Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: A Family Affair - Rogue Trader PbP Campaign IC [Chapter I: the Inheritance]  (Read 7067 times)

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
Re: A Family Affair - Rogue Trader PbP Campaign IC [Chapter I: the Inheritance]
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2012, 12:01:30 pm »

Ferran slowly chewed a last bite of some sort of delightful truffle and then daintily dabs at the corners of her mouth. The manners that her mother had worked so hard to instill in her had at least taken her that far. "How much of the planet is loyal to my cousin, and does anyone know where exactly he is at?" She took another lengthy sip of amasec, feeling the heat spreading to her belly, and looked at the great vaulted ceiling. Scenes of a victorious battle are painted across the ceiling, and she muses quietly, "An orbital lance would take care of the rebellious leader in short work." She looked back down and noted the horror crossing a few of the local noble's faces. "Oh relax, I'm sure that's not as feasible as I'd like it to be." She glanced at her officers, looking for suggestions.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2012, 12:53:17 pm »

Alexavius sipped on his exquisitely-scented tea calmly, occasionally eating fine slices of the nearby piece of seasoned meat - difficult to tell the animal it belonged, though.

"Not all of the nobles would stay so loyal to your cousin if you make your presence felt." he said with a smile. "You should try diplomacy first. Of course, I do not expect your cousin to break - such an opportunity at power is difficult to resist - but we could sway a good amount of his followers to your side."

"Without allies, his remaining partners may choose to surrender and we may deal correctly with your cousin." he smirks. "But if they do not accept any talking, I guess we'll be left with little choice in the matter."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2012, 01:03:32 pm »

Venarius quickly cleared his mouth with a sip of water before joining in to the talk.
Oh my dear it is in fact quite feasible. If we consider the propable Technologic level of this Feudal World, we can safely assume that this lord lives in a Motte and Bailey of stone. To melt through the Stone with our lances we would need...uhm...exactly 25.456 seconds. I rounded it up a bit that it sounds better. Although we could assume that the lasers and the surroundign stone would have heated up the air inside the Castle to about 400 Degrees Celsius. So till the Lasers break through every being in the castle would have been cooked. Duke would you be so nice as to hand me a piece of that boar?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2012, 01:34:05 pm »

The Governor's Station

Harmann coughs to interrupt. 'Oh, my apologies. Varan - your cousin - is not here. He is... your uncle discovered his complicity in a crime and had him imprisoned on Revelation's Edge - it's a penal world on the edge of the subsector. A truly sad business,' he says. He seems to smirk for a moment. 'If your ship is so equipped, orbital bombardment is of course possible - but I must advise against it. I do not doubt your calculations, honoured tech-priest, but if the leaders survive these strikes, you could drive them to ground and face a full-scale rebellion that could drag on for months, years even.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2012, 01:40:35 pm »

"Then the situation seems less problematic." Alexavius stated, lowering his cup of tea, interwining his fingers and smiling mischievously behind them. "Sway the weak-willed...and assassinate the most staunchly devoted."

One of his hands got back to his cup and he took another sip before continuing.
"Paying your cousin a visit may also be productive."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2012, 02:10:17 pm »

"Yes, well, I was only joking about the orbital bombardment, but let's keep it as plan Y in case everything else fails." Ferran looked around, trying to gauge the mood of everyone else in the room. "My seneschal has the right idea though." She turned to Harmann. "I will leave you in control while I go to visit my cousin. I will require you to arrange a meeting in a secure location with those who you think are the most likely to sway to my side, for when I return. We should also try to arrange a meeting with the staunchest ringleaders." A brief glance towards Alexavius was the only flicker in her composure. Please tell me I did the right thing.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2012, 02:13:52 pm »

The seneschal kept drinking his tea nonchalantly, only a smile at the corner of his mouth as he shot a look back at Ferran.

"Reasonable."
>Yes?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2012, 02:37:28 pm »

Wulfric took one last bite of boar before looking at Harmann,

"Harmann is it? Please forgive my rudeness for the sudden flood questions I may ask you over the coming days, with the coming problem I feel I must assure the planet still remain out of Chaos corruption.

This rebellion currently going on, has there been anything out of place about the lords' behaviors recently, other then the obvious fact they rebelled of course, and have any shady happenings occurred recently that something seemed off about?

