Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: A Family Affair - Rogue Trader PbP Campaign IC [Chapter I: the Inheritance]  (Read 7068 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

Ah oh, yes we wanted to dock at the station...i forgot...well i better make a show of it.
 Venarius seldomly wore the whole Tech-Priest robes when he was not in public. With the help of tailored clothes and some agility he was actually able to wear normal clothes despite his multitude of implants.
Wearing his carapace armor and below it the tailored void-suit which, except for the modifications of a tailor, was the same the security detail wore below their armors he almost looked like a normal crewmember without his Mechanicus Robes.
 Well except for his Respirator Unit replacing his lower face and the Calculus Logis Implants, Memorance Implants and a myriad of other Cybernetics taking up the place where his left eye, part of his head and his left ear should be. What remained biological of his head had short trimmed blonde hair and a green eye. Bones was lagging behind him idly hanging in the air. A tool-belt contained his multi-key,unguents, combi-tools and a bunch of other odds and ends a man of his trade carried with him.
 Although he found it at first unneccessary he still took his power-axe with him and slung it over his back. Venarius had modified it massively, turning it from the ornate Ceremonial Axe-Combi-Tool-Staff into a simple two-handed Power-Axe. The Machine Cult Symbols remained as to clear any doubts on his station.

Arriving at the Corridor he eyed the three officers already present. His vox-module sprung to life and screeched shortly before having found the right frequency. His eye had a mischievous glint to it. He first greeted the Seneschal, his vox-system emulating the voice of a Nobleborn person although that effort was destroyed by Venarius using Low Gothic, propably deliberately. If one could have seen his face it would propably show a good natured grin.

My good Seneschal.

next he turned to the Arch-Militant, just nodding to him accompanied by his usual voice. Jericho.

Then he finally turned to the Preacher. His vox-caster first emanating a metallic "THE EMPEROR PROTECTS" ,a piece of audio clearly copied from the Ship's Propaganda Speakers, before continuing with his normal voice. Or something like that. So.

it seems like he wants to say something to Wulfric but then his gazes turns to the Massive Mosaic.

Impressive. I love that complete over the top decadence, although for a docking arm this is a waste. You see that flaming sword? No sword burns, except you drench it in oil which would  degrade the metal used, which in turn would be a waste. All these Artistical inconsistencies. The Armor the Emperor is wearing there is a Mark VII. A Mark VII! THe Emperor always wore a personalized power armor. He never wore those of a Space Marine. And don't get me started on those imperial Spaceships.

he moved past the Preacher and eyed the Mosaic closer. Especially the figure depicting the relative of Toskhain.

I have seen that figure somewhere else...on another depiction...hm.

Turning around he noticed that the Captain and Elyrion had arrived now too. A Chorus of Voices erupted from His Vox-Caster

Captain, my Captain. before returning back to normal to greet Elyrion

Void Master.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As he watched the arrival of the Tech-Priest and heard his reply Wulfric's eyes narrowed slightly, but the look soon left his face as the man began to talk about the mosaic on the archways above. It was truly fascinating he thought. This man was interesting even if he was a Tech-Priest, but it was not time to comment on that he thought as he waited for the Rogue Trader's arrival.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 11:01:48 am by adwarf »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ferran listened thoughtfully as Alexavius walked beside her, hands clasped behind her back and parrot on her shoulder. She was mildly disconcerted by his sudden appearance, but she didn't show it.

"Well, that all makes sense," she replied over the same link, "Hopefully I can fix this without upsetting anyone." She returned the Void-Master's nod as the two reached the beginning of the entrance hall and the officers gathered about. "Nothing terribly important, Void-Master. It seems some of my staff are having, er, disagreements, apparently." She glanced towards the neabry Wulfric as she said the last, expression neutral.
"We'll go over that briefly, and then we can discuss you know, security arrangements and what-not."
Ferran personally didn't see much of a need for these 'security arrangements', herself. She was only arriving on her late Uncle's planet, after all!
'Still, if this is going to be a point of contention amongst my new officers, I'd better deal with it now.' So deciding, she folded her arms and waited for the Arch Militant to arrive so she could sort this out.

