply #916 on: September 29, 2012, 10:20:23 am »

Open the secret door and have a look behind it. Make sure to stand to the side of the thing before opening it.

Spears launch out of the door and kill you. The secret door opens into a short, twenty-foot corridor that turns south down a flight of stairs. As you investigate the corridor, you start to hear a distant rumbling...

Name: MaxClone2
Race: Human
Class: Fighter
Equipment: Two-handed sword, heavy armor, as many healing potions as he can get his hands on.

MaxClone2 wanders into the entrance to the Tomb of Horrors, looking to avenge his clone's death.

Malaken shall head to the fight, and cast Summon Ancestral Spirits, using them to distract the lich. While the spirits are busy doing their thing, he shall try to pimp-slap the lich with the mummified hand.

You cast Summon Ancestral Spirits.

[13] They're not particularly pleased at being summoned, especially since you never talk to them anymore. And would it kill you to send a votive offering now and again? Eventually you convince them to go after Acererak as a distraction while you wail at him with the mummy hand.

[16 + 2] You whack the lich with the mummy hand, yelling something about wanting your money. 1 damage Sadly as a Lich Acererak is immune to mummy rot, but at least you got to pimp-slap the shit out of him.

Find a way to light the ten foot pole and fire and then before lighting it on fire break it into little chunks and throw them after lighting them on fire at the lich hoping to light him on fire.

[1] ...

You accidentally light yourself on fire. Oh, and you burn what's left of your 10-foot pole as well. I have no idea how you thought that this would be a good idea. Liches aren't particularly vulnerable to fire, or at least the kind you get by burning a 10-foot pole.

I'm going to cast Mage hand to pick up the mace and beat the Lich with it. Immediately after the attack, the hand passes the mace to the nearest fighter.
pleaseletthisworkpleaseletthisworkpleaseletthiswork...

[10] Using your Mage Hand ability you scoop up the mace...

[3 + 2] but you fail to hit the lich with it. Whoops. Maybe somebody else will have more luck next time.

Start stabbing at Acererak with my sword.

If magic starts happening, back up.

[13] You viciously stab Acererak with your sword. Hah! Take that, you vile fiend! 1 damage

Radzak will try to cast Create Anvil on the ground near himself.

[10] You summon a small anvil next to yourself. I'm pretty sure that the first anvil you summoned is still around, so I have no idea why you need to summon another one.

Attack Again

[1] You fail to skew Acererak with your rapier. Probably because you tripped on the anvil that Radzak just summoned.

I shoot the motherfrakking Lich and HIT HIM THIS TIME! :P

[8] Jesus, you just can't hit anything today. Did you train at the storm-trooper academy or something?

Liberally apply Spear in general direction of Lich

[13] You liberally apply the pointy-end of the spear to the Lich's stomach. It's super effective! (I guess)1 damage

I'll avoid the magicks, and try to track down that Trueseeing Gem that rattled away. Want to see if this lich is what we think it is.

[7] You kinda fail at avoiding the lich's magicks. And his magics too. Maybe Definitively next time.

I the tank shall ram the lich to  grab the mace and give it big welcome to the lichs brains

You rush forward and snatch the mace up from Tarmik the Magnificent's mage hand, before leaping on the lich's shoulders.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Also, you seemed to have mixed up the race and class between greymountain_Sage and myself in the list of adventurers, So that it looks like Tarmik the Magnificent turned himself into an awakened mouse wearing magicians clothes, and me into a human wearing nothing but body paint. Quite an impressive feat of prestidigitation, considering our size differences.

Welp. Fixed.

Now if only USEC_Officer would updoot this already. I want to see if Malaken succeeds with his plan to epically pimp-slap the lich. Like, I really want to see it.

Yeah where is USEC I want to see my flaming broken pole plan either fail spectacularly or get the luckiest roll ever and have it do a lot.

Damn it guys, I had to get groceries and play some actual D&D!

(Highlights include:

-Druidic Bear Calvary
-Pointless Criticals
-Goblin Rave Party
-Concubine Pile
-Shape-shifting into a hallucinating Goose
-The final, uber, fashionable, over-the-top boss tripping and killing himself.)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Load-Bearing Boss: 10
« Reply #917 on: September 29, 2012, 10:31:08 am »

You know it's bad when you didn't even NOTICE that you died. Even worse when the GM dosen't either. That, or you're playing the Tomb of Horrors.

Let's just assume that this post happened last turn.

"Damn it, they fired me. They fired me IN HELL. How do you even keep an intelligence outfit RUNNING in Hell?

