Yes
- 156 (42.6%)
No
- 17 (4.6%)
I have no opinion and prefer to select the zany "other" option on forum polls
- 193 (52.7%)

Total Members Voted: 364

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 84

Author Topic: I badly draw your reports!  (Read 333994 times)

EpeeGnome

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TLDR:APPALLING]
    • View Profile
Re: I badly draw your reports!
« Reply #585 on: October 01, 2012, 10:26:24 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't think I should explain this here.
I hate to say this, but this is pretty boring...
Perhaps it is less boring if Animated (badly)!

The Capybara vomits x∞
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 10:38:17 pm by EpeeGnome »

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 01, 2012, 10:31:49 pm »

It looks like Koi are jumping into his mouth, but the tape is being played backward.

WHY ARE YOU ALL MESSING WITH MY MIND!!!!!!!!!111?28,

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 01, 2012, 10:36:53 pm »

With a recent fortress I'm developing (and somehow incurring a loss on food), I've developed a fairly sadistic execution for the unfortunate creatures that dare attempt to besiege the fort unintentionally.  (Wanted to outright kill the gobbos, and I apparently was one z-level off.)  I wouldn't be surprised if you made an image of the unfortunate goblins being dumped into the spike pit (Made with wood spikes due to not wanting to clutter the forge for armor), only to ultimately get killed by either the military or a disk trap.  (Forgot which I used, but dang are goblins resilient to take about 7 levels of fall damage into spikes to boot, and the little snots lived!)
[Mind you, the goblins survived the fall AND the 10 spikes they fell upon, but not with good health.  They STILL tried to get at my dwarves before getting a taste of cold metal.  No Adamantine yet though...  wanted to make sure the trog swarms wouldn't get by my trap systems for the mine shaft.]

EpeeGnome

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TLDR:APPALLING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 01, 2012, 10:37:28 pm »

It looks like Koi are jumping into his mouth, but the tape is being played backward.

WHY ARE YOU ALL MESSING WITH MY MIND!!!!!!!!!111?28,

Thanks a lot, that's all I can see in that picture now.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 02, 2012, 03:17:52 am »

It's a Goomba, within a person, within a Goomba.  Being tormented by adventurers.

This is more mind-bending than Inception!!!

Don't forget the goomba is actually robotic and is controlled by a dwarf.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 02, 2012, 03:38:31 am »

I am currently testing methods of toughening up dwarfs by dropping a ton of small items on them.

My latest test resulted in 16 pages of berry seeds bouncing off my dwarf's bronze armor, giving him minor stat boosts.  I imagine that when the training is done and he's an "Almost Unbreakable" legendary armor user, he'll laugh at a goblin attempting to stab him.

"Pah! You call that an attack?  I just spent the last year getting 5 tons of agricultural byproducts dumped on me!"
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 02, 2012, 05:02:41 pm »

I've been playing a fort on 31.25 for a while now (over a year, intermittently) and liked the idea of starting a royal family of sorts for my king dwarf. Unfortunately his lover died in a collapse several years earlier and despite my attempts at getting him to get friendly with other lady dwarves it never gets past the "friend" phase on the relationship screen. I'm not sure if this is just because dwarves are incredibly devoted monogamous beings who only ever have one lover or if my king is just a schmuck who keeps getting friend-zoned. But on this point I was dead-set on the idea of a grand royal lineage, so to get him laid I resorted to necromancy.

I tried using Runesmith to change the flags on his lover's corpse to get the game to recognize them as being "alive", problem is the dwarf in question was a partial skeleton in a tomb at this point, so when she revived, on the Wounds screen it showed every single one of her body parts as "missing" and she stood there as a skeleton with no limbs complaining that she was too injured to pick up her mining equipment. Pretty horrifying, really.

Is there a way around this?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 02, 2012, 05:11:02 pm »

Just had an epic moment.

So, a Snatcher snatches a baby out of one of my hunter's hands. Easy 10 tiles to the map edge, and he makes it halfway, but she shoots him in the lungs to stop him. I set my squads at the snatcher, seeing it has a baby. A nearby marksdwarf helps her by beating the snatcher repeatedly, while the mother makes him pay.

She shoots him in his lungs first, then all his limbs and his head. She (and another close marksdwarf) then proceed to further tear up his right lung with shots, and finally she shoots him in the head for a killshot.

Now she's scooped up her child and has restored duties like nothing happened.

Urist McMomOfTheYear
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 05:18:04 pm by Ki11aGhost »

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 02, 2012, 08:20:41 pm »

Okay, so, I recently started a fortress in an Evil biome. Now, this biome, instead of skeletons all over the place, has nefarious soot clouds that drift by every once and a while- you know, the ones that make almost un-killable husks?

During the first year, half of the first migrant wave and all of the second were either wiped out by a soot cloud, or by the zombies they make. I had to seal myself inside, dig out long winding tunnels, and make a system of doors and floodgates to seal them in the tunnels so I can go back outside and get much needed wood.

I unseal the entrance, and send out my woodcutter. A mason also drifts past, followed by her dozen of war dogs she trained. I cut down a few trees, and some time later, get an announcement saying that she gave birth. I zoom to her, and find that she's sleeping on the edge of the map.

I also find that half her pack of war dogs got turned into soot zombies and are attacking the other half while she sleeps, but that's not the interesting part. I see that one dog is hanging around her rather than the fight raging a few squares away, then I notice an arm flying away and blood spurting onto the ground. Curiosity piqued, I check her for wounds, after finding none, I check her baby.

Her baby lost the arm, and is also a soot zombie.

