Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371265 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Total OSHA Compliance, Seriously!
« Reply #195 on: August 23, 2012, 10:19:09 pm »

But how can I escape? There's no way out!
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 23, 2012, 10:23:39 pm »

Search the walls and floor! Search for something to brace against the cieling! Try to find a space you could hide in. If all else fails, try to leave a note for the next guy by the note the other dude left.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 23, 2012, 10:24:31 pm »

Or get somebody to blast open the slab blocking your way out.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 23, 2012, 10:31:10 pm »

I take out my firewood to block the ceiling from coming down on me, along with holding my my pot lid shield parallel to the ceiling.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 23, 2012, 10:56:11 pm »

Just leave the doors open to buy you a few seconds, and help me roll this slab out of the way! Imagine it's... like a giant rolling pin or something!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 23, 2012, 11:00:30 pm »

Alright, I'll roll as hard as I can. After leaving the door's open to block the ceiling.
Glory to Arstotzka!

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 24, 2012, 05:02:47 am »

Hell yes, I'm in.

Dr. Malpracteece
Mage
Generic wand of ranged killiness, dagger
Inventory: torch, bottle of oil
Spells:
Create Undead (zombies, limited time)
Fire Wall
Detect magic
Dispel magic
Magic Missle

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 24, 2012, 06:23:53 am »

I so want in.

Character sheet tomorrow, for some nice YaK crossover action.

And my character is drawn to the smoke... Reminds me of Boatmurdered...
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 24, 2012, 06:26:35 am »

((No mage that's joining or has joined has thought about taking a spell that lets them make a floating ball of light that they can move anywhere they want without touching it... Strange, I would have thought someone would have taken something like that by now since it would be pretty useful.))

Iosyn

• Bay Watcher
  • KAKAKA
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 24, 2012, 09:11:00 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 01:09:03 pm by Iosyn »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 24, 2012, 09:17:52 am »

Has anyone reached the gender-bending portals yet? ;D

No, but thanks for the warning. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 24, 2012, 09:37:10 am »

If you're going to spoil anything else about the dungeon, can you at least put them into clearly-marked spoiler tags? The gender-bending parts may not seem very important, but I want this dungeon to be as much as a surprise as possible for the players who haven't gone through it and every little bit helps.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Pissed about spoilers
« Reply #207 on: August 24, 2012, 10:00:11 am »

: GNHS presses Blue, Yellow, Orange,

The portal remains just as mysterious as before.

Maybe Yellow, Blue, Orange?

With an almost deafening whooshing sound, the vapours in the archway disperse, revealing a fifteen foot hallway that extends into the east.

You know, you were kinda expecting a little bit more.

Search the room again, paying special attention to the walls and floor. If I find nothing, attempt to damage one of the hinges.

[20 + 5] Even a through search of the room reveals nothing new.

Melt a hole through the hatch with lightning bolt's.

Before Hans gets a chance to look at the hinges, Urist elbows him away and readies a lightning bolt.

[15] ZAP! The lightning bolt blasts a hole in the hatch, showering Hans and Urist with bits of tiles. Sighing, Urist gives Hans a leg up.

Mark out the message with my chalk as well as where to stand to read it and then using the message, deduce the correct combination!

Seeing as Gramjir has already deduced the correct combination, you settle for just marking the position where you can find the message. As you are doing so, one of the nearby pits explodes in a shower of tiles! After picking yourself up from the floor, you spot Hans looking confused and trying to climb out of the hole. You move to assist, and yell at Hans and Urist for blasting out part of Acererak's message.

As others have been gathering by the misty arch, I'll run around the pits and back to the stone slab that rolled in to trap Kadzar under the crushing ceiling. I'll position myself at the edge of the slab and try to roll it open enough to let Kadzar escape. Some help would be dandy!

Alright, I'll roll as hard as I can. After leaving the door's open to block the ceiling.

Finally hearing about Kadzar's plight from Nambul the Mad, Midna runs to the north-eastern entrance to assist Kadzar II. Midna yells at him to start rolling the slab aside, and Kadzar hurriedly complies. Groaning with effort the two put all their strength into their task, but will it be enough to roll the slab away?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In the midst of all of this confusion, the good doctor Malpracteece wanders in to see what all of this smoke is about.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

For reference, the pit trap that Hans/Urist came out of was thirty feet from the bottom of the corridor, and on the west side. And ten-feet by ten feet, but I shouldn't have to tell you that.

Iosyn

• Bay Watcher
  • KAKAKA
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 24, 2012, 10:11:26 am »

If you're going to spoil anything else about the dungeon, can you at least put them into clearly-marked spoiler tags? The gender-bending parts may not seem very important, but I want this dungeon to be as much as a surprise as possible for the players who haven't gone through it and every little bit helps.
My apologies, didn't think it was that much of a spoiler. Not too familiar with the 3.5 version.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 24, 2012, 10:14:44 am »

My apologies, didn't think it was that much of a spoiler. Not too familiar with the 3.5 version.

It has nothing to do with the version, I just want this game to be as spoiler free as possible.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 134