Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 216

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV  (Read 461336 times)

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV
« Reply #1530 on: July 24, 2014, 10:05:00 am »

Doesn't Castile normally diplo-vassalize Navarra?

N anyway, I've seen coalitions vs computers, but lucky nations get -25% AE and there use to be a glitch that made it so all AIs got that bonus. (not sure if they ever fixed it.)
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: July 24, 2014, 10:25:57 am »

http://gaddons.org/workshop

Use this to cimcumvent the whole workshop download thing. Just copy+paste the full link of the workshop link of the mod. It'll be downloaded as a certain file type, just rename the extention to .rar or .zip and unpack it to your documents/paradox/Eu4/mods folder to force it to be there.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: July 24, 2014, 11:12:14 am »

Or just register at the Paradox forums, where you can download mods directly, check on their progress and discuss any issues.

As for the AE, greatorder, did you have claims on those provinces you took? Simply being at war, even if it's a defensive war, doesn't allow you to take everything you want if you manage to win. That would be immensely exploitable. And again, the AI doesn't have any hidden bonus: it just bothers with claims and giving their wars at least a facade of legitimacy. Taking territory you can't justify as your own is the very definition of aggressive expansion.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: July 24, 2014, 11:14:10 am »

Yeah, or you could've read his past posts about it.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: July 24, 2014, 11:19:29 am »

Yeah, or you could've read his past posts about it.

I'm not sure what you think I've missed.

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: July 24, 2014, 11:45:36 am »

DDRJake is doing another WC attempt as Ryuku again. Expect fun reducing patches from Paradox afterwards.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: July 24, 2014, 02:15:27 pm »

From Paradox forums:
"He essentially made it so that he got two missions. Recover manpower and obtain religious unity. For this he has to send a colonist to maintain and break religious unity, he also ques up and de-ques troops as needed to complete the mission. What this lets him do is obtain 25 adm and dip every time he triggers the "complete religious unity" mission. (Which he can then de trigger by abandoning the colony, allowing him to take it again. He would also than trigger a set of the manpower mission, then alternate back and forth. This will allow him to max his adm and diplo tech, so he can go on mass conquering sprees as needed. He can then also complete as many idea groups as he wants.

The other exploit was making himself into a protectorate, which makes him immune from coalitions. "

New patch incoming in 3, 2...
._.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: July 25, 2014, 09:44:14 am »

Regarding the workshop troubles, do you have steam sync on? You need to have that on and start up eu4 for the steam workshop mods to (maybe) download.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: July 25, 2014, 10:52:53 am »

I haven't played the game in a long time and aren't up to date on the mods but I think this is the mod you were asking for.
The actual download is on an external site so here you go.

https://mega.co.nz/#!LQBhiKTC!blSEXJNnx74VV2Q1bdioaqnBjop4pPiLvD3J0rMIqMI
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: July 26, 2014, 12:21:53 pm »

Hey guys, do you know where I can find the religious icons for modding purposes? I've had a look in the gfx folder, but to no avail.
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: July 27, 2014, 08:35:29 am »

Hey guys, do you know where I can find the religious icons for modding purposes? I've had a look in the gfx folder, but to no avail.
I think you're looking for:
Europa Universalis IV\gfx\interface\icon_religion.dds
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: July 27, 2014, 10:49:11 am »

Many thanks. :)
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: July 28, 2014, 12:50:09 pm »

I am infinitely aggrieved, playing as Novgorod. I just can't make it work. I used to be able to grind down Muscovy with attrition, but no longer. And very few seem willing to ally me, what with the new rival system -- there are only so many neighbours, and most of them hate Novgorod. I almost had a good game, with a Polish-Lithuanian ally, but they didn't want to join the war against Muscovy that Muscovy started. The hordes have no interest in attacking Muscovy, either, they just battle each other.

Meh. It's sad.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: July 31, 2014, 06:09:39 pm »

My longest gameplay.

Started with the Expanded Timeline mod, which includes bookmarks from CK2... So I played The Old Gods, Wessex. 600 years or so later... Volga Bulgaria, Tang, Hindustan, Abbasid, Japan and Me (Modded "Europe" into it, because "Great Britain" wasn't cool enough at that point).

I don't know HOW, but Japan has been clinging tightly to its islands and, more to the point, Korea against Tang for centuries. And Abbasid just declared war on me, for no reason /o\.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 216