Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 216

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV  (Read 461485 times)

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV
« Reply #1350 on: June 28, 2014, 10:27:32 pm »

Psst posting across forums, how terrible.

So, vassal annexation now costs diplo points, 15/bt, which is the same cost as coring a province with a claim on it. Though vassal annexation does tend to be faster now. I would recommend vassalizing, as Tibet you probably aren't in that much need of diplo points anytime soon so saving the amp is nice. Also you don't have to deal with rebels when you annex them.

If you have any decent allies I wouldn't worry too much about the AE, particularly since Bengal is the biggest power in the region.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: June 28, 2014, 11:14:32 pm »

Psst posting across forums, how terrible.

I've been found out!  :P

My only ally at the moment is the 2PM Kachar, so I'm not too confident about my position on that front. Malwa seems to have overtaken Bengal in terms of power, especially after I beat Bengal up a while ago to take Koch.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: June 28, 2014, 11:52:38 pm »

Yeah, Malwa is the only person I would worry about them joining a coalition against you (they're Sunni, right?). Everyone else is either too far away, a different religious group, or a different culture group, so AE should be minimal other than among the Sunni minors in the area.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: June 29, 2014, 12:52:07 am »

Orissa is hostile and has been pretty aggressive lately, and the only reason I could actually take Bengal the first time around (I had to take Koch off of them because they conquered it) was because Orissa had declared war on them and their allies. I don't know whether they would go after me if I conquered them or not. Just for a general overview, here's a map:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: July 02, 2014, 11:28:11 pm »

1.6.2 AE decay was nerfed back to 1.6 levels making the game near impossible to play as a minor. GG Paradox, just fucking roll back to 1.5 on all the moronic changes you've made to diplo annexing, AE, rebels and military access.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: July 03, 2014, 12:25:28 am »

It seems like turning off automatic updates for EU4 is a good idea nowadays, unless they start offering each and every version as a "beta" so you can rollback when they do something that a significant potion of the community dislikes.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: July 03, 2014, 01:01:24 am »

Well I played this again and found that the update includes even more AI cheating. The AI now get to move at twice the speed your soldier do. That really killed the game for me, does anyone know how I can edit this out? Else I'll just have to go back to EU3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: July 03, 2014, 01:05:35 am »

There's good potential that it wasn't cheating, and indeed I've never heard about such cheating at all, nor is there any patch note that remotely mentions it.

Forced March is a bonus triggerable ability at the end of the Offensive idea tree, which gives 50% or 100% faster movement (I can't exactly remember which).

Higher maneuver generals move armies they lead faster than those with less maneuver or no general at all.

Shattered Retreat causes an army to move far faster than usual.

I believe horse-only armies are also significantly faster than those with infantry/artillery attached to them.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: July 03, 2014, 01:10:28 am »

All unit types move at the same speed. 2x speed does sound a bit high though, even with a high maneuver general. Are you sure the army wasn't shattered or you were moving against unfavorable terrain?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: July 03, 2014, 01:15:10 am »

There's good potential that it wasn't cheating, and indeed I've never heard about such cheating at all, nor is there any patch note that remotely mentions it.

Forced March is a bonus triggerable ability at the end of the Offensive idea tree, which gives 50% or 100% faster movement (I can't exactly remember which).

Higher maneuver generals move armies they lead faster than those with less maneuver or no general at all.

Shattered Retreat causes an army to move far faster than usual.

I believe horse-only armies are also significantly faster than those with infantry/artillery attached to them.

Phew. It does seem to be forced march. First time I've seen it and when the first thing I fight starting moving twice my speed I flipped out. Thought I would have to just stop playing EU4..... Of course, now I know which tech tree to max out first. Double movement speed? GG.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: July 03, 2014, 01:37:45 am »

New dev diary is out. Not really much in it except for the Dutch Republic stuff and the ideas we already know about.

Not going to bother buying it (or playing EU4 at all) unless there's an AE fix.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: July 03, 2014, 02:50:12 am »

What needs fixing?

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: July 03, 2014, 03:12:37 am »

1.6.2 returned AE to it's awful 1.6 levels. There was so much outcry from those changes they had to release 1.6.1 as a hotfix to address AE. I have no possible idea why they thought the community would be fine with them changing it back, did they think we'd have forgotten how bad it was?

There's so much nonsense like coalitions forming when failing to fabricate a claim in the HRE. Hordes having a measly -1 AE reduction a year. Massive AE for vassaling with the average being about 100, some people are reporting 500 for OPM Portugal. Huge AE hit for forcing personal unions that will basically never decay.

Basically if you're a small nation you can't expand without the majority of the continent entering a coalition against you. It forces you to sit on your arse doing nothing for decades (even centuries) and it doesn't contain the larger nations like France since they could already take on all of Europe and win. It's fucking awful and ruined the game for many players including myself who don't care much for playing majors.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: July 03, 2014, 02:13:39 pm »

VEF nerfs AE effects pretty well. Just another reason to like it. Vanilla EU4 is full of stupidity.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: July 03, 2014, 04:03:15 pm »

It's... kind of stupidly easy, to be honest. Once you get some variation on an Empire, you can blob as much as you want with essentially zero consequences.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 216