Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space Program - Logistics & Info  (Read 51951 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space Program - Logistics & Info
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 07:25:26 am »

Logistics? That's my favorite fetish.
I very much did not need to know that.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 04:11:06 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 07:27:16 am »

there should be a law that forbids anyone to talk about their fetishes .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Nyan Thousand

• Bay Watcher
  • It's exactly nyan thousand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 07:58:03 am »

there should be a law that forbids anyone to talk about their fetishes .
That would only make it more arousing, to tell the truth.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 08:18:59 am »

please don't ever tell the truth .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 08:43:50 am »

Heh.

So...logistics and info.

Apparently, we have chosen to set up or main colony on Mars. I have been self-appointed Head Biological Officer, and no one has argued. We have considered genetic engineering to deal with various problems; the best suggestion insofar as that goes is to create symbiosis with photosynthetic bacteria, which I guess isn't all genetic engineering. Also, we're planning a war with Terra once we get established. Well, some are, I'm advocating more peaceful solutions, like THREATENING war and death from above and all of that.
Logistics? This is tricky. To survive attack, likely most of our stuff will be deep underground. Also, power will be based on geothermal and solar. Food will be grown either with artificial light or in big greenhouses on the Martian (or Lunar--I've suggested a military base on Luna for better access to Terran orbital space. Not that reliance on surface greenhouses would be a good idea, so close to Terra...) surface. Asteroid mining would probably be a good idea, and along with that some kind of Ceres-based, erm, base would be neat. These widely-flung bases would make communication an issue, so each base or spaceship should have a captain/mayor/whatever with absolute power until he comes back to an area in contact with some other power. Naturally, if they violated the guidelines or goals outlined by Central Command (probably on Mars), this would be treason, but punishment would be light(er?) on those who simply followed the captain's orders. After all, what could a single spaceship do that's worth losing a well-trained crew who was interested in not risking the ship? Speaking of soaceships, they should be covered in photovoltaic cells except for the thingy that expels waste heat; this both increases available power AND makes us harder to detect by Terran ships. Obviously, most of this would be under debate or is already, but most of it is (IMNSHO) reasonable and logical.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 08:46:17 am »

please don't ever tell the truth .

"They gave him a drug, you see, a truth serum, and he had to swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. But, you see, they had given him too much..."

"I really don't remember any of it. Only that the best bits were about frogs."
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 12:16:34 pm »

I know it's a ton of reservations - but hell I'd hate to run out - so I just reserved like crazy.

Right now in the open discussion thread, we're organizing the subcommittees for different aspects of martian lives. I'm working on the OP here now.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 03:56:10 pm »

ptw

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 06:03:42 pm »

So, You might want to include that I've promoted Slowpokez to head of the department of Arts and Recreation, I.E. culture related-things.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2012, 09:01:56 pm »

Powerless? Don't make me have to smite a bitch.

Otherwise the thread looks to be coming along splendidly and I commend your efforts with a mid-paced golf clap.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2012, 09:14:18 pm »

If elected the Head of Mars Colony Defense, I shall to erect a wall of cage traps in a hollow spherical formation all around mars. It shall be impenetrable... unless Terra allies with clowns.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2012, 09:26:46 pm »

If elected the Head of Mars Colony Defense, I shall to erect a wall of cage traps in a hollow spherical formation all around mars. It shall be impenetrable... unless Terra allies with clowns.
*read with french accent*
"Elected"? No no, monsiuer. The time for elections is past. All positions must be claimed, and be Approved by either moi or President Fancy pants.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2012, 09:34:52 pm »

*read with french accent*
"Elected"? No no, monsiuer. The time for elections is past. All positions must be claimed, and be Approved by either moi or President Fancy pants.

I claim head of Earth relations. As only a person with sanity can correctly deal with humanity without flipping out and shooting at the diplomat.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2012, 09:38:47 pm »

Hi, M.A.G.M.A administrator here to tell you we need more divisions with great acronyms.

If you plan to apply for any administrations you need to provide a great acronym for your division. I will accept nothing less and I'm hoping misko has my back on this one.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 09:49:40 pm »

N.I.G.H.T.M.A.R.E.

Neutralizing Intruders Greatly Honors This Management Association, Rarely Ethically
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24