Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: I think there's something wrong with me  (Read 7282 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
I think there's something wrong with me
« on: August 08, 2012, 04:38:44 pm »

I've accomplished a great deal in Adventure Mode. I've taken down stalwart bandit leaders and their minions, swept the scourge of hostile underground creatures from the deepest dungeons and sewers of the grandest cities, taken down the mightiest of semi- and entirely megabeasts, tearing their bodies asunder with my weapon(s) of choice, the sword. I do this all single-handedly!

I've even braved the twilight, journeying out into the darkness to settle countless scores with the bane of the night, the bogeymen. I've destroyed the horned little buggers with my bare hands for the untold number of adventurers that they have gored or bludgeoned to death on innumerable worlds in the unending cosmos.

Despite all this, I've never been able to directly harm the innocent people who populate my worlds. Never once have I tried to drown kittens. Never have I attempted to gouge the eyes of young children, merrily making their way through life. I've never even randomly snapped the joints of an intelligent being in order to increase my wrestling skills! ... well except that one time... damn carpenter, how dare you make me crawl to get into your own house...!

So, DF community, is something wrong with me? Please, help!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
Re: I think there's something wrong with me
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 04:49:09 pm »

find a moon snail and eat it alive .
this will open your mind to quantum nothingness , from this second , you will be bloodless killer .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 04:52:14 pm »

Hahaha, I'm glad I'm not alone. When I play any game, I cannot bring myself to "go evil." Fallout, Skyrim, Fable, even DF... I can't do it. Which leads me to believe you have something called a "heart." You play the game as you would yourself do in a real world--barring all serious reformation of ethical and moral processes, which would occur shortly after being placed in such a situation IRL.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 04:53:47 pm »

Hahaha, I'm glad I'm not alone. When I play any game, I cannot bring myself to "go evil." Fallout, Skyrim, Fable, even DF... I can't do it. Which leads me to believe you have something called a "heart." You play the game as you would yourself do in a real world--barring all serious reformation of ethical and moral processes, which would occur shortly after being placed in such a situation IRL.

Me as well.

WE ARE OUTCASTS IN BAY12. Quickly, get in the truck before they lynch us!
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 04:57:21 pm »

Me as well.

Was that our escape vehicle?! I melted down the engine because I wanted this sweet new *Steel Right Highboot*! NOOOO!

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 05:00:53 pm »

Armok frowns upon thee. Repent!

Kaiserr

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 05:03:54 pm »

COWARDS!REPENT FOR YE SINS,O SINFUL WRETCHES!PREPARE TO BE BAPTIZED IN BLOOD BY ARMOK HIMSELF!

But no,I don't understand you at all.
4srs
Wait, you type with your feet? That's badass.
DF: Beat people to death with their own appendages!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 05:20:58 pm »

With a lot of my adventurers I kill, slaughter, and maim everything in sight. But some adventurers...some of them rise above the filth of Gotham Human City. They become more than just a hero. They become a symbol. Everlasting. Enduring. Incorruptible. A noisy protector. An inattentive guardian. A Dorf Knight.

But seriously, with some adventurers, I don't kill civvies. Mainly because on the only adventurer I've done this on, he's become so ridiculously powerful he once accidentally killed a dragon, and I'm pretty sure he strungled a giant once. Except for goblin villages because they don't want to talk to him.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 05:24:56 pm »

Me as well.

I thought I was the only one! It's joyful to know there are other people out there who don't feel the need to destroy entire civilisations at a whim.

Also, Kaiserr, I've taken on many hydras, dragons, titans and colossi solo. How dare you suggest I have even an ounce of cowardice! I even had an arm torn off by a Roc and WENT BACK FOR MOAR!!! Then had a leg torn off and decided that I loved my adventurer too much and retired him in a nearby village. Not cowardice though, he was seriously great. Lop-sided, but great.

I've never once encountered a minotaur though. Not even been given a quest to take one down  :-\
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 05:30:37 pm »

I've never once encountered a minotaur though. Not even been given a quest to take one down 
I don't play adventure mode, but from my experience minotaurs are extremely easy to kill. I don't know if I just got lucky, but both times I've encountered them in Fortress Mode they were easily dispatched by a single recruit with iron/copper equipment.

Jables

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 07:33:21 pm »

I don't really see the appeal of killing innocent townspeople. Now, overrunning their town with zombies and letting your legion of the undead slaughter them, that's a completely different story. :D It doesn't even make the civilization angry with you.

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 03:24:40 am »

Never have I attempted to gouge the eyes of young children, merrily making their way through life.

So, DF community, is something wrong with me? Please, help!

You have you put away your weapons and sheilds, before you can gouge eyes out!   ;)
When I play any game, I cannot bring myself to "go evil." Fallout, Skyrim, Fable, even DF...
When playing skyrim, you could go evil, but there is no way that you can complete the game that way, all of the content assumes that you either are good all the time, or accidently hit the cabbage-seller when he get in your way, fighting a blooddragon, and get jailed for that - which is retarded - why would Urist McWeakOldLadyButImportantQuestgiver go badass dragon wrestler and then get burned alive on purpose?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 03:33:29 am by Meistermoxx »

AleAndSteel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 04:22:38 am »

This is insane! Ludicrous!
http://kodblogblogkod.blogspot.co.uk/

"Urist? Urist, stop the wagon. Urist, stop now. URIST! STOP! STOP RIGHT NOW! YOUR DRIVING US INTO THE VOLCANO! URIST!!!!!!!!"

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 08:53:05 am »

This is insane! Ludicrous!

You are obviously not from The Internet, like the rest of us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 05:48:38 pm »

You know, one day someone brought up the issue that you can eat prepared dwarf/elf/human/goblin meat if someone else butchered it.
Then I realized just why it never crossed my mind to actually try.

[EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:UNTHINKABLE]

I've never once encountered a minotaur though. Not even been given a quest to take one down 
I don't play adventure mode, but from my experience minotaurs are extremely easy to kill. I don't know if I just got lucky, but both times I've encountered them in Fortress Mode they were easily dispatched by a single recruit with iron/copper equipment.
Eh, I've had a minatour make my fortress its home once. It picked up a masterwork steel battleaxe... Best minatour I've had, ever. Adventure mode ones are still pretty deadly to a fledgling peasant though, and they'll kill a few of your companions before going down.
But who cares? The companions served their purpose.
Pages: [1] 2 3