Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Liaison Fort Killer?  (Read 1362 times)

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
Liaison Fort Killer?
« on: August 09, 2012, 01:27:20 pm »

I recently I had my military of crossbow dwarfs attack a liaison to get more raids to happen

Then everything started attacking each other when they attacked it, Basically my fort Imploded....
What Happened?
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Liaison Fort Killer?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 01:28:58 pm »

loyalty cascade. The liason must have been a member of your civilization, so the dwarves who attacked it became traitors.

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 01:32:36 pm »

loyalty cascade. The liason must have been a member of your civilization, so the dwarves who attacked it became traitors.
That happened, but the dwarfs started to kill each other when it happened, everyone attacked everyone
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 01:41:57 pm »

My explaination:

I've been having some trouble with my military dwarves killing each other. Story:

I trap 2 dwarven merchant animals, a yak bull and a donkey in a wall of fortifications. Once the merchants leave I send two archers to kill the animals. The yak bull runs around once being shot and dies of blood loss. I then set the order for the donkey to be killed which is on the other side of the wall. All of a sudden Archer 2 flies back a tile and is unconscious in serious pain. I send my melee military to see what is up. I realize it is Archer 1 shooting at Archer 2. Archer 2 dies and then the melee attacks Archer 1 while he is getting away. Melee 1 starts getting beat up and dies. And then Melee 2 dies and it just cycles out of control.

None of them went berzerk or anything, they just kept on killing each other. Civilians trying to pick up the wounded dying men were "interrupted by fighter." (Fighter being custom profession I use on all military men) There isn't any murder tabs on the justice tab. This happen to anyone else?

Loyalty cascaude.  Your archer 1 attacked what was most likely your parents civ's animals.  He becaome an enemy whislt still being a member of your civ.  Archer 2 atked arch1, killing an enemy.  But being a mem of your civ, arch1 declared arch2 an enemy of your civ.  Melee 1 went to kill enemies of the civs, but all the enemies are friends, and hitting them makes him an enemy.  Every who attacks a friendly while they are allied will become an enemy, while not nessescarilly being removed form the 'ally' list.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 01:42:30 pm »

Hence the "cascade" part. Here's the wiki explanation.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 01:55:25 pm »

I recently I had my military of crossbow dwarfs attack a liaison to get more raids to happen
That only works on diplomats from other civilizations (i.e. Humans or Elves) - you can never trigger a war with your own parent civilization...
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Iosyn

• Bay Watcher
  • KAKAKA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 02:35:34 pm »

Exactly. Friendly dwarf attacks outpost liason-- he becomes an enemy to the civ. dwarves turns on him-- and then they get labelled as unloyal to the fortress. Best thing to do is have your military wipe them out and go stand somewhere out of sight and hope the situation gets resolved fast, or your craftsdorfs will start to cancel jobs and run at the sight of them.

Escalates rapidly.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 02:39:14 pm »

A rookie mistake, we all been there.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 03:15:52 pm »

Exactly. Friendly dwarf attacks outpost liason-- he becomes an enemy to the civ. dwarves turns on him-- and then they get labelled as unloyal to the fortress. Best thing to do is have your military wipe them out and go stand somewhere out of sight and hope the situation gets resolved fast, or your craftsdorfs will start to cancel jobs and run at the sight of them.

Escalates rapidly.
This is one of those situations where flooding the fort with magma is actually beneficial.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 03:21:29 pm »

This is one of those For all situations where flooding the fort with magma is actually beneficial.

Fixed

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 03:23:41 pm »

This is one of those For all situations where flooding the fort with magma is actually beneficial.

Fixed

There may just so happen to be a lot of those situations.