Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 216

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV  (Read 461750 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Europa Universalis IV
« Reply #3075 on: November 28, 2017, 01:58:18 pm »

Magyar nation best nation in world. John Hunyadi not John Hapsburg OK.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: November 28, 2017, 02:25:56 pm »

Make Hungary Great Again
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: November 28, 2017, 02:45:36 pm »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3078 on: November 29, 2017, 06:50:30 pm »

Dohoho the Knight orders can get fort maintenance down to -60% with the right ideas and policies. MAKE EU4 DORF FORTRESS AGAIN

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: November 30, 2017, 05:33:38 pm »

Having the mandate of heaven is a major pain, even when going in with 14 tributaries. Seems like the only way to do something to stabilize mandate is to aggressively attack while the clock is still ticking. I got Japan covered for now, but guess Russia is what eats mandate. It probably doesn't make sense to make them a tributary. Would get called to European wars between their declarations of independence. A Siberian client state could probably shield them off though.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3080 on: November 30, 2017, 05:38:27 pm »

The solution is to colonize Siberia and then place a Tatar or Mongol horde in between Russia and Mingberia

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: December 02, 2017, 06:48:28 am »

Heck. I just missed completing The Third Way (start Ibadi, convert all Sunni and Shia provinces) by ~3 years.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

One Sunni province remained in Yeren and one of Ming's provinces got an event and flipped to Sunni. My biggest mistake was not forming Mughals or Persia, but there were a lot of things I could of done before I realized how hard this was going to be. For some reason I thought I just had to wipe every Sunni nation out. Woops.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: December 04, 2017, 03:22:34 am »

So, wierd shit is happening in my ironman Russia game, I fought a inheritance war with Austria and got Hungary in a PU now. Then, my Tsar and my heir converted to Catholicism. I took the "Time for an Orthodox Tsar" decision (-2 stabs, ouch) to convert my Tsar, but he pretty much immediately reverted to Catholicism. Anyone got any idea of what's happening? Does a ruler's religion import?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3083 on: December 04, 2017, 08:26:38 am »

I don't know, religions in leaders are a new mechanic, that might be a bug though

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: December 04, 2017, 09:23:51 am »

Looking on reddit, apparently it's a bug where junior partners can change the religion of the king. I hope they fix it quick, it will already have cost me hundreds of admin mana...

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: December 04, 2017, 09:26:01 am »

Ironically enough, I was just about to suggest that AI Hungary was forcing you to convert. Glad to know I was right.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: December 04, 2017, 12:44:59 pm »

Second attempt fell flat for trying to form Wales into England so that i can culture shift, form england and supplant english/british events with strong welsh ideas with a plan to swamp Europe from fortress Britain & the colonies with Wales's 25% force limit ambitions & strong religious ideas mixed with quantity & gold from Africa.

All of this plus becoming england & passing parlimentary debates, Wales is tough & time consuming to eat your overlord but absolutely underrated for the quality of what you can do with these ideas. I just can't think of any dirty tricks at the moment that would give me a edge as often Scotland falls flat & France is purely good for the continent. Ill try releasing northumberland to free england up of development and intensify the war of the roses event which lets you send over 3000 men to spawn a 8 stack rebel of troops each.

Only time i've ever been freed from England was my first attempt at this where england incurred a irish coalition and lost releasing me within the peace deal. I then got clobbered being greedy & starting more wars after taking laughin.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 12:46:30 pm by FantasticDorf »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3087 on: December 04, 2017, 01:27:55 pm »

Welsh exodus to USA is an obvious one, but I think a path that has been tread before. Is it just me, or does the +prestige, +legitimacy, small size and dank religious + idea bonuses suggest Wales could become a secret Holy Roman Welsh Emperor strat?
Think about it: From Wales you could eliminate the protestant centre of reformation in the British Isles and thus eliminate one of the toughest protestant strongholds. With bonus prestige and legitimacy you'll never lack for bonuses from other states wanting you to be Emperor (once you're big enough), and if you suck up to the Austrians before the Dutch leave, you could theoretically add yourself to the HRE or else just go the long route, become Emperor and so add yourself that way. With bonus to religious ideas and conversion you're a prime candidate for a German and Scandinavian protestant chemotherapy edition, eliminating centres of reformation with missionary strength no one else possesses (except maybe the Byzantines, but they won't have survived this long anyways so no one cares). With your idea groups stacked religious and humanist, you're basically immune to the reformation!
You also have a natural reason to reclaim France as the natural celtic descendants of One True Celtic Francetm. And if you become HRE and defeat the protestants and Dutch, revoking the privilegia cements your hold on the English Channel trade node, as all other trade income goes to your vassals instead of rivals. The only downside I think, is that despite your increased force limit, manpower may still remain an issue, with regards to winning a league war.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: December 04, 2017, 04:15:26 pm »

Why fight the protestants when i can become the protestant with a holy war CB onto usually catholic France & then stack the church power buffs ontop too? Ill keep that HRE strat in mind though you're right it does sound really really good. Protestant church aspect dump in the bit below

However the process to becoming england incurs more development than the emperor will allow as the AI disallows states it feels are a threat, vassalising electors through roundabout HRE wars after i get a foothold in europe through France is a more likely bet.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 04:27:03 pm by FantasticDorf »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3089 on: December 04, 2017, 04:23:51 pm »

You know what, converting to protestantism and leading the protestant league to victory sounds like a great way to usurp the HRE from Austria
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 216