Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Building next to settlements?  (Read 716 times)

TigerHunter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Building next to settlements?
« on: August 08, 2012, 03:04:52 pm »

I read some things on the wiki that suggest it's possible to embark on an area with a settlement in it. How does one do this?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Building next to settlements?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 03:25:49 pm »

I read some things on the wiki that suggest it's possible to embark on an area with a settlement in it. How does one do this?
You don't - the part of the wiki you were reading was for an older version, and it's no longer possible to embark on top of a Human town.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 04:01:51 pm »

but you can embark on a kobold cave .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

TigerHunter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 04:54:59 pm »

but you can embark on a kobold cave .
How does one find one?

Malecus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 06:53:53 pm »

I believe there's a DF tool out there called "Just Embark" that will allow you to settle pretty much anywhere you're not supposed to.  Never tried it myself, so I can't say for certain how well it works, if at all.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 08:57:35 am »

It works. Everyone hates you. Die and reclaim, the dwarf-killers stay around all friendly while the others have vanished. Also, only towns and fortresses (not the dwarven kind or the goblin kind) exist.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.