"Ah, hello, Explorator," She said in response to the latter, after a moment. She hadn't seen all that much of Venarius, and wasn't quite sure what to make of him. His partially-mechanical appearance didn't help; Ferran had had little previous interaction with techpriests and their ilk. Still, she did her best to be accepting, and nodded a greeting to him. The fellow was in her employ, after all.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile

Xanatov rolled in his sleep. A vast plain stretched before him in to infinity. Above him, a giant eye hovered, black as the night, yet filled with the void. With a gasp he started up, out of his bed, an alarm gently chiming in his room. "What time is it?" One of his sycophantic assistants called out the shipboard time, followed by the time on Holy Terra, followed by the station time. With a sigh he keyed his comm to the captain. "Captain, will you be needing my services on board the station?"
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Excuse me captain. said Yorke as he stepped into the meeting, flak armor worn tightly over his blue robe, I have a suspicion that the 'situation' that is developing developing on Gehenne is not all it appears to be. When we arrived I used my powers to check the planet. I expected some corruption, as much is present on almost every world, but I did not expect what I found. There is a small, dark... stain... Yes, stain is the right word. Somewhere on this world, the powers of chaos likely congregate.
Keep in mind captain: this is not divination, merely my own suspicions.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Family Affair - Rogue Trader PbP Campaign IC [Chapter I: the Inheritance]
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2012, 11:13:57 pm »

Alexavius coughed sharply into his micro-bead as if to remember the Rogue Trader what to do.

"Remember, asserting leadership and reminding the preacher of his place. If you do not solve this problem, it may be time for me to step in, although I would be disappointed if I had to do so."

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2012, 09:30:38 am »

Ferran looked around, a slight frown on her face. Where was Jericho? She would feel somewhat foolish telling Wulfric to let the Arch-Militiant do his job if the latter didn't show up before long. Ugh. Well, best to delay that part for now, she decided.
Looking for the most senior of the Marines in attendance, she said, "I trust you have been briefed by the Arch-Militiant on what to do, Officer...?" She emphasized the 'Arch-Militiant' part for Wulfric's benefit.

She glanced at the officer's nametag, then turned to the others. "Everyone, be ready to disembark. Follow Officer [Name]'s instructions, proceed in an orderly fashion, and er," Ferran eyed the group thoughtfully for a moment, then shrugged, "Look as respectable as possible, I guess. We want to make a good impression."
With that, she turned towards the Access Corridoor, drawing a slightly-nervous breath when she thought no-one was watching.
'This is it, Ferran. First impressions are important.'
Scratching Vedroc under the chin with a fingertip as the Marines assembled, she brushed her hair into place, assumed a dignified expression and strode fowards down the corridoor towards the station.

>Proceed onwards to the station in an orderly manner, letting the Marines handle their security stuff.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2012, 09:56:36 am »

Alexavius sighed. He'd probably have to deal with this, but he'd do it later. For the moment, the Rogue Trader had asserted things a bit.

Even so, he opened his comms to the soldiers.
"Use the plans of defense provided to you by your superiors and keep practical. Ignore the preacher's parading orders, for he has been assigned only a small detachment of soldiers for his security...And the security of others, you know how the most zealous servants of the Emperor may act."

"We are not on a parade and that formation is not optimal for the protection of a Rogue Trader, is it?"

Follow Ferran, closely.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 10:04:16 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2012, 04:15:39 pm »

Having not received a reply from the captain he began to weigh the pros and cons of just showing up as they disembarked. Cons: if he was recognized by a navigator agent there could be trouble. His oddly jointed frame tended to make others uncomfortable. Pros: a new place to explore. Mind made up he quickly threw a more formal looking tunic, and tied his scarf around his head. He arrived at the access corridor and walked up next to the seneschal. In a low voice he greeted the man, "Greetings, master Alexavius. I take it our illustrious captain is sufficiently busy to ignore a call from her Navigator?" He smiled a startlingly broad smile. "No matter! I was unsure if she would need my unique talents, but I've decided to tag along anyway!" His face turned more somber and he spoke in an even lower tone, more to himself than Alexavius. "Still, I must be cautious."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2012, 04:23:19 pm »

"Forgive me if you all misunderstood, but me an the Arch-Militant have already come to terms with this arrangement.

