Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 216

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV  (Read 461988 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV
« Reply #705 on: September 24, 2013, 12:12:55 pm »

You know what this patch also means? MEIOU and Taxes will finally start making serious progress.

Edit: Who thought it was a good idea to give Serbia a -10% cavalry cost national idea? Does anyone ever have any serious problems recruiting cavalry?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 12:36:33 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: September 24, 2013, 12:57:44 pm »

-10% cost for a unit also means -10% maintenance (since maintenance is based on cost). I'm not sure if it applies to mercenaries cavalry though.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: September 24, 2013, 01:10:18 pm »

Oh, I wasn't aware of that, they really should make that more obvious.

Also, holy cow, I just had the Pragmatic Sanction fire in 1446! I don't think that's how history works!
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: September 24, 2013, 01:48:07 pm »

You know what this patch also means? MEIOU and Taxes will finally start making serious progress.

Edit: Who thought it was a good idea to give Serbia a -10% cavalry cost national idea? Does anyone ever have any serious problems recruiting cavalry?

Russia, after they have -50% infantry cost? :D

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: September 25, 2013, 03:15:04 am »

Oh my god, this is absurd. As Bavaria, my Austria has 10 alliances, and yet is keeping with the diplo tech curve. What's worse, four of the alliances are with Poland, Lithuania, Portugal, and Spain, and another couple are would-be expansion targets around me.

Argh, I'm never going to expand with Austria and its thousands of friends breathing down my neck.

Edit: ...The update reset my Lucky Nations settings. Urgh, what a waste of my time.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 03:56:41 am by Tarran »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #710 on: September 25, 2013, 04:09:48 am »

Well, Savoy is Savoy...and France NO you can't have Savoy.

I'm allied with England, Castille, Aragon and funnily enough some strange amount of states up in the north.
I learned another lesson: Never ally with the 'warring states of bloody north' because really...Wurtember, Mainz, Saxon...they all fight one another like unruly children...sheesh!

Now Aragon's conquered Naples, wonderful.
And the center is in Tuscany's hands while the papal states have been wiped out of the map (and 'Genoa' is now simply in Crimea XD)

But Savoy...nobody shall mess with the Savoyards! really, it's cheaper to hire Mercenaries with out Ideological ideas and then release them post-war...Just must be careful to pay back the loans and...

*chuckles darkly*

HRE...nope, not giving you back MY conquered states. I'll take the hit to reputation any day...in any case, Italy will be mine, mine I tell you!

*ahem* ending the rant...I'm going to annex Corsica.
And then Sardinia.

Is there actually a way to 'buy' regions from other countries, or can you only 'sell' them? I find it strange I can sell them but not 'buy' them.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: September 25, 2013, 04:23:12 am »

The AI will sell provinces they cannot core, possibly to you if they like you, you have the money, and they think you'll want it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 25, 2013, 04:30:54 am »

No, you can't buy provinces. You'll have to ask the devs on the official forums as to why they don't allow it, but I'd assume it's because AIs still aren't super smart, and you could potentially exploit the AI quite a bit as a result, and humans you can just talk to about selling their provinces anyway.

The AI will sell provinces they cannot core, possibly to you if they like you, you have the money, and they think you'll want it.
Yes, but he's talking about just plain offering to buy them, not the AI offering to sell them.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: September 25, 2013, 04:41:31 am »

What would the purpose be of a buy province button if the AI sells a province it doesn't want ASAP anyway?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 25, 2013, 04:51:00 am »

Hey, everyone, important information. For at least some people (including me), game options reset every time the game restarts in 1.2. Meaning Lucky Nations will turn back on. So before you start another 1.2 game, make sure to check your settings!

Edit: Hey, turns out, the Lucky Nations bug is even worse. Sometimes, Lucky Nations can activate mid-game.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 05:23:55 am by Tarran »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: September 26, 2013, 05:44:11 am »

Hey, the 1.2.1 hotfix is out.

Patch notes (with minor corrected spelling):

- Can no longer see destination of others shattered retreat using the low morale icon
- Fixed issue with changing side in the war when making someone your vassal
- Fixed chat where player would not show up i chat
- Warexhaustion now gives revoltrisk again
- Border friction is now entirely dependent on how much basetax you border them with
- Unions now end when the subjects dislikes the overlord, as the tooltip says
- Defender of the faith now gives normal deus vult cb as well

In other news, Paradox is without a good internet. The horror!

Here's translated text from the link Besuchov posted:

News In Stockholm, 10,500 households without internet during Tuesday evening as a result of explosions in connection with the construction of City Line.
The blasting took out fiber owned by Stokab and Skanova. Both internet TV via broadband went out for a total of 17 000 households in the inner city and under Svd problem persists for more than 10 500 households in Vasastan.

Among the affected operators are Comhem and the Stockholm metropolitan area networks.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 05:48:30 am by Tarran »

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 26, 2013, 07:43:11 am »

- Unions now end when the subjects dislikes the overlord, as the tooltip says

Won't that mean you can never claim a throne through a succession war, ever?

After I was done PUing Britain, they had an opinion of me of -180...

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 26, 2013, 07:53:22 am »

Its not so hard, just don't take stuff near them and use improve relations. Assuming your king doesn't die in the next 3-5 years you should be fine I think

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 26, 2013, 10:27:36 am »

Yeah, they only end if your king die while they have negative opinion of you. Since you can get the improved relations to 200, this shouldn't happen.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 26, 2013, 01:00:31 pm »

A good thing is to get the improved relations to 100 before the war, and to take a +30% better relations advisor, since a big malus will come from claiming throne -100, but it can decay fast (had it a +6 per year). Also, bring your newly PU to a war against someone else. There's a +25 for being at war together, +10 for fighting to the end, etc.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 216