Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 216

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV  (Read 461612 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV
« Reply #1830 on: January 02, 2015, 07:30:17 pm »

Wait, how did you manage so much AE from just Italy? How fast did you conquer stuff? Have you conquered much stuff without claims or an appropriate CB?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: January 02, 2015, 07:39:58 pm »

Wait, how did you manage so much AE from just Italy? How fast did you conquer stuff? Have you conquered much stuff without claims or an appropriate CB?

I may have taken a few provinces without claims, but I tend to only take claims because it costs less monarch points and seems really good in the long run. The only reason I can think of is that it was made up of so many OPMs that each province was causing ~70 AE each.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: January 02, 2015, 08:24:31 pm »

I believe its because Italian provinces tend to have really high base tax compared to other provinces.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: January 06, 2015, 12:24:28 pm »

I am so sick of Sweden. Every time I have them as an ally, they just sit their armies in their land and never ****ing move. I've even seen them get their guys get stuck in the Russian area somehow, then walk them all the way back through Europe and then Denmark, past the entire battlefield and multiple groups they could have crushed, just so they could go sit on their capital.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: January 07, 2015, 06:38:50 pm »

Here's an album of my previous 1.8 game where I went Jurchen tribe -> Buddhist Manchu -> Qing and got the Silk Road achievement. I also made a beautiful giant Mexico CN which Paradox decided to patch out (for some unknown demented reason), which destroyed the little enjoyment I could find from playing the colonial game.

Highest income by far, fully westernised by around ~1520 (didn't want to vassal feed as an extra "challenge"), world trade leader in almost all trade goods and production leader in most. Biggest religion in the world with something like 1.5k provinces.
It was a stupidly easy and frankly rather boring game. It's the first time I've ever finished a game and by ~1700 I just had the game on full speed occasionally unpausing to do trivial things. Eu4 certainly fails to be interesting in the late game.

My CN managed to suffer a huge rebellion and lost territory while I wasn't paying attention for a few seconds (damn colonial nations suck at surviving), enraging me to no end. Perm is a vassal which I subjugated very early in the game (by no CB declaring and marching across Siberia) just because I didn't want to bother sieging down a thousand Russian provinces in the late game. Didn't want to take Africa but I was too disgusted by the income Sevilla was making.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: January 08, 2015, 09:25:03 am »

... What DOES "Yu Wangguo" mean anyway? I googled it, didn't get anything really applicable.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: January 08, 2015, 02:13:31 pm »

It's meant to be Jade Kingdom/State but I just looked up those characters in a traditional chinese dictionary and slightly anglicised the translation (to keep it in line with Qing and such). It's probably hopelessly wrong but I guess it's better than Manchu Mexico?

王國, Yù Wángguó.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: January 08, 2015, 06:02:19 pm »

I preferred Qingxico when I did something similar. Also Qingstralia, Qingaska, Qingifornia, Qingsiana...

Did you also take Rome?

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: January 08, 2015, 06:08:36 pm »

Yup Rome is mine and is both culturally and religiously converted. Wanted that extra missionary and borders in Europe weren't going to get pretty any time soon. I also forget to say that I was often capped at treasury max (1000k) because trade income was so broken in 1.8.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: January 09, 2015, 06:18:04 pm »

Behold!

It's not that great, but my Game Speed has dropped to two days a second, on full speed, and my king is four year olds. Fuck this shit. o7

There was a northern state, but I needed that monies.

Oh, and don't forget to notice the Adriatic State I was planning to take over Italy with, in place of Serbia.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 06:20:18 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: January 09, 2015, 06:40:13 pm »

Can we get a few screenshots of the whole world? I congratulate you on fulfilling the Intermarium dream and going even farther, but I'm interested in how that giant Oirat blob is doing. Also, Pope and the Saxons are doing very well this game.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: January 09, 2015, 06:50:47 pm »

If you kept going and vassalized the Pope, you wouldn't have even needed to change the name. :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: January 09, 2015, 10:49:13 pm »

Or crack Muscowy before it can expand too far eastward and seize Siberia for yourself, or your vassals.  Intermarium?  Interoceanium. :3

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: January 09, 2015, 11:00:37 pm »

Weird thing just happened. Game was paused. I Annexed a country, then I get a pop-up message while the game is still paused saying a revolt has occurred. Is this normal? What causes it?

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: January 10, 2015, 12:38:39 am »

snip
Muscovy not your vassal? You should have made a beeline and strangled Muscovy in the crib before it got out of hand. Also not only have you failed to removed Kebab but actually allowed it to expand into the Balkans. I'm disappointed. :P

Good little game but if you really want to devastate with Poland you have to get a lot more aggressive. You're in a great spot to strangle the rising powers in the east early and then you can rotate your efforts towards expanding eastwards into Asia or westwards to consolidate Europe.

Weird thing just happened. Game was paused. I Annexed a country, then I get a pop-up message while the game is still paused saying a revolt has occurred. Is this normal? What causes it?
The game seems to "tick" whenever a war is declared or ended. This happened a lot more back in the day when uprisings were random but it still happens occasionally.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 216