Yes
- 156 (42.6%)
No
- 17 (4.6%)
I have no opinion and prefer to select the zany "other" option on forum polls
- 193 (52.7%)

Total Members Voted: 364

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 84

Author Topic: I badly draw your reports!  (Read 328227 times)

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I badly draw your reports!
« Reply #300 on: September 05, 2012, 08:21:36 am »

Reminds me of a post someone had of his noble, who belonged to a caste system that he'd been fiddling with.  The Queen liked gems, but absolutely detested dwarves, dwarves and DWARVES!!!!

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 05, 2012, 10:04:58 am »

tl;dr - Yak slaughtered my army, and then proceeded to regurgitate on them.

This reminds me of the old .40 days where it seemed that cave adaptation made dorfs a whole lot more nauseous and pain made enemies barf much more easily.

I had a goblin siege with maybe four or five squads against my single squad of Legendary warriors.  They spent more time barfing than fighting.  The combat logs looked something like:

The dwarf Axelord vomits!
The dwarf Axelord hits the goblin in the arm with his Steel Battleaxe, severing the part.
The goblin vomits!
The goblin vomits!

By the end of the battle, the goblins were dead and the whole battlefield was covered in barf and blood. 
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 05, 2012, 10:10:15 am »

This reminds me of the old .40 days where it seemed that cave adaptation made dorfs a whole lot more nauseous and pain made enemies barf much more easily.

I had a goblin siege with maybe four or five squads against my single squad of Legendary warriors.  They spent more time barfing than fighting.  The combat logs looked something like:

The dwarf Axelord hits the goblin in the arm with his Steel Battleaxe, severing the part.
The goblin vomits!
The goblin vomits!

By the end of the battle, the goblins were dead and the whole battlefield was covered in barf and blood.
Volume consumed approx 1 gallon
Volume of vomit priceless.

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 05, 2012, 10:34:04 pm »

Just got this report of two of my guys versus and Ibex. Intermediate wrestler and some marksdwarf I'm trying to wep spec.

Basically, the marksdwarf bit the Ibex on the head and shook it around, while the wrestler hit it in the teeth, and the severed part sailed off in an arch. A bit more shaking, and a falcon punch to the brain and it was over.

So now I have like 20 teeth scattered in a half circle surrounding an Ibex corpse right on my doorstep.

EDIT: My marksdwarf vomited all over the Ibex right about the time the teeth went flying btw. xD

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 05, 2012, 10:37:22 pm »

Just got this report of two of my guys versus and Ibex. Intermediate wrestler and some marksdwarf I'm trying to wep spec.

Basically, the marksdwarf bit the Ibex on the head and shook it around, while the wrestler hit it in the teeth, and the severed part sailed off in an arch. A bit more shaking, and a falcon punch to the brain and it was over.

So now I have like 20 teeth scattered in a half circle surrounding an Ibex corpse right on my doorstep.

EDIT: My marksdwarf vomited all over the Ibex right about the time the teeth went flying btw. xD

A dwarf managed to bite one of these on the head and shake it around ....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The mind boggles.  I love Dwarf Fortress' ridiculosity factor so very much.
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 05, 2012, 10:42:21 pm »

The mind boggles.  I love Dwarf Fortress' awesome factor so very much.
Fixed that for you.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 05, 2012, 10:48:25 pm »

The mind boggles.  I love Dwarf Fortress' awesome ridiculousness and ridiculous awesomeness factor so very much.
Fixed that for you.

Edited that for you.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 05, 2012, 10:57:25 pm »

Thank you, thank you. Knew something was missing.
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 05, 2012, 11:42:05 pm »

The mind boggles.  I love Dwarf Fortress' ridiculosity factor so very much.

Well, they do have those nifty handles there...
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

PainRack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 06, 2012, 01:00:43 am »

I just had a Forgotten Beast made of steam show up in the caverns. My dwarves dispatched it rather easily of course, but then decided they should dump the leftover piles of steam on the surface. They had no problem with that, which confuses me, but I'm sure you can figure out how it looks...

How the hell do you dump steam... That makes no sense! AAAAUGH!

Ok, I'm done now.
The way DF handles contaminants can be.... interesting. I once dug out an access point in the frozen sea. When it melted, there was water contaminant on the ocean floor, and a layer of salt pile one z layer above.

I also had no idea how it happened, but I once had my dwarf contaminated with salt.... bringing salt encrusted water to feed to my injured dwarf.

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 06, 2012, 02:27:06 pm »

The goblin vomits!
The goblin vomits!

I'm a terrible person, but I immediately thought of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eYSpIz2FjU

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 06, 2012, 02:28:45 pm »

Goblin attempts kidnapping.

Kills kid and knocks him down 4 z-levels.

Runs like hell as the victim's angry mother starts firing at him with her crossbow.

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 06, 2012, 04:22:05 pm »

« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 05:22:43 pm by Ki11aGhost »

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 06, 2012, 05:20:01 pm »

I'm a terrible person, but I immediately thought of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eYSpIz2FjU
Watching that video reminded me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3VU_Q6WonQ
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 06, 2012, 05:46:38 pm »

The goblin vomits!
The goblin vomits!

Seeing that OP didn't draw yours yet, I did. Here you go :)
UPLOADING IMAGE
DONE! Here ya go! :)

You should start a thread called "I draw your reports like a four year old on acid!"
Seriously, dude.... what the fuck.
I think it was clearly labeled in the title.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 84