How many of them have have sided behind our fair Trader's cousin, and how many still remain on our side of this conflict? And finally, if the need arises how many men can both sides field if a war must be fought?"

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2012, 07:23:12 am »

Governor's Station

Harmann smiles and nods. 'Of course, miss. I will see what I can do. Mr. Samnel?' he says and turns to the Duke. They exchange quick words and the Duke stands up and bows deeply. He mumbles gratitudes in broken Low Gothic and heads out.

Harmann takes some time to answer the priest's questions. 'It's quite alright, missionary. I would be happy to answer,' he says. 'I will provide you with more detailed information as soon as possible, but... our agents on the planet did not report anything out of the usual before the Governor's death. We did intercept a few nobles who are now rebelling attempting to leave the planet stowed away on a freighter, but that happens from time to time. They were returned to surface as ordered. I must admit our ability to monitor them within their own fiefdoms is limited.'

He considers the second question slightly longer. 'If I remember correctly, the emergency census we performed reported total mobilization for the 'rebel' side could yield as large numbers as six million in a drawn-out war, spread across the planet - the logistics of fielding such a force at once is far beyond them, of course. These would be mostly drafted peasants and serfs - hardly a professional force. That said, even their standing forces only possess primitive arms and equipment as far as we know. The loyalist side could possess even greater manpower in total. Of course, neither side would commit such a vast portion of their agricultural base to war unless the situation was truly desperate. I do not believe you would not see forces larger than a hundred thousand at a time.'

'Was there anything else? I hope this course of thinking will prove unnecessary.'

---

Ferran

As Harmann speaks, your micro-bead buzzes. The marine captain reports in with apologies for interrupting.

+Ma'am, my men report they are being blocked entry to some parts of the station. Tech-priest dens and the like, apparently. Orders?+
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2012, 07:29:21 am »

"I have one more question, could you send someone down ahead of me to the planet's surface? Have them do a short recruitment from a city loyal to us of men who wish to serve the Emperor, after this meeting I feel I must make for the surface immediately to ensure nothing happens until you can form a plan to stop it."

Wulfric replied as he took another sip of water from the cup, he had refused to drink anything with alcohol for years now, and it seemed to have improved his life for the better so far.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 22, 2012, 08:55:38 am »

I don't see the point in your haste Wulfric. The rebels can field at most a hundred thousand men, at least three quarters of them serfs armed with sticks and stones. My estimation is that once the Aether Hound is seen in the sky they will either scurry away or fall to their knees and start worshipping it. Besides should they dare to make such an open move we would simply bombard their command from Orbit and cut the snakes head off with a single sweep. after that the army will disperse. So no need to raise your own peasant army.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2012, 09:04:07 am »

"There is plenty of need, I need to ensure these rebelling lords, and that this world and its station still remain loyal to the God Emperor, if either have swayed from that path then this 'peasant army' will cleanse them for heresy. If a Chaos assault has happened elsewhere then who knows how deep the corruption has gotten already, and I will not allow Chaos to get a hold if I can stop it. We may very well be needing this army in the future."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2012, 10:04:06 am »

Alexavius smiled at the prospect of visitting a feudal world. He could do with archaic weaponry to start his collection of amenities, and he had an interest in wearing knight armor. It seemed both heavy and amusing, in a certainway.

"Well, received anything, Ferran?" he asks, noticing she had just received a report via micro-bead.
>Yes?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2012, 10:05:49 am »

Governor's Station

Harmann interrupts politely. 'If Miss Toskhain commands it, it will be done,' he says and turns to Venarius. 'They are primitive and ill-armed, tech-priest, that is true. The use of orbital bombardment could shatter the morale of their armies - but it could also alienate our allies. I advise caution.'

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2012, 01:44:42 pm »

Ferran keyed her micro-bead and spoke softly, allowing only her senschal to overhear. "Areas belonging to the tech-priests should be respected as such. I'll have Venarius pay them a visit later." Turning to the rest of the table she spoke firmly. "I've heard enough of this. My previous decision stands. The Aether Hound will pay a visit to my cousin and try to get his support in suppressing the rebellion. Regardless of who runs the world, a war benefits nobody except the forces of Chaos." she looked at Harmann. "What exactly was my cousin imprisoned for anyway?"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7