Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: I think there's something wrong with me  (Read 7281 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: I think there's something wrong with me
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 07:34:07 pm »

Just ah... out of curiousity, yes. What's the most recent version of DF in which you can kill everything in the world and it stays dead?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 07:58:09 pm »

You know, one day someone brought up the issue that you can eat prepared dwarf/elf/human/goblin meat if someone else butchered it.
Then I realized just why it never crossed my mind to actually try.

[EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:UNTHINKABLE]

How are you supposed to be able to distinguis between elven meat and snake meat? It all tastes like chicken to me...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 11:47:52 pm »

You know, one day someone brought up the issue that you can eat prepared dwarf/elf/human/goblin meat if someone else butchered it.
Then I realized just why it never crossed my mind to actually try.

[EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:UNTHINKABLE]

How are you supposed to be able to distinguis between elven meat and snake meat? It all tastes like chicken to me...
Elf meat has a slight undercurrent of fat to it, and it's sort of layered, like an onion, except with tender meat and fatty goodness between each layer. Not from personal experience of course. Guess which part I'm lying about.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2012, 05:00:18 pm »

I'm another that just can't do the "evil" route too often. At least in video games. It leaves me feeling like a total jerk. Hell, I hate Renegade Shepard in the Mass Effect series, because most of the time he's just a xenophobic bigot.

PnP games are another matter though. Lawful Evil I greatly enjoy playing, because it rarely involves killing random people, which is about the only way to be "evil" in most video games. Instead I rob them blind and gradually crush their souls. For some reason this brings me great pleasure.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2012, 03:52:40 am »

I am yet another moral-dependant player who just cannot go evil. That's why I'm so exited about the upcoming release; when I'm against bandits I have absolutely no qualms whatsoever with going full-on heroic sociopath on them! I can't wait to get my hands on some ruffians and permanently crippling them into mangled heaps before handing to the proper authorities.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2012, 03:59:15 am »

Personally, I can;t wait until I can become Hannibal Lecter for the kiddies. But I'm insane, so to each their own and all that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2012, 07:09:24 am »

Personally, I can;t wait until I can become Hannibal Lecter for the kiddies. But I'm insane, so to each their own and all that.

+1
Gotta watch those movies sometime.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2012, 11:56:09 am »

My friend is always saying to go evil.

But I want to play the boring nice guyyy :(

It usually goes like

"What do you get if you're good?"
"You can shoot chain lightning."
"Awesome! All right, I'm -"
"No, but if you're bad, you can shoot better chain lightning and use this laser ability. The only downside is that the civilians will attack you but they're the weakest thing in the game."

>:(

I have yet to seriously play Adventure Mode. I guess I should.
My wooden badge was delicious.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2012, 07:08:15 pm »

I can play evil in games other than DF.

In saying that, it's usually on the second playthrough, after being the good/neutral guy. I've played Fallout: NV about 5 times through completely. Of those, 3 were for an independent NV, with one of those keeping House alive, once was for the NCR, and I did a Hardcore run with the Legion. It was God damn hard!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2012, 08:49:09 pm »

I can play evil in games other than DF.

In saying that, it's usually on the second playthrough, after being the good/neutral guy. I've played Fallout: NV about 5 times through completely. Of those, 3 were for an independent NV, with one of those keeping House alive, once was for the NCR, and I did a Hardcore run with the Legion. It was God damn hard!

One of the greatest games ever made, hands down.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2012, 01:47:57 am »

I'm another that just can't do the "evil" route too often. At least in video games. It leaves me feeling like a total jerk. Hell, I hate Renegade Shepard in the Mass Effect series, because most of the time he's just a xenophobic bigot.

PnP games are another matter though. Lawful Evil I greatly enjoy playing, because it rarely involves killing random people, which is about the only way to be "evil" in most video games. Instead I rob them blind and gradually crush their souls. For some reason this brings me great pleasure.

Way of the closed fist ftw.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Boozebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2012, 04:25:35 am »

It depends on the character I play, really. I tend to gravitate to a life of heroism, though, because there's not much to a life of crime as of now. If it's possible to form a bandit group in the near (or distant!) future, that would be swell.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2012, 05:25:06 am »

Way of the closed fist ftw.

Technically, that wasn't the evil path, so long as you did it right.

In saying that, Bioware kind of ruined it by not doing it right in the first place. There should have been an Open Palm/Closed Fist meter as well as a Good/Evil meter, because the whole deal with the CF path was making people look out for themselves, as opposed to just killing them and taking all their stuff.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2012, 02:27:39 pm »

I am yet another moral-dependant player who just cannot go evil. That's why I'm so exited about the upcoming release; when I'm against bandits I have absolutely no qualms whatsoever with going full-on heroic sociopath on them! I can't wait to get my hands on some ruffians and permanently crippling them into mangled heaps before handing to the proper authorities.
That sounds uncannily similar to my mindset. I don't have an alter ego without me knowing, do i? Heroic sociopath is probably one of the best terms to describe my playing style in any game that allows it. This stands in stark contrast to my bro, however, who's just a flat out sociopath. Quite odd, really. He always goes evil and stealthy backstabber, while i always go good guy murder train with a really big weapon. It's way more fun to be in peoples faces rather than attacking from behind. Well, unless they manage to overlook me, in which case i'll happily backstab them with a ridiculously non-stealthy weapon. NOBODY EXPECTS TO BE BACKSTABBED BY THE BIG GUY.

But yeah, this goes for DF too, i very rarely kill any innocents. I'll happily strut into a bandit camp on my own and do a Norwegian Axenado though, because they're BANDITS.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2012, 03:03:26 pm »

But yeah, this goes for DF too, i very rarely kill any innocents. I'll happily strut into a bandit camp on my own and do a Norwegian Axenado though, because they're BANDITS.
...Who are outcasts of society who want to survive as much as anybody else does. That's why they're all in the outsider bandwagon.
Pages: 1 [2] 3