The dog keeps attacking the baby, ripping off both arms and legs, until the mother wakes up. She sees the fight raging just a few feet away, then runs- taking the baby with her. The war dog follows, determined to make the zombie baby into a snack. Once far enough away, she makes a run for my fortress. Out of curiosity, I don't seal her out.  She walks into the fortress, the dog still running after her.

Nobody notices the zombie baby flailing around her bloody stumps besides the dog, and the Elf Caravan. So now, I have a zombie baby with just a head, upper and lower body, Elves that run away whenever my mason gets close to them, and a war dog determined to do its job.

I'm thinking of making it my first mascot.
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 02, 2012, 10:16:02 pm »

In my last fort, I have mr.Urist Mcbrokenleg who sleep uselessly in hospital for year deu to leg injury.

One day, he had been taken by mood and miraclely stand up. Then he rush to claim the workshop and creat artifact armor.

After that he walk back to the hospital , sleep in the same bed and never wake up since then.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 02, 2012, 10:18:34 pm »

a trained war cave crab beating a troglodyte sensless. Oh how I wish it had used the trog's thumb as a blunt object instead of just severaing it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 03, 2012, 08:46:54 am »

Okay, so, I recently started a fortress in an Evil biome. Now, this biome, instead of skeletons all over the place, has nefarious soot clouds that drift by every once and a while- you know, the ones that make almost un-killable husks?

During the first year, half of the first migrant wave and all of the second were either wiped out by a soot cloud, or by the zombies they make. I had to seal myself inside, dig out long winding tunnels, and make a system of doors and floodgates to seal them in the tunnels so I can go back outside and get much needed wood.

I unseal the entrance, and send out my woodcutter. A mason also drifts past, followed by her dozen of war dogs she trained. I cut down a few trees, and some time later, get an announcement saying that she gave birth. I zoom to her, and find that she's sleeping on the edge of the map.

I also find that half her pack of war dogs got turned into soot zombies and are attacking the other half while she sleeps, but that's not the interesting part. I see that one dog is hanging around her rather than the fight raging a few squares away, then I notice an arm flying away and blood spurting onto the ground. Curiosity piqued, I check her for wounds, after finding none, I check her baby.

Her baby lost the arm, and is also a soot zombie.

The dog keeps attacking the baby, ripping off both arms and legs, until the mother wakes up. She sees the fight raging just a few feet away, then runs- taking the baby with her. The war dog follows, determined to make the zombie baby into a snack. Once far enough away, she makes a run for my fortress. Out of curiosity, I don't seal her out.  She walks into the fortress, the dog still running after her.

Nobody notices the zombie baby flailing around her bloody stumps besides the dog, and the Elf Caravan. So now, I have a zombie baby with just a head, upper and lower body, Elves that run away whenever my mason gets close to them, and a war dog determined to do its job.

I'm thinking of making it my first mascot.

Do post what happens.  Does babez ever grow up?  Can you stop dog for !!SCIENCE!!?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 03, 2012, 10:48:09 am »

Here's everything I managed to draw before Crashing into Slumber.
Was doing a quest in Adventurer mode the other day, so I went in the Dungeons for the first time. I started looking around in chests and bags and stuff, and I found a shitton of low boots. Like, a lot of low boots. Like "Oh my god that's a lot of low boots."

Suggested scenes: Why cant I hold all these -low boots-? or -Low Boots-. -Low Boots- Everywhere.

Also, while I was in there killing the Quest Target, I got injured, and was unable to stand. This, however, did not stop me from decapitating him by throwing a bag of low boots at him.

Feel free to draw these as one or two pics. Your thread.
Every time someone suggests a specific scene, I don't draw it just because I WAS BORN TO BE WILD. (Well, actually, the most fun part of this is making my own interpretations of the stuff that gets posted and you're taking it away from me ;_;)
stop crimping mah style u gaiz

So I embarked so that I had two islands separated by ocean. My starting caravan arrives on one island. First migrants arrive on the other.

Welp.
I'm sorry but this is too mundane to draw
The real solutions is to build a swimming hole for them to train in, until they can swim to the fortress side.  Hope its a good ocean.

Also want to take this opertunity to say I wish dorfs could freeze to death from exposure.

With a recent fortress I'm developing (and somehow incurring a loss on food), I've developed a fairly sadistic execution for the unfortunate creatures that dare attempt to besiege the fort unintentionally.  (Wanted to outright kill the gobbos, and I apparently was one z-level off.)  I wouldn't be surprised if you made an image of the unfortunate goblins being dumped into the spike pit (Made with wood spikes due to not wanting to clutter the forge for armor), only to ultimately get killed by either the military or a disk trap.  (Forgot which I used, but dang are goblins resilient to take about 7 levels of fall damage into spikes to boot, and the little snots lived!)
[Mind you, the goblins survived the fall AND the 10 spikes they fell upon, but not with good health.  They STILL tried to get at my dwarves before getting a taste of cold metal.  No Adamantine yet though...  wanted to make sure the trog swarms wouldn't get by my trap systems for the mine shaft.]

I am currently testing methods of toughening up dwarfs by dropping a ton of small items on them.

My latest test resulted in 16 pages of berry seeds bouncing off my dwarf's bronze armor, giving him minor stat boosts.  I imagine that when the training is done and he's an "Almost Unbreakable" legendary armor user, he'll laugh at a goblin attempting to stab him.

"Pah! You call that an attack?  I just spent the last year getting 5 tons of agricultural byproducts dumped on me!"

And... that was all before I fell asleep.
My wooden badge was delicious.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #598 on: October 03, 2012, 11:10:38 am »

Go to happy place... Filled with corpses...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 03, 2012, 03:17:05 pm »

So, Barring ice or swelting melting of fat...  no exposure deaths?  I meant hypothermia or heat exhaustion.  In my adventures or days as overseer I've yet to see a dorf die from the elements...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 84