Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 216

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV  (Read 461028 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Europa Universalis IV
« Reply #2670 on: May 25, 2016, 08:05:58 pm »

An army could have arrived later and hadn't been in the battle long enough to be allowed to retreat, one army could have much lower morale and make a shattered retreat to the capital/whatever instead of a normal retreat to wherever you clicked, a fort could glitch out and make one army path around a different route to the others, etc. etc.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: May 25, 2016, 08:32:47 pm »

None of those apply to the situation I explained. An army didn't retreat at all, got into another fight as an enemy army landed on them, retreated from that fight, still didn't move provinces, and then got attacked again.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: May 26, 2016, 02:47:42 am »

Fort ZoC BS will sometimes cause it, but there's a fairly recent bug with shattered retreat where that'll happen occasionally. I'm not sure how it's reproduced, and haven't even really played myself since 1.12, but I've heard loads of complaints about it.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: May 29, 2016, 11:32:02 pm »

Ah, that feeling of completing Westernization as Ming and all of your provinces dropping down to 0 autonomy when Celestial Empire expires:

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2674 on: June 09, 2016, 04:26:52 am »

Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2675 on: June 09, 2016, 01:09:02 pm »

Ah, that feeling of completing Westernization as Ming and all of your provinces dropping down to 0 autonomy when Celestial Empire expires:

Westernized Ming is plebian Ming

Mandate of Heaven 5ever

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: June 26, 2016, 08:24:15 pm »

Does anyone know how to fix this dam bug?!?!?!

When using the automatic transport feature, the ships decide that when ever crossing south of Kent (south of England), it should drop all the unit's off at Kent, and then pick them back up again. I have lost a few armies this way.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: June 30, 2016, 07:13:33 pm »

Gaaaaaaah! I used to like playing the Central American nations, like Xiu or Aztec, but it is GODDAMN IMPOSSIBLE now. Paradox screwed something up with the way sieges work, so it's completely impossible to conquer damn near any other country as Xiu. Declare war, stack wipe them, detach siege to take the capital while you occupy all the non-fort provinces. Then random country declares war on completely defeated, occupied enemy, and parks their army in the enemy capital. EVEN THOUGH YOU STARTED THE SIEGE A YEAR EARLIER, THEY GET THE OCCUPATION WHEN THE GARRISON SURRENDERS.

Sorry for caps. Just...really pissed right now, since this is screwing up all my Maya race against the clock playthroughs.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: June 30, 2016, 07:30:09 pm »

I have wished I could declare a "War of Conflicted Interest" on states that happened to be at war with someone I am also at war with.

WoCI would mean the third party is now considered hostile, but the war goals would be whatever they have occupied in the second state.  But neither the first nor third parties could take territories from each other.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2679 on: June 30, 2016, 08:18:19 pm »

I have wished I could declare a "War of Conflicted Interest" on states that happened to be at war with someone I am also at war with.

WoCI would mean the third party is now considered hostile, but the war goals would be whatever they have occupied in the second state.  But neither the first nor third parties could take territories from each other.
sound like a really good idea. Write it up as a suggestion on their forums

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2680 on: June 30, 2016, 09:38:53 pm »

Gaaaaaaah! I used to like playing the Central American nations, like Xiu or Aztec, but it is GODDAMN IMPOSSIBLE now. Paradox screwed something up with the way sieges work, so it's completely impossible to conquer damn near any other country as Xiu. Declare war, stack wipe them, detach siege to take the capital while you occupy all the non-fort provinces. Then random country declares war on completely defeated, occupied enemy, and parks their army in the enemy capital. EVEN THOUGH YOU STARTED THE SIEGE A YEAR EARLIER, THEY GET THE OCCUPATION WHEN THE GARRISON SURRENDERS.

Sorry for caps. Just...really pissed right now, since this is screwing up all my Maya race against the clock playthroughs.
If you were there first and didn't move your army away, you should still get the occupation?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: July 01, 2016, 02:32:43 am »

Only time I have experienced something like this is when I merge or split armies up. Basically, don't do ANYTHING with the army once it is on the capital.

Also, now that I am thinking about it, isn't it unrealistic for these sieges to take years?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2682 on: July 01, 2016, 03:01:15 am »

Also, now that I am thinking about it, isn't it unrealistic for these sieges to take years?
Not at all. IRL sieges often took years, especially before cannon was a thing.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: July 01, 2016, 03:45:41 am »

Yeah, but there's something to be said about there being many short sieges in history, too. Granted, I don't think it'd be very fun to get a "someone left the back gate open" event and suddenly you've been annexed. Probably one of those areas where gameplay trumps realism.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: July 02, 2016, 06:23:18 pm »

if you check longest sieges in history they have one specific tactical reason or another

http://listverse.com/2013/09/20/10-of-the-longest-sieges-in-history/

but I think statistic is skewed because of people not trying a siege without extreme advantages to begin with.
At any rate it's mainly a geological thing. Most city would fall in weeks without a water source, castles in month if they have stockpiles and eject all civilians.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 216