Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Nazca Lines of the Mind: An Early Digital Age Roleplaying Game (1 slot open)  (Read 8503 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Nazca Lines of the Mind: An Early Digital Age Roleplaying Game
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2012, 02:49:51 pm »

Your name: Robert

Occupation: Former lead designer and chief engineer of the Aurochs project. Worked on the Newdawn project as well. Technically still employed, but effectively not.

Location: Aurochs main launch base, on an artificial island before the coast of Africa, located at the Equator

Stats: Yay stats! Gotta define stuff with numbers, "pretty strong" and "kinda weak willed, I guess" will not do it.

Strength: 8
Dexterity:9
Constitution: 12
Intelligence: 16
Will: 11
Charisma: 10

Skills:

Tell me the skills your character has, whatever they are. I'll be using 2d6 to resolve all rollworthy stuff and the skill scale will be as follows:

Major skills
-Aeronitical designs and stuff
-Mathematics
-Trilingual
-Electronics

Minor skills
- Chemistry
- Explosives
- Making and firing Model rockets
- Segwaying
- Programming

Spoiler:  17 September, 2028 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Aurochs Project (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NewDawn project (click to show/hide)
[/spoiler]

Explanations and bios tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 05:37:07 am by 10ebbor10 »

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2012, 08:09:28 am »

Ok, so I'd Like to get this started some time soon, but we still need more characters. I'm tempted to start with the characters that are ready (Evil, Zanzetkuken, Jaass is nearly there too) and let latecomers start when they're ready.

@Hailfire, Deep Waters: You still in? I want to hear all about this associate stuff! Tel me things! Tell me!

@10ebbor10: Must.... know....more...about...Aurochs project...artificial island base...must!

Anyway, let me know, post characters, questions etc. We're nearly ready to have some disturbing adventurers in the not too distant future.   
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2012, 10:06:50 am »

I might not be able to play the next couple of weeks. Life may get kind of busy, but if I can I'll try to drop by.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2012, 10:35:42 am »

Well, that was the plan, yes... we'd been making progress on getting our sheets done (it was going a bit slower than normal, obviously, since we were collaborating), but sometimes life just decides to take a dump on you.

I'm going to be gone pretty much all of next week, so if I join, it's either going to be late, or on the waitlist.  :-\
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2012, 11:23:41 am »

Added some information

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2012, 03:38:56 pm »

Why does it seem like I started a pattern with some organization going after all of the characters?

You may have planned some organization, wayward device, but you haven't told anyone details of that one yet.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2012, 03:56:36 pm »

@jaass, Hailfire: Not to worry, Life etc strikes again. I'll waitlist you for now, but you can start when you're ready.

@10ebbor10: Excellent. A character haunted by the ruins of a grand attempt to reach for the stars and the ensuing "accident". Looking very nice indeed.

Why does it seem like I started a pattern with some organization going after all of the characters?

You may have planned some organization, wayward device, but you haven't told anyone details of that one yet.

Hahahahahhaha! Your every action draws you further into my web of doom! Bwahahahahahaha! *Lighting flashes, thunder rolls*

*ahem*

I have been surprised at how well everyone's characters fit into my... plans, especially given how vague I've been. And details will have to be earned with blood, sweat and mental anguish. And shadowy forces is plural :).   
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 04:01:16 pm by Wayward Device »
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

I made a couple of additions and changes to my character and supplies list, tell if I need to change anything.

1)I have been surprised at how well everyone's characters fit into my... plans, especially given how vague I've been.
2)And details will have to be earned with blood, sweat and mental anguish.
3)And shadowy forces is plural :).   

1)That it is.
2)That is not...
3)What...the...carp...
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

So, that one's good or not?

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I made a couple of additions and changes to my character and supplies list, tell if I need to change anything.

Yeah, that's fine, all makes sense (especially the int from 14 to 15 and comp).

So, that one's good or not?

Still looking good. The Aurochs had/has the potential to to become the caravel of Earth Orbit Colonization (Lunar too, if its a larger, lighter and more efficient Early Digital Age version of the Saturn V), while the NewDawn project could have lifted billions of people out of energy poverty worldwide (and do it pollution free), possibly bringing about a level of change in the standard of living not seen since the Renaissance.   

