Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 216

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV  (Read 461931 times)

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV
« Reply #855 on: October 29, 2013, 09:32:00 am »

2 other interestings things to do as Poland :
1) Join and unite the HRE (but Austria will hate you if you get into the HRE, even if they're always friendly before).
2) Prevent Russia from forming (but gotta do this early, by guaranteeing Novgorod).
Though, it's quite impressive that you gobbled up the Ottomans. Also, is it natives still living in America :o ?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: October 29, 2013, 09:36:31 am »

Poor Poland didn't release that the world wasn't flat and therefore got creative in finding a way to India.
Big image, link here: http://i.imgur.com/hnCZnOP.png
You realize that from Poland the land route to India is like 3 times shorter then the seaborne route (even to the West Indies), right?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: October 29, 2013, 09:40:44 am »

Poor Poland didn't release that the world wasn't flat and therefore got creative in finding a way to India.
You realize that from Poland the land route to India is like 3 times shorter then the seaborne route (even to the West Indies), right?

not if you use the might of the empire to cut a canal from the black sea to the persian gulf no

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: October 29, 2013, 09:47:17 am »

Though, it's quite impressive that you gobbled up the Ottomans. Also, is it natives still living in America :o ?
Yup the natives are all alive and dandy, one of them westernised (I forgot which). I can only assumed that the some of the powers guaranteed them or they joined some smart coalitions.
The Uzbeks also westernised and made a face of doom in Russia. Mali managed to beat the snot of Spain and got back it's provinces, defeat portugal but could not compete with the Grande Armée.
HRE formed as usual which is annoying and finally almost every single province that could be colonised is, I think the exception is Timbuktu and a single province in North America.

I do realise that but it didn't start as a game to conquer India, it rarely does as Poland. I was merely trying to get Winged Hussars and Poland can into Space but I pushed into Turkey after the Ottomans got into some devastating wars with Venice/Austia. It seemed like a perfect launching pad into India through Persia/Mid East without having to colonist rush Africa. It also let me have my capital in Constantinople which is far better than Warsaw for East Indian Trade.
Overland trade also has the benefit of not being stolen by light ships and therefore allowed me to reserve more naval forces to heavier ships which Poland needs to compete in naval warfare in anyway.

not if you use the might of the empire to cut a canal from the black sea to the persian gulf no
I really want to port it to Victoria II just for the Suez Canal alone.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 09:49:20 am by Catastrophic lolcats »

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: October 29, 2013, 01:21:59 pm »

Looks like an extended version of Alexander the Great's empire, but then with Poland at the head. Impressive! What year is it at?

I'm at 1580 and going strong. Somehow France just keeps rearing its ugly head, despite being at war with everyone and having been crushed by coallitions on a regular basis. It's like they pissed off every major european power yet they're still trucking along, colonizing my americas...
Is it like a universal constant that everyone hates France? Not that I'm complaining, they're a thorn in my side.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: October 29, 2013, 01:34:32 pm »

Looks like an extended version of Alexander the Great's empire, but then with Poland at the head. Impressive! What year is it at?

I'm at 1580 and going strong. Somehow France just keeps rearing its ugly head, despite being at war with everyone and having been crushed by coallitions on a regular basis. It's like they pissed off every major european power yet they're still trucking along, colonizing my americas...
Is it like a universal constant that everyone hates France? Not that I'm complaining, they're a thorn in my side.

i'm fairly sure that historically francexpoland otp (shipped by poles mostly)

so you know without the polish part there seems to be a problem

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: October 29, 2013, 03:59:46 pm »

New 1.3 patch is out.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: October 30, 2013, 10:49:42 am »

i'm fairly sure that historically francexpoland otp (shipped by poles mostly)

so you know without the polish part there seems to be a problem

I don't know what you just said.  :(

In any case, I had an image lying around thought I'd share. Anyone with a knowledge of low lands history will find this funny no doubt. :)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #863 on: October 30, 2013, 11:09:01 am »

Ah. 'Take that!'
That was funny.
Have no clue about Habsburg or whatever.
But anything that starts with 'Take that!' is usually funny in some way.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: October 30, 2013, 11:09:59 am »

Ah. 'Take that!'
That was funny.
>.<

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: October 30, 2013, 11:16:22 am »

This is my favourite event, it has a very Blackadder feel to it. I'm still not quite sure what a Bureaucratic Despotism is meant to represent though, Despotic Republic already represent the parliament/bureaucrats overthrowing the king like the English civil war.

The Habsburg were arguably the most successful european dynasty ever. At their height they had most of Europe under their dynasty and their family motto is:  "Leave the waging of wars to others! But you, happy Austria, marry; for the realms which Mars awards to others, Venus transfers to you."

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: October 30, 2013, 11:40:29 am »

Habsburgs were the foreign kings of the Netherlands (among oh so many other things that family got into) until The Republic kicked them out. If this event is about a Flandrian noble replacing a Habsburg on one of the European thrones (and didn't just have them as flavor text) it could be considered a sort of karmic payback.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: October 30, 2013, 11:57:53 am »

Habsburgs were the foreign kings of the Netherlands (among oh so many other things that family got into) until The Republic kicked them out. If this event is about a Flandrian noble replacing a Habsburg on one of the European thrones (and didn't just have them as flavor text) it could be considered a sort of karmic payback.
Except that Flanders decided halfway through the "kicking out" phase that they actually did want to stay with the Hapsburgs >.>

* Dutchling shakes his fists and mutters "southern scum..."

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: October 30, 2013, 04:11:15 pm »

That's the general idea yes, beating them at their own game.  :P
The dynasty spread all over in fact, from Hungary to the east, Bohemia who is now a mere shell, to Denmark who rules all of Scandinavia. Less prominent but nontheless symbolically important to the holy roman empire the dynasty in Aachen, and the resulting incorperation in the nation and expulsion from the empire. With some luck, soon Spain to will have a Flemish monarch. :)

Except that Flanders decided halfway through the "kicking out" phase that they actually did want to stay with the Hapsburgs >.>

* Dutchling shakes his fists and mutters "southern scum..."
Ah the disuniy brought by religious strife, it's unfortunate not more at the time shared the views of religious tolerance held by the Prince of Orange. Had the unification held, the debacle with the French and the Spanish reconquest that followed it could maybe have been averted.  :-\

On another note, this sure escalated quickly!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

btw if the amount of images is becoming tiresome just let me know. Having to much fun with the crazy stuff that keeps happening this game.  :P

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: October 30, 2013, 10:04:17 pm »

Congratulations! You may have started the 30 years war!
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 216