Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Savagery preset failed to load  (Read 1073 times)

Rvlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Savagery preset failed to load
« on: August 12, 2012, 04:34:03 pm »

Hi all,

I did some raw modding during 40d, walked away from the game shortly after 0.31 was released and recently returned to play around with DF2012.
Off course I went back into modding to alter DF to find a way I like it better then it already is.

During this time the "errorlog.txt" is my friend and with it I seem to have managed to clear many errors already... Well I still got a ridiculous amount of errors, but they all look the same except for some numbers.

Subject description already tells something about the problem. I tried to put my full errorlog.txt on the forum, but I got a complaint my post exceeded 40.000 characters.
Anyway according to the MS Word "word counter" option the log goes from Y = 0 to Y = 32 from first to last in 3168 lines (making my errorlog.txt a nice 157 kb).

Code: [Select]
Savagery preset failed to load X value at Y = 0
(....)
Savagery preset failed to load X value at Y = 32

My raw changes so far have been to:
1. entity_default.txt (removed several alloys and added new ones that I added to the smelter reaction list)
2. reaction_smelter.txt (same as 1.)
3. Inorganic_stone_gem/layer/mineral/soil.txt ( added, and altered minerals, gems and soil)
4. The minerals and gems I do not intent to use anymore I gave the tag: [ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:SLADE:CLUSTER_SMALL:1] so as not to remove it completely from the game (got severe whining in errorlog.txt about some elemental gem/mineral creature not being able to be created and this seemed to fix that in the errorlog.txt at least without having to check all the other raws right away).

It happens when using a seed from the forums, but also when creating a random world.

If anyone happens to know what causes this and would be willing to tell me I would be most gratefull and very happy.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Savagery preset failed to load
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 05:18:18 pm »

there is nothing in the raws (according to my knowledge) that can affect savaregy. This is only in world-gen. When you say "random world" you mean the standard world-generator ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rvlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 04:18:37 am »

Yes the standard world-generator or better said "Create New World!"

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 09:37:18 am »

Not really an informed opinion on my part, but my guess is #4 causes your problems, since 1-3 sound pretty routine.  Try a environment_spec other than slade?  What happens if you just remove the environment_spec entirely?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 12:53:24 pm »

I honestly never heard of the error in the log before, and dont know how raw-modding could affect savaregy. The perfect world utility could do this, but other then that I am clueless. Maybe have a look at the reported bugs section and see if the keywords pop up there.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 04:02:49 pm »

Another thing you might do is to redownload DF and see if it was just a bit that got corrupted during the download/unzip process.

As for #4, but rather then changing the environment tokens why don't you just remove them completely? Then the game will still have access to the gems/minerals, but they won't ever spawn naturally and it might solve some errors that pop up and won't cause problems in the event you ever make it to the bottom of the map.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Rvlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 04:59:11 am »

For now once I have time again I will make the following changes:
- Change slade into sedimentary_oceanic (or that ever it is called) minus the _spec tag of course.
- Change all _spec tags I currently use into the layer type used for that stone.

The game itself runs fine, except suddenly getting kobold ambushes without anything ever been stolen (had many ambushes and sieges from goblins, but not from kobolds) and minerals I set as vein or cluster_small I get ingame as cluster...

In about 12-14 hours I will have time again to make the changes and post again.