I will control the men I hired and only them once we get off ship, till then they will follow his orders as long as they will not prevent them from accompanying me off ship, I think this agreement is solidified by the fact what is going on in this sub-sector."

"I only plan to control these men until I have recruited sufficient forces from this planet, if the forces of Chaos are truly attacking this sub-sector then we must do what we can to purge it, I will do so by calling forces to fight it.

The Arch-Militant will get full control back very soon, so there is no need to worry, now is not the time to be arguing over these matters, time is wasting and I must get down to the surface to inspect it for any sign of heresy as quickly as possible."

Wulfric said turning to the Rogue Trader, and giving her a bit of a bow before giving a half-nod and glare in the Seneschal's direction.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2012, 04:37:31 pm »

Alexavius gave a sly, mischievous smile towards the crazed preacher. No, he would not seize control of matters as long as the Seneschal was there to keep the balance of powers working...Until it was useful for him to change how it worked, of course.

He turned to the Navigator still smiling.
"Greetings, Navigator. I believe our captain may have temporarily overlooked an answer to your call, due to small problems concerning our troops. I'm sure she didn't mean ill."

Noticing the man's apparent worry, Alexavius tapped him on the shoulder.
"You are an officer for a Rogue Trader and my tongue is quite skilled for distracting, deceiving and convincing. If you are worried about your peculiarities, they may either pass unseen or be overlooked with the right amount of persuasion. Staying inside the ship would do you no good, would it?"

>Yes?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2012, 01:42:32 pm »

Entering the Station

After lenghty negotiations and arguments, Ferran Toskhain and her chief officers are finally ready to disembark. They make their way to the nearest airlock corridor. A few minutes pass as the bridge crew make sure the way is clear and they won't walk directly into the void. The corridor is long and empty, darkness at the far end. Soon a flash of light splits it, however, and whatever doors were closed at the other end roll open.

The rest is just business as usual. The officers make their way up the corridor while the marine captain directs his forces and keeps buzzing in Ferran's microbead to confirm positions or report on what they are doing. Two marines stick to Wulfric as arranged, seeming more than slightly at unease despite their earlier willingness to work for higher pay and gear. Perhaps it's because they haven't seen any of either yet, or the conflict between the preacher and the man who was their nominal superior, who they now seem to not notice unnecessarily much.

The far end reveals a small batch of corridor, and beyond - a platform overlooking a vast hall, the floor engraved marble, the walls gilded and decorated with statues of the Emperor and the Imperium's heroes, flocks of cherubs tending to ancient machinery that, even to the naked eye, hasn't obviously been used in a while. Stairs lead down from the terraced platform.

As the marines spread out, startling a few men and women in formal wear - which bear the insignia of House Toskhain - waiting at the door, the officers walk to the top of the stairs and enjoy the view. It looks like this place used to be much more important than it is now.

A heavy-set man marches up the stairs, greeting them amicably. The marines stop him mid-way up. He endures their check-up with a few polite complaints. His own men, lacking any visible weaponry, tense at this, but he signals them to stand down. The Hound's marines sweep up the room, the captain setting up positions around the officers.

The heavy-set man, his features soft and broad, clad in fine aristocratic clothing that unfortunately went out of style years ago on Olandis, bows deeply to Ferran.

'Miss,' he says. 'I am honoured to finally meet you. Ah... I would not presume to ask, but I assure you there is no need for your men. I have utmost faith on the security of this station.'

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2012, 05:54:45 pm »

After a bit following the security procedures with his eyes from afar, apparently satisfied with the measures, Alexavius turned back to Ferran.

