Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: A Family Affair - Rogue Trader PbP Campaign IC [Chapter I: the Inheritance]  (Read 7069 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A confident - but not proud - air about him, Alexavius walked around the halls of the ship, using his micro-bead after getting in the rage of operation.
"Did you go over the notes I prepared?" he asked Ferran, passing by a small group of crewmembers and nodding towards them. Making good impressions on the crew was important, remembering to balance a stern attitude as well as a certain kindness they wouldn't find in other officers.

All meticulously planned, of course. Keeping a balance would allow him to lean to one side or another without scaring them with a sudden change of behavior, and the fact his exploits were spreading also helped, as did his assistants. In a small amount of time, he and his team had already gathered superficial knowledge about the mood of the ship and made sure their hearts hadn't been shaken by rumours of enemies with an allegiance to Chaos.

"I have been researching the mood of the ship. I can say there are rumours floating around, as usual, but they don't seem to have affected the crew's morale. The Olandians seem excited for the most part and the old crew seems content with their lot, and both groups have less conflicts than it would be expected."

"At least for the moment, we do not have to worry about problems with the efficiency of work."

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wulfric's eyes narrowed slightly as he looked at the man and his hand clenched around the chainsword, but, due to his better judgement he let it go and took a deep breath to calm himself. Exhaling he replied, "You lot seem to be relatively free for the time being, so I'd like to ask those willing among you to act as my guards for the time being, if you do the job well you may get a few bonuses to your pay and some new equipment to use. Of course if you don't like that I could always forcibly draft you, of course being a priest I can see you all are willing servants of the God-Emperor, such willing servants would never decline such a request would they?" With that said Wulfric was grinning, on the inside of course, he'd never so such emotion outright at a moment like this and he was sure these men would help him, one way or another.

> Attempt to recruit these marines as my guards for the time being, if they don't do so willingly draft them in spite of that, no soldier would attack a Priest of the God-Emperor. (Fel Test?)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Jericho had a look of suspicion on his eyes when he spotted the Preacher in the barracks, overhearing Wulfric's conversation he couldn't help but feel angry over the mention of "forcibly drafting" them. He speaks to Wulfric, in a stern tone "Excuse me Wulfric, b-but I believe that the men here are going to be b-busy with the security plan I have for when we l-land, I'll need every trained soldier here to make sure that nothing h-happens to the ship and are on call in case s-something goes wrong. Your threat of f-forcibly drafting them isn't going to win you any friends, and I don't exactly t-take too kindly to that threat either."
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

Seemingly out of nowhere a Servo Skull appeared from one of the Maintenance Shafts next to the Seneschal. Slowly it starts drifting around the Seneschal for a while scanning him from head to toe without uttering anything else than Techna Lingua or to the Seneschal a senseless amount of strange noises...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wulfric turned to Jericho and looked him over once before replying, "Excuse me for resorting to such methods, but if a marine has his hands on his weapons, and calls me 'preacher-man' when he firsts address me then my threats are excused. I did not take this position to make friends of soldiers who do not know their, I took my position to bring back the lost to the God-Emperor's glory, to purge heresy where I find it, and to protect those that cannot stand against the forces that look to crush the Imperium. Now, as for your security plans don't worry I don't intend for the men to leave until we do. Things will be in place by then, and even if they aren't I need soldiers beside me if I'm going to be checking the planet for heresy," Taking a pause Wulfric tapped his chest where his necklace bearing the holy aquila lied before continuing, "You know the current situation such precautions not being taken would be foolish would they not?"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ferran sat on a plush couch in her quarters, with a foot propped up before her as she painted the toenails with a small brush.
With surprising dexterity, the young captain managed to not only study the pict-screen displaying her finances whilst painting, but also answer the calls to her micro-bead. "That's fine, Navigator. You feel free to rest, we are about... Oh, two-or-three days from docking."

Deftly clicking to the next comms channel with her free hand as she coated the next nail in a deep blue colour, she then answered Alexavius.
"Yes, yes I'm looking at them now." Her blue eyes flicked from her foot to the screen and then back again as she multi-tasked. "...Uhm, rumours? Not bad ones, I hope? Well, if there aren't any problems, I guess that's alright. As long as everyone is getting along and doing their job."