That is, if there hadn't been that terrible "accident". Yes, this will work very nicely indeed.

"Now all that remains is a blackened island with a dark past, of which occasionally the lone rocket flies."
"Making and firing Model rockets"

Hmm, it's almost as if someone on that burnt island of broken dreams is dealing with the awful stress of seeing their vision come to a fiery end by retreating into the simple joys of their childhood... or something.   

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

The launch base is still operationall. At least the Secundary (smaller) launch site is, the main launch site has partially melted. Sometimes other compagnies use it to launch a rocket, but never any important launches. It's what pays for essential maintenance and such.

I could probably give you a whole load of numbers on the Aurochs, information about the different stages(7) and operational costs(100 million for each launch, if all recuperable parts make it without more than estimated damage). Not going to do that yet. (It is however a rocket about 50% larger than the Saturn V, and actually just a bit lighter.)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Is this one still alive?

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep, it certainly is. Just needs more interest really (and characters). I'm actually ready to start, but only two characters are ready. I might start things off when there's three, but even that is a bit low.

Anyway, if there's a bit more interest and some more complete characters are posted we can get started. All my evil plans are still waiting to be used :)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Hopefully this 10ebbor10 bringing this back to the first page will pull up membership.

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 0: In the Kingdom of the Blind, every journey begins with a first stumble

James G. "Zanzetkuken" Elrod

You wake at dawn from fitful dreams [10] where you are running from hooded figures trying to drive rusted iron awls through your eyes, running though a shadow city, running to a goal you can't see while rain like smoke falls from an angry purple sky. The images fade quickly [7] as does the crystal clear understanding of them you had mere moments ago. The clock on your bedside table tells you that its 6:53 AM on Monday the 12th of January 2029 and dawn is just starting to break up an overcast sky (this last factoid is provided by your own observation). You should probably get up and go to work. The Government (or the Company, as you think of the specific Government research organization you work for) lets you keep "programer's hours", meaning that they don't really care if you roll in to work  after noon, as they assume that you'll probably be working 'till dawn. Still, you like to show your face early in the day, if for no other reason than to keep up appearances and avoid unwanted interactions with co-workers with more traditional timekeeping habits. You get up and swing your feet from your bed, ready to begin the day. 

Hidden Roll 1 [2+1=3]: Hmm. Something didn't go well for someone or something
Hidden Roll 2 [12-2=10]: Someone or something seems to have succeeded despite the odds. A troubling development

What do you do now? 

Lars Olofsson

You and your Dormobile are parked on the outskirts of a small town close to Lubeck, in northern Germany. With you is an acquaintance from your years on the road, Traugott Geiger. The two of you have just returned from recycling some copper pipes you recovered from an abandoned house at the local scrap merchant [8] and are about to split the profit. Well, the house had certainly been abandoned by the construction workers building it late last night and if melting down waterpipes intended for a German household to fuel China's Industrial Imperialism isn't recycling then you don't know what is. Regardless of these fine distinctions, its time for the cash up. The stacks of pipes you sold came to almost €900, leaving your share at  €445 and change. Traugott tells you that he's got some serious money problems right now and offers you a small bottle with a dropper containing enough LSD for about 200 tabs, or roughly enough to trip the fuck out of a company of marines, in exchange for your share. He'll understand if you want the cash, but would prefer to get rid of the acid. 

Hidden Roll 1 [9+2=11] ESP Roll [9+3=12]: You feel that you've worn out your welcome in this town.
Hidden Roll 2 [7+1=8]   ESP Roll [8+3=11]: You have this, like, urge to head south, just hit the open road and put it all behind you.

What do you do now?

((Well, the old "wait and see" was about as effective as a coconut blast furnace, so I decided to go ahead and start things off. Please keep track of your character spoilers (i.e. when you get loot/skills/injuries its up to you to paste them in to your spoiler). Of course, I'll be referring to them a lot, but this should make things easier for me :). And please bold your actions. Both of these aren't so important with only two players but will make things a hell of a lot easier when there's more. Anyway, let disturbing adventures in the not so distant future commence!)) 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7