Well, whatever. I still know the exit, and I can still loot the armory. Too bad I'm sort of stuck in a female body again. At least they get the race right."

Attempt to snort the mace dustLook for unopened doors in the lich room, if there's one, escape from it. If not, gtfo the lich room.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 10:44:27 am by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: September 29, 2012, 10:34:13 am »

You know it's bad when you didn't even NOTICE that you died. Even worse when the GM dosen't either. That, or you're playing the Tomb of Horrors.

Let's just assume that this post happened last turn.

"Damn it, they fired me. They fired me IN HELL. How do you even keep an intelligence outfit RUNNING in Hell?

Well, whatever. I still know the exit, and I can still loot the armory. Too bad I'm sort of stuck in a female body again. At least they get the race right."

Attempt to grab mace before the Lich inevitably does, examine the fuck out of it, then pass it on to someone else before the lich does. Hot potato!
The Lich is dead. And the mace.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: September 29, 2012, 10:38:32 am »

Items: You can't take healing potions with you!

Aww...

Anyway, I'll Carefully investigate my way to where the party is/was.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: September 29, 2012, 10:50:40 am »

Exit the room post-haste and join up with Kazard. Ominous rumbling generally means trouble.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: September 29, 2012, 11:04:59 am »

((Hang on a sec... I think I read something about this...))

Tap my way down the corridor with my pole and check out what's at the bottom of the stairs. Don't go down those yet until I've searched for traps.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: September 29, 2012, 11:22:03 am »

Wait did I survive lighting myself on fire?
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: September 29, 2012, 11:27:46 am »

Huh... I'm gonna go ahead and loot the room while my fellow cowards adventurers flee the room. First priority is magic items, for instance that trueseeing gem I dropped, then valuables, like the collar Javier had, or that Jade Coffer you mentioned.
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: September 29, 2012, 11:43:34 am »

Malaken attempts to disebelieve the rumbling!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Load-Bearing Boss: 7
« Reply #925 on: September 29, 2012, 12:18:42 pm »

Attempt to snort the mace dustLook for unopened doors in the lich room, if there's one, escape from it. If not, gtfo the lich room.

[18 + 5] Finding no unopened or secret door, you run the hell out of the lich room.

Anyway, I'll Carefully investigate my way to where the party is/was.

You teleport carefully investigate your way to the lich room, where most of the party is waiting around.

Exit the room post-haste and join up with Kazard. Ominous rumbling generally means trouble.

Kazard is actually further from the exit (which could be a problem once the entire dungeon collapses), but okay then. You join up with Kazard.

[5 + 5] Your pole-tapping finds no traps.

Huh... I'm gonna go ahead and loot the room while my fellow cowards adventurers flee the room. First priority is magic items, for instance that trueseeing gem I dropped, then valuables, like the collar Javier had, or that Jade Coffer you mentioned.

[8] You pick up the true-seeing gem, but unfortunately you can't pick up anymore loot, such as the gem-encrusted collar, the jade coffer, the gem-encrusted crown that the lich was wearing, the surprisingly valuable golden couch, the treasure map and (*gasp*) a bunch of magical scrolls.

Malaken attempts to disebelieve the rumbling!

It's pretty hard to disbelieve the rumbling when a rock hits you square on the head...

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

As the GM, I assume that the players know what they're talking about most of the time... At least it's fixed now.

Wait did I survive lighting myself on fire?

Because I was feeling merciful, yes, so get back to adventuring post-haste.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Load-Bearing Boss: 7
« Reply #926 on: September 29, 2012, 12:35:12 pm »

Why would he attempt to disbelieve, unless...
I use the Trueseeing gem! If the collapsing room is real, I run for it, careful to hold my breath in the misty hallway.
If it's not, I call the other adventurers back to this room and make politely ask them to carry my loot.
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: September 29, 2012, 12:39:08 pm »

Fine grab everything I can carry that is valuable and run but stop about halfway to the entrance. (I have my reasons) Also don't grab the map.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 05:05:19 pm by zacen299 »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: September 29, 2012, 01:03:21 pm »

Deciding that enough was enough for now, Kazard books it for the exit.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: September 29, 2012, 01:31:18 pm »

Loot while the lootin's good. I'll go for that fancy crown, then the jade coffer. I'll try for the map too, if no one gets it, and throw them in my bag. Then make it toward the exit.

If things look like they'll fall before we get out, I'll toss my bag out the entryway, grab the nearest beam or strut, and support the ceiling with the strength of the mountains!
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 134