Tears of Olandis
Stormbreaker
The Wandering Behemoth
The Warding Sage
The Whispering Death
The Shadow of Twilight
Astral Crusader
Aether Hound
Other (For the love of god, post in the thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: A Family Affair - Rogue Trader PbP Campaign OOC [Moving again!]  (Read 12396 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Family Affair - Rogue Trader PbP Campaign OOC [Started!]
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2012, 09:41:23 am »

Oh awesome, we've started! I'll get caught up and post soon, just watching Spain vs USA in the Olympic basketball final.

(Come on, Spain! :D)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2012, 04:02:46 am »

Guys, space is big, the station is two days away. You don't need your weapons yet. I bet you sleep with them, too.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2012, 09:51:38 am »

I'm not sure if you were looking for a roll there, Pandemix, but it wouldn't have had any real effect, anyway. Proper ship navigation and such will exist later, but this is still fairly auto-success. Anyway, if you guys want rolls, please say so.

I guess nobody has anything to do, no preparations to make, nothing? Do tell me if there's something you want to try to do. If not, I'll timeskip away once adwarf is done.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Pandemix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2012, 09:59:00 am »

That huge wall of speaking text was so much that I pretty much decided to sum it up, and to get a bonus on a roll when something terribly fucks up that happens at the docking. (Being ambushed or w/e)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2012, 10:13:53 am »

Well, y'see, all these crewmen - they just know their Mechanicum rituals and machine spirit incantations and whatnot. You've just hopelessly confused them now.

Kidding, kidding.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2012, 06:23:11 pm »

Okay, hopefully this will fit in... that is, if I'm still welcome to join in the fun... :)

Anything else you need from me besides the background, which will be written up later?
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2012, 07:56:12 am »

I don't think so, though the Fruits of Corrupted Blood effect from Renegade House say you'll get +10 to a few specific powers - I'm guessing these are the Lidless Stare and the Course Untravelled? Do you want to choose something from the Armoury for me to make an Acquisition roll for? Because that's a thing.

Anyway, welcome aboard.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2012, 08:13:22 am »

Anyway, welcome aboard.
I thought you said this was full?

Edit:

Got that.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 08:29:39 am by Tiruin »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2012, 08:16:27 am »

It is. Theodolus took a spot early on in the interest thread and promised to join in at this date. I agreed. It wouldn't have been very fair to go back on that now.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2012, 08:47:41 am »

Yes, if you hover over the house talent it goes the three powers I'm taking +10 to. Also let's shoot for the moon on the item. A best quality Navis Prima. :-)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2012, 08:54:40 am »

Well, alright then. I am very interested in how you got 59 Willpower, though, can you enlighten me?

Here's the roll for your Navis Prima;

Profit Factor 33, -30 from Very Rare, -20 from Best craftsmanship, +30 from Negligible scale (though I don't think this really fits). So that's 13.

And it's... [17], holy hell, that was close!

In any case, you can start playing. Let's say you're in your hole in the bowels of the ship, resting after translation from the Immaterium.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2012, 09:21:58 am »

Well, let's make sure I didn't screw my math up then... :) I was working on it while being interrupted constantly, so it's possible.
To start with, I rolled using Random.org. My only really good roll was my willpower, coming in at 20. So that's 45 as a base. Having never made a navigator before I figured they operated similarly to Psykers, so I went with all WP increasing bonuses I could find. Wish I had taken some Intelligence and/or Perception advances now, but oh well.
Here's the rest of the breakdown. Imperial World gives a +3, so that's 48. Child of the Creed gave +3; 51 now. Duty Bound (To the Throne) gave +3; 54. Took the Willpower Advance (Simple) for 100xp. That's +5 so 59.

Of course, with a weapon skill of only 29 and most of the survival traits in the low 30's I'd better not get too close to anything or I'll probably explode in a shower of gore.

Also, drat! I knew I should have gone with good quality instead of best quality... oh well.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 09:24:19 am by Theodolus »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2012, 04:01:16 pm »

Short question what ship do we now have?

EDIT: Uhm i actually forgot to add a Servo Skull to my Profile Oo
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 04:23:22 pm by Ghazkull »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2012, 07:22:06 am »

We chose your ship with the name Aether Hound.

@adwarf: I'm ruling that as a Command skill test. You don't have it trained, so you'd be doing it at half characteristic (24), with penalties from Jericho's words and their demeanour to you. If you want to cancel out Jericho's effect, however, I could let you make an Opposed Test against bdthemag, with Fellowship as the characteristic. Please say here or in another post in the thread what you want to do. I could also see that as an Intimidation test, if you like, but that's not trained either.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 07:42:40 am by Digital Hellhound »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2012, 07:23:49 am »

We chose your ship with the name Aether Hound.
:))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8