Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bugged/corrupted cages (incidental spoilers)  (Read 553 times)

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bugged/corrupted cages (incidental spoilers)
« on: August 08, 2012, 01:12:32 am »

So, I released the HFS in my current fort, and my plan to deal with the demons included webbed cage traps. I gave a little report on the action in the "What's Going on in Your Fort?" thread if you're interested in the details. Long story short, I caged about half the demons. Most of the caged demons were moved to the animal stockpile as expected, and I built most of the rest in my zoo. However, there are 8-9 cages that the dwarves refuse to touch. Perhaps coincidentally, all of the offending cages were green glass terraria. There were definitely fire demons in the area (and some in the  bugged cages), and some nearby items had been melted. The cages are clearly accessible and definitely not forbidden. The dwarves won't dump them if I mark them for dumping, and they don't show up on the build list. I can look at the cages with k and view their description and contents. The demons inside the cages are listed properly on the units list. Now here's where it really gets weird: I used dfhack to autodump the offending cages, hoping it would snap them out of whatever screwed up state they were in. After the autodump, the offending cages showed up on the build list, but with enormous negative distances shown. Any time I tried to build one I'd get a "could not find path" cancellation. At this point I force-quit the program to avoid possibly corrupting my save file.

So I guess this leaves me with three questions:

1) Is there any way to fix the bugged cages? Dfhack/memory manipulation programs are fine with me for this purpose.
2) Is there any chance these cages will corrupt/have corrupted my save file?
3) If they can't be fixed, is there a safe way to dispose of the bugged cages? Maybe autodump destroy? autodump then atom smash?

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bugged/corrupted cages (incidental spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 01:16:37 am »

you could kill the contents with DFhacks slayrace command. Maybe the heat/seeing demon/Urist's an idiot/whatever won't impact.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bugged/corrupted cages (incidental spoilers)
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 03:32:19 am »

Well, looks like I fixed it. I autodumped then re-autodumped the cages and the dwarves took the cages to the stockpiles like they were supposed to.

For future reference, where is that slayrace command in dfhack?