Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space Program - Logistics & Info  (Read 51894 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space Program - Logistics & Info
« Reply #270 on: August 22, 2012, 08:03:11 pm »

Exactly - if a field is no-one's responsibility, I will behave irresponsibly with the possibilities it offers.
Oh, I'm all over possibilities. One of the first things I'm planning to make in my "free" time is a neat biocomputer. Probably part cephalopod, probably will require some help from the cybernetcs department, but imagine the possibilities! We could probably get GREAT FPS for DF.
Do we even have a cybernetics department? I hope so, it'll be a neccessary sep towards the brain-uploading thing.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 23, 2012, 01:33:47 am »

Naah, Rhineland, but pretty close to the border - a whole lot of the west-to-east drug smuggling goes through this region.
And could we incorporate squid domewhere? Gotta have squid.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 06:16:31 am by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 23, 2012, 03:58:53 am »

if ou eed squid , go to hamsterdam .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 23, 2012, 08:01:15 am »

So, there will be cybernetic cuttlefish with advanced AI on the project?  This is a foolhardy, reckless and poorly thought through abomination; an almost certain recipe for disaster at any moment, should even the most minute detail escape our immediate control!

Very Dwarfy, I approve.

I suppose this means they will be nobles.  Just make sure they're not Magma safe.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 23, 2012, 02:20:55 pm »

I live quite close, Vlaams-Brabant in Belgium.

Also, my department could be the cybernetics department, as i control the AI and am IT admin.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 23, 2012, 05:06:15 pm »

Alright. Once we get our labs, we'll be able to collaborate on the CPU. That is, cephalopod processing unit.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 23, 2012, 05:14:58 pm »

Alright. Once we get our labs, we'll be able to collaborate on the CPU. That is, cephalopod processing unit.

This is pretty much the best plan.
Will it be able to feel pain? Because pain in a computer would have the possibility for making it a lot more useful, if we could wire up certain inputs to it feeling pain, could increase its efficiency by trying to teach it to do certain methods.

Cephalopods are cool too anyway. I mean, LOOK AT THEM.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 23, 2012, 08:15:00 pm »

Will it be able to feel pain? Because pain in a computer would have the possibility for making it a lot more useful, if we could wire up certain inputs to it feeling pain, could increase its efficiency by trying to teach it to do certain methods.

How much pain are we talking, here? We could probably leave the pain receptors in, if having a resentful supercomputer with tentacles (probably, I have to succumb to madness sometime, and it would probably be cruel to amputate), but you'd best not be thinking of putting one of my darling creations into unbearable agony!
Sig

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 23, 2012, 08:24:01 pm »

How much pain are we talking, here? We could probably leave the pain receptors in, if having a resentful supercomputer with tentacles (probably, I have to succumb to madness sometime, and it would probably be cruel to amputate), but you'd best not be thinking of putting one of my darling creations into unbearable agony!

Oh no, nothing terribly bad, only little correctional things.
In the same way a child gets a small smack on the back of the hand when they knock over a vase or something, just throw it a token pain signal when it throws a stupid error back at you. Teach it to be more user friendly.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 24, 2012, 03:49:11 am »

I have to succumb to madness sometime
This is why I propose that in an area unreachable by the AI (say, M.A.D.P.L.A.N.S. headquarters, I'm not letting that thing in there) we have an 'AI control panel' covered in lots of buttons/levers/gizmos. The biggest, reddest, button shall be labelled 'do not press-self destruct', and will blow up in the presser's face if pressed. On the back of the control panel will be a small blue button labeled 'real AI self destruct.' It will blow up in your face, lock the door to the room, drop a Slade minecraft filled with zombie giant sperm whales on Your head, and flood the room in magma.
In another part of the facility, there will be a real self destruct button.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 04:05:19 am by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 24, 2012, 04:11:36 am »

omg this thread turned into endless pile of words , i ain't gonna read that .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 24, 2012, 04:46:57 am »

You're dead, you CANT read.
Anyway, i'll make sure that the AI will not get in your headquarters. I'll just install some security cameras for good measure. We dont want anybody to be assasinated, do we?

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 24, 2012, 05:09:36 am »

omg this thread turned into endless pile of words , i ain't gonna read that .
1. Shush you. You dead.
2. This is the planning/logistics thread.
3. Miauw, I'll install the cameras. And self destruct button. And choose the cameras.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 24, 2012, 05:28:06 am »

Okay.
*picks up phone*
yo, i just got a GREAT idea, you'll love it! all security cameras should have LAZERS on them! Right now!
[other side of line]Sounds like a great idea indeed, i'm on it!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 24, 2012, 06:24:48 am »

I believe there should be an extensive system of surveillance that covers everyone at all times.

And for added awesome, it should be done with 50's technology.

[Hitler and Himmler stand in a small room. On a table there is a giant black box.]
Hitler: What is this giant black box?
Himmler: It presumably is a bug, planted by the enemy.
Hitler: Aren't we going to remove it?
Himmler: No - nobody can lift the damn thing!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24