Yes
- 156 (42.6%)
No
- 17 (4.6%)
I have no opinion and prefer to select the zany "other" option on forum polls
- 193 (52.7%)

Total Members Voted: 364

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 84

Author Topic: I badly draw your reports!  (Read 334026 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: I badly draw your reports!
« Reply #600 on: October 03, 2012, 03:21:04 pm »

So, Barring ice or swelting melting of fat...  no exposure deaths?  I meant hypothermia or heat exhaustion.  In my adventures or days as overseer I've yet to see a dorf die from the elements...
It has to be really cold. But it happens. The clothes degrade and wear away quickly, then the Dwarf starts to degrade and wither away in the bitter cold...

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 03, 2012, 06:47:30 pm »

In a cave were the vampires Dullbite and Beesburied, I beat the snot outta them -- should you wish to draw those two have fun, otherwise I'm fine.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 03, 2012, 07:07:06 pm »

Huma child getting beat up by other humans with copper pipes GO!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 07:22:07 am by Slayerhero90 »
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 03, 2012, 07:25:04 pm »

In one of my earliest forts (31.08), when I first started DF, I had not one but TWO of the four military dwarves I sent to chase off a macaque invasion dodge into a murky pool and drown, presumably while the cute little monkey laughed its head off at them.

MrCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Because I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 04, 2012, 02:05:32 am »

I had a somewhat similar situation to Beast Tamer, with dust clouds bringing lifeless husks of sadness and death-huggles. A few stray kittens had been killed as result of a goblin ambush, and I had (stupidly) left them outside to rot. When they were not all that surprisingly turned into carnage machines (about 7 in total, I think) I holed up in my fortress, which had no competent military force at the time, and left a poor miller outside to die. I then watched in a mixture of wonder and horror as the undead kittens proceeded to kill him in the slowest way physically possible, chasing him all over the map and bruising all sorts of things. He was finally ended when he dodged into a pool of stagnant water and drowned.

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 04, 2012, 03:37:31 am »

All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 04, 2012, 05:23:39 am »

Obviously this Kea has many great plans for your wheelbarrow!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 04, 2012, 09:15:10 am »

Just had an epic moment.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So, a Snatcher snatches a baby out of one of my hunter's hands. Easy 10 tiles to the map edge, and he makes it halfway, but she shoots him in the lungs to stop him. I set my squads at the snatcher, seeing it has a baby. A nearby marksdwarf helps her by beating the snatcher repeatedly, while the mother makes him pay.

She shoots him in his lungs first, then all his limbs and his head. She (and another close marksdwarf) then proceed to further tear up his right lung with shots, and finally she shoots him in the head for a killshot.

Now she's scooped up her child and has restored duties like nothing happened.

Urist McMomOfTheYear

Okay, so, I recently started a fortress in an Evil biome. Now, this biome, instead of skeletons all over the place, has nefarious soot clouds that drift by every once and a while- you know, the ones that make almost un-killable husks?

During the first year, half of the first migrant wave and all of the second were either wiped out by a soot cloud, or by the zombies they make. I had to seal myself inside, dig out long winding tunnels, and make a system of doors and floodgates to seal them in the tunnels so I can go back outside and get much needed wood.

I unseal the entrance, and send out my woodcutter. A mason also drifts past, followed by her dozen of war dogs she trained. I cut down a few trees, and some time later, get an announcement saying that she gave birth. I zoom to her, and find that she's sleeping on the edge of the map.

I also find that half her pack of war dogs got turned into soot zombies and are attacking the other half while she sleeps, but that's not the interesting part. I see that one dog is hanging around her rather than the fight raging a few squares away, then I notice an arm flying away and blood spurting onto the ground. Curiosity piqued, I check her for wounds, after finding none, I check her baby.

Her baby lost the arm, and is also a soot zombie.

The dog keeps attacking the baby, ripping off both arms and legs, until the mother wakes up. She sees the fight raging just a few feet away, then runs- taking the baby with her. The war dog follows, determined to make the zombie baby into a snack. Once far enough away, she makes a run for my fortress. Out of curiosity, I don't seal her out.  She walks into the fortress, the dog still running after her.

Nobody notices the zombie baby flailing around her bloody stumps besides the dog, and the Elf Caravan. So now, I have a zombie baby with just a head, upper and lower body, Elves that run away whenever my mason gets close to them, and a war dog determined to do its job.

I'm thinking of making it my first mascot.

In my last fort, I have mr.Urist Mcbrokenleg who sleep uselessly in hospital for year deu to leg injury.

One day, he had been taken by mood and miraclely stand up. Then he rush to claim the workshop and creat artifact armor.

After that he walk back to the hospital , sleep in the same bed and never wake up since then.

This is his thoughts

This is also the last of the stuff on Page 40, so say hello to a new folder! Wait, I think I forgot something...
a trained war cave crab beating a troglodyte sensless. Oh how I wish it had used the trog's thumb as a blunt object instead of just severaing it.

In a cave were the vampires Dullbite and Beesburied, I beat the snot outta them -- should you wish to draw those two have fun, otherwise I'm fine.

Huma child getting beat up by other humans with copper pipes GO!

In one of my earliest forts (31.08), when I first started DF, I had not one but TWO of the four military dwarves I sent to chase off a macaque invasion dodge into a murky pool and drown, presumably while the cute little monkey laughed its head off at them.
My wooden badge was delicious.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 04, 2012, 09:24:34 am »

Mine would take too long to copy by typing, so I'll have to summarize: A zombie described as  "a huge monster taking the form of a peach-faced lovebird" that is missing all skin, feathers, fat, muscles, organs, and nervous tissue. However, it also has "incredible muscles". Where are those muscles, then?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:27:14 am by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 04, 2012, 05:27:08 pm »

Neatly folded.  In a cabinet.  In his bedroom.  Along with all of the rest of his useless crap belongings.

He has a picture of them in his wallet, and will show you, even if you didn't ask.  Kind of like an annoying first time parent.

Now THAT'S an image!

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 04, 2012, 05:45:19 pm »

Mine would take too long to copy by typing, so I'll have to summarize: A zombie described as  "a huge monster taking the form of a peach-faced lovebird" that is missing all skin, feathers, fat, muscles, organs, and nervous tissue. However, it also has "incredible muscles". Where are those muscles, then?

just because they're somewhere lost on the floor smashed out by a warhammer, doesn't mean he doesn't own them, nowhere does it say those muscles are on his body :P
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 04, 2012, 05:53:17 pm »

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 04, 2012, 07:04:19 pm »

It's a typo -- Mussels.  He has increadible undead Mussels.

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 04, 2012, 10:55:45 pm »

Have fun with this one:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(You were killed by the circus, if that's any help.)
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 84