Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Searched everywhere can't find a dragon - quest help  (Read 838 times)

MrMotorhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Searched everywhere can't find a dragon - quest help
« on: August 08, 2012, 12:59:24 am »

I've been given a quest to kill a cave dragon.  I tracked it to a city and everyone tells me "look first in the catacombs".  I've been in every part of the dungeon (under the central keep) and in 4 or 5 different sewer entrances, but no luck finding the sucker, or any way into the catacombs.  The sewers just seem to go on and on and never connect to anything, or have anything interesting in them.  The dungeon at least has goblins (non hostile for whatever reason) and lots of loot.

I've searched all over the single temple in town, but can't find any way into the catacombs.

Does anyone have any more ideas for me to try to track this thing down?

Failing that, is it possible to abandon the quest?  I've tried getting different quests, but (only lords give quests anymore) they only ever give me the one to kill the dragon.

I'm going nuts in an otherwise very fun adventure game.

wolfwood296

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Searched everywhere can't find a dragon - quest help
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 01:10:06 am »

the only entrance into the catacombs is from the temples, might be connected to the keep. also the entrance to the catacombs might be outside the temple, i think anything around the area of the temple is part of the temple.
I've asked Uristeamer to begin investigating his duck's ability to eat a fully grown dwarf.- quote from broseph stalin

MrMotorhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Searched everywhere can't find a dragon - quest help
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 09:32:18 am »

Thanks, I went back and scoured every inch of the temple and the houses surrounding it, still no luck.  I found some unmarked sewer entrances on the river, but they seemed too deep and I was worried about drowning.

Strangely enough, the quest seems to have disappeared from my log, so I left that city looking for more work.