Not much of one for chatting over the comms, she switched off her micro-bead, dipped the nail-brush back into its jar briefly before moving onto the next nail, humming softly to herself. She looked fowards to setting foot on Gehenne. This news of invasion was a bit worrying, but she doubted any disorganized rabble would pose much of a threat. It would be good to speak to some new people, see the sights of a new planet, that sort of thing.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Jericho sighed, and responded to Wulfric in a calmer tone "F-fine, if you need men so be it. But they'll g-go by their own accord, and if none of them want to go then you'll have to deal with it. Some missionary isn't going to force a group of trained s-soldiers to do his bidding, at least while I'm around."
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wulfric's eyes narrowed at Jericho's reply, he drummed his fingers on his side as he spoke, "I didn't plan on forcing any of them anyway, it was just a bit of ... lets say motivation to get the jobs filled, the promise of extra pay and new equipment should be more than enough to get a few willing soldiers out of this group." With that Wulfric gave Jericho a smile, and turned to the marines to see if any would volunteer for the job.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alexavius stared at the servo-skull for a moment, using it to clean his pince-nez with a cloth.
"Venarius, I suppose it is you controlling this servo skull. Anything worth reporting in a language other than Techna Lingua? Checked the machine spirits of this vessel already?" he asked the skull whilst adjusting one of his identifying traits back upon the bridge of his nose.

>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Servo-Skull coked to the Side, then it emitted a screeching noise as it remodulated its vox.

Ah hello Seneschal. I see you are as well informed about the Crew as is expected of somebody of your position. This is Bones by the way and as your sensory apparitons propably already informed your central cortex it is a Servo-Skull. But to answer your question i haven't done that. I was distracted by some of the technological wonders of this ship. Idd you know we have a Forest growing on the Hound? Very interesting, maybe i should investigate that clos-

the Servo-Skull had nodded back and forth while it emitted but suddenly stopped mid-sentence. it suddenly flew to where Alexavius had stowed his Inferno-Pistol. it flew around the Weapon and scanned it up and down.

Is-is-is that an Mars-Pattern Mark IV Inferno Pistol? Hmm no Modifications, plain hilt. Very rare. Can turn everything in a radius of 10 meters into subatomic particles. Very good Taste Alexavius very good taste indeed...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With a sly smile, the Seneschal tapped his Inferno Pěstol, which was hidden inside his coat and away from most prying eyes.

"Yes, this one took me some effort to acquire. Some of my trade prefer Lucius-Pattern Hellpistols, but I figured turning anything inside close range into nothingness was a better option. Also, the weapon charmed me the first time I saw it; even if I'm not an expert in some areas of technology, weapons still attract me."
>Yes?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wulfric and Jericho

The Missionary and the Arch-Militant trade verbal blows for a minute while the marines watch on. While they're at first pleased at Jericho's intervention, the stuttering ex-Guardsman ends up seeming cowed by the authoritative priest, which doesn't go unnoticed by them. They also catch Wulfric's mention of possible extra pay. With their commanding officer's authority undermined right before them, their confrontative attitude slips away somewhat.

The tanned one looks away from both officers when he talks. 'Uhh... I meant no disrespect, Missionary. I thought... err, I wasn't sure of your authority aboard this vessel. I'll see if I can spare some of the boys to follow you down at the next port,' he says and turns towards Jericho. He hides any unease from the conflict between the officers well.  'Arch-Militant, sir. Captain Zael at your service. I was informed you would have us on security duty at this orbital station? What should we expect?'

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Noticing it was already time to take some more affirmative action, Alexavius moved away from the servo-skull, his gaze occasionally analyzing the crewmembers that happened to pass by him.

Right now, he needed to spread his tendrils further, and create a reliable net of allies and people loyal to him. People willing to help you, sometimes even without any questioning nor doubts, were a priceless asset, as he had learned.

And he knew who he should aim for...But he would need to send his operatives to the field and act more subtly, his presence walking around the ship and keeping a look at females would just attract too much unwanted attention.

Search for emotionally vulnerable women in the crew. High-ranking ones.

42 Fel, Trained Inquiry.
>Yes?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alexavius

Returning to his quarters to better manage his henchmen, Alexavius finds some of them at first slightly weirded-out by his request. However, most of them are smart and loyal enough to take it in their stride and soon set off with instructions to get to know and study the high-ranked women of the ship.

The first reports come in in the morning, but information of this personal nature is somewhat slow to acquire. Though no complications seem to pop up, it seems the Aether Hound will reach the Governor's Station before Alexavius gets to... enjoy his spoils, so to speak.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 11:54:15 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With he Seneschal leaving the Servo Skull re-enters the Maintenance Shaft and returns to his owner. Venarius meanwhile made his way deeper into the bowels of the Ship to pluck into the System and check onto the Machine Spirit.

Plug myself into the System and communicate with the Machine Spirit. Find out what personality it has in general, if it is weird in anyway ask it for reports on the Ship. And how it feels about the New Ownership.

Intelligence 48
Common Lore (Tech) Trained
Forbidden Lore (Archeotech) Trained
Logic Trained
Speak Language (Techna Lingua) Trained
Speak Language (Explorator Binary) Trained
Tech-Use Trained
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7