"It would be only polite to answer the poor man, wouldn't it?" he whispered to her in a way no one but the most perceptive of men could identify.
>Yes?

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2012, 10:17:47 am »

Ferran tensed up a bit when as she was addressed by the man. Look at this man! Disgusting! All this time spent playing as an important person and he's grown fat and soft. This would never be allowed under my fathers... Wait, since when did I begin caring about what my father thinks? She mentally shook her head at herself. Looking at the man, she starts as Alexavius whispers in her ear.

"Yes, of course, my apologies Mr. Harmann. It is, indeed a pleasure to meet you as well. I admire your faith in this station, however having not had a chance to review the security aboard I'm forced to rely on my marines, which is currently the only security force I have the utmost faith in." A thought entered her mind that she just could not resist acting on. "Now, let's get to business. A glass of amasec and a good meal seems like a perfect place to discuss the matters of succession over."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2012, 10:09:09 am »

Governor's Station

Harmann's placid smile doesn't waver. He nods and gestures to send one of his companions hurrying away.

'I understand perfectly, miss, but these men are loyal retainers of House Toskhain. They follow ancient oaths to the family, as do I,' the plump man says. 'But if you feel you require extra safety, I will tell the men to co-operate. We are somewhat undermanned due to the situation on Gehenne.'

He turns to the people accompanying him. A few of them look out-of-place, dressed in obviously feudal world fashion - though the clothes are made from finer materials - and gawking at Ferran and her entourage. A grey-haired man with a face like sculpted stone hesitates and steps forward. He bows and mutters an indistinct greeting.

'Miss Toskhain - this is Mr. Samnel, Duke of Cuoranne. He expressed interest to meet you before the coronation and discuss the rebellion with you,' Harmann says. 'There are others you should meet, but first - I promised you a dinner. Please follow me.'

With that, Harmann begins walking towards the other end of the long hall. Ferran finds herself at his side. They are sent off by the ringing of ceremonial bells. Harmann apologises for this and explains it's custom. The noise drowns out any attempts at speaking. The officers and Harmann's people make good pace across while the marines continue to move out, their captain soon confirming the station guard are accepting his authority and co-operating. He promises to keep Ferran up to date and spreads his forces, keeping most of them by Ferran and the officers in case something happens.

The elevators at the end of the hall take the officers directly to the Governor's private quarters - Harmann says they would like to genelock access to her only in the future, if she has the time - and then through ornate doors into a luxurious dining hall. They take their seats, Ferran noticing a few rarer treats approvingly, and the dining can begin.

The food is good, though not quite as varied as what they would eat on Olandis whenever Ferran actually had to dine with the family. Some of the others in his crew seem very appreciative of them, as do Harmann's handful of companions. The feudal worlds prove almost barbaric in their eating manners.

On the other hand, the amasec is blissful. Ferran feels her entire body relax as she sips the exotic drinks the table has to offer, finally out of her practically dry ship. She makes a mental note to request some of this stuff to be delivered onboard.

A good hour later, the Duke leans over to whisper in Harmann's ear. This nods, and after a moment, turns to Ferran.

'Miss? I mentioned the... situation on Gehenne before. I'm afraid it is delaying your coronation somewhat. It happens that some of the planetary nobility - they're very old-fashioned, as you might expect - assumed your cousin would take the 'throne' of the Station, if you will. They... well, to put it bluntly, they refuse to see you as their rightful ruler. Negotiations are going slow, I'm afraid. A Lord Meuchin leads these... malcontents and refuses to speak with our envoys.'

He pauses, taking a sip of his wine. Ferran notices the Duke behind him is averting his gaze - he seems slightly nervous. Harmann continues. 'They pose no threat to you, of course. But they are tying up a considerable amount of our projected tithe - manpower and raw resources, mainly. That said, it may not be the foremost of our problems. As I mentioned, I've been in contact with other worlds in the subsector, and their situations are somewhat worrying as well, given the impending threat.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7