Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 216

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV  (Read 461767 times)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV
« Reply #1935 on: March 09, 2015, 02:06:37 am »

Isn't American culture an offshoot of British/English, making it impossible to get as New Portugal?

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: March 09, 2015, 02:23:32 am »

So Paradox decided to basically remove looting from the game. Looting was one of the only ways for smaller countries and hordes to take on larger countries. Didn't even bother giving a justification for it either.

I thought the development of EU4 was going the right way after Wiz took over from Johan, now it just seems like they're back to their same old bullshit of completely removing game mechanics for no reason. Guess they have to make room for the random nations and Tropes vs Women in History.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: March 09, 2015, 03:08:42 am »

How do you change a province's culture to something other than your primary?

I wasn't aware this was possible. I thought Cultural Shift could only happen if you put your capital in a province with different culture?

So Paradox decided to basically remove looting from the game. Looting was one of the only ways for smaller countries and hordes to take on larger countries. Didn't even bother giving a justification for it either.

Is this due to the military access thing?
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: March 09, 2015, 03:19:45 am »

Is this due to the military access thing?
No they changed it so looting now only happens on a successful siege instead of having an army pass through the territory. This means you'll get a measly base tax payout once per province and you can't wear down a nation's tax/production via looting their provinces.

Right now the only thing you can do in warfare is carpet siege, which I personally don't find amazing gameplay.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: March 09, 2015, 04:27:09 am »

Tropes vs Women in History.
wat

(I haven't played this game in like a year, please explain)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: March 09, 2015, 04:58:10 am »

There's a free DLC out that adds a bunch of events for historical female rulers and female advisors. I actually have nothing against the DLC at all (apart from being ever so slightly too deterministic) and quite like the flavour.
I'd just prefer a little more attention to be focused on the main gameplay and I'm getting really sick of Paradox's "slash and burn" tactic towards "balance". I love the game but man does Paradox make it hard for me.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: March 09, 2015, 06:14:14 am »

I thought the development of EU4 was going the right way after Wiz took over from Johan, now it just seems like they're back to their same old bullshit of completely removing game mechanics for no reason. Guess they have to make room for the random nations and Tropes vs Women in History.
I've figured it out: they just want everybody to play the same one true way, and put a lot of trap options to identify and laugh at the "noobs".
._.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: March 09, 2015, 12:38:04 pm »

am i rite
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: March 09, 2015, 01:06:32 pm »

am i rite
I was simply making a joke about Paradox's attitude towards patching from El Dorado onwards. I thought the satire is pretty clear but since english isn't too great expressing those points through written language I completely understand the criticism.

I probably should have waited for my anger against the nerfing of hordes/small states subsided so any gendered politics couldn't have been dragged into it. My apologies if anyone felt offended, I was just focused on the gameplay and Paradox's continual overall "nerfing" of gameplay mechanics and seemingly waste of time in near (gameplay) pointless DLCs.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: March 09, 2015, 01:10:23 pm »

am i rite
I was simply making a joke about Paradox's attitude towards patching from El Dorado onwards. I thought the satire is pretty clear but since english isn't too great expressing those points through written language I completely understand the criticism.

I probably should have waited for my anger against the nerfing of hordes/small states subsided so any gendered politics couldn't have been dragged into it. My apologies if anyone felt offended, I was just focused on the gameplay and Paradox's continual overall "nerfing" of gameplay mechanics and seemingly waste of time in near (gameplay) pointless DLCs.
I doubt even the missing of these "pointless" DLCs would turn their heads in some of the more flawed mechanics of the game.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: March 09, 2015, 05:27:21 pm »

Isn't American culture an offshoot of British/English, making it impossible to get as New Portugal?
Even when I've done it as Britain/Thirteen Colonies, the culture's never changed with one exception where I had the event that changes a colony's culture.
How do you change a province's culture to something other than your primary?

I wasn't aware this was possible. I thought Cultural Shift could only happen if you put your capital in a province with different culture?
I'm asking how you do it. I imagine you could edit the save file somehow to do so.

I was about to go and show you how easy this was, but I don't know how to 'open' the save files, and there only seems to be a way to change a province's culture to your primary culture. So, no luck there. :(

http://www.eu4wiki.com/Console_commands

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: March 10, 2015, 12:29:55 am »

Specifically use notepad++ because you will die using normal notepad considering the size of the saves.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: March 10, 2015, 01:14:56 am »

I used regular Notepad to edit a save - a decade or so of game time later, the save became corrupted. It was such a nice, promising CK2 convert, too (and had run fine for a while with the edit, so I don't really get why it only broke down at that point).
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: March 10, 2015, 03:12:39 am »

Save uncompressed! Okay, thanks for the tip.

greatorder, if you send me the save, I can change it for you if you'd like. :)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: May 12, 2015, 06:04:14 pm »

The game's on sale for 15$ now if you buy the current humble bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/

I've never tried this before, of course. Looks like there's... 13 days left on this sale? Assuming I'm reading that right.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 216