Yes
- 156 (42.6%)
No
- 17 (4.6%)
I have no opinion and prefer to select the zany "other" option on forum polls
- 193 (52.7%)

Total Members Voted: 364

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 84

Author Topic: I badly draw your reports!  (Read 327813 times)

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
Re: I badly draw your reports!
« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2012, 07:04:25 pm »

That reminded me of an old one: Literally less than five minutes after embark, a goddamn alligator out of nowhere tore off my miner's left hand, right lower arm and left cheek. He was still "quite content" afterwards, but kept failing to pick up his equipment due to not having any hands left... I think it said something about "minor injuries" (!) in his Thoughts section.

A crundle bit my macedorf sergeant's ear off. She then proceeded to bite off the crundle's head. Anyone else curious as to what the hell a crundle looks like? And for reference/hits and giggles, she goes maces akimbo.

The horns are chewy
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry for the thread-hijack
Just drew up some crundles for my forum game and had to portray this  ;D

edit: damn it was a SHE
oh well, they both have beards, right?

How about this?
This:
I get the image that she kicked him in the face after wall-running up his body, using her grip on the weapons as an axle of sorts. XD
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 07:06:18 pm by GoombaGeek »
My wooden badge was delicious.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2012, 01:29:22 am »

Just found a "coyote left eye tooth" in my workshop floor upon reclaiming my volcano fort.
... wat?

Coyote had teeth in his eyes. HIS EYES HAD TEETH!
I can only imagine some sort of unimaginably horrifying Eldritch Abomination that this tooth belonged to.

Contents: two blood spatter
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 01:36:47 am by RabblerouserGT »

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2012, 03:32:35 am »

That reminded me of an old one: Literally less than five minutes after embark, a goddamn alligator out of nowhere tore off my miner's left hand, right lower arm and left cheek. He was still "quite content" afterwards, but kept failing to pick up his equipment due to not having any hands left... I think it said something about "minor injuries" (!) in his Thoughts section.

He kind of looks like Darkman, doesn't he? Coolness. 8)
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 14, 2012, 08:09:46 am »

Just found a "coyote left eye tooth" in my workshop floor upon reclaiming my volcano fort.
... wat?

I can only imagine some sort of unimaginably horrifying Eldritch Abomination that this tooth belonged to.

See, I knew this one, and teeth laying on the ground aren't funny enough to draw.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #125 on: August 14, 2012, 08:24:30 am »

... wat?

I've lost count of how many people were so lazy that they couldn't even do a Google search for "eye tooth" and instead posted either in the forums or on the bug tracker thinking that something was wrong with the game. Seriously, people...
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2012, 08:31:56 am »

Ok, I'm too lazy to read through them all, but I'd assume that "grabbed the goblin's left lower back tooth with his upper right arm" has already been done... If not, well, can you try to draw it ;)

One that I think would look pretty cool... My legendary miner was working around the top of a magma pipe, when a magma crab decided to take a shot with his molten rock. The miner, being the legendary dwarven ninja miner he is, dodged the flying molten rock..... That's all I saw in the reports, and he no longer lives, and there is no body to be found... Although around that same time I discovered a magma sea, so I'm assuming that he took a trip to the bottom, and somehow lived long enough to make it to the bottom...

I kinda see it like "ha, dodged it" as he's diving straight into a lava pit
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 14, 2012, 01:54:24 pm »

Ok, I'm too lazy to read through them all, but I'd assume that "grabbed the goblin's left lower back tooth with his upper right arm" has already been done... If not, well, can you try to draw it ;)

One that I think would look pretty cool... My legendary miner was working around the top of a magma pipe, when a magma crab decided to take a shot with his molten rock. The miner, being the legendary dwarven ninja miner he is, dodged the flying molten rock..... That's all I saw in the reports, and he no longer lives, and there is no body to be found... Although around that same time I discovered a magma sea, so I'm assuming that he took a trip to the bottom, and somehow lived long enough to make it to the bottom...

I kinda see it like "ha, dodged it" as he's diving straight into a lava pit
When I get home.

I think he's still living in the lava, his soul held together by sheer will and watching over the magma sea for the sake of dwarfkind.

Boozebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2012, 02:13:38 pm »

... wat?

An eye tooth is another term for the canine teeth of your upper jaw. (Mainly because it is located directly under your eyes.)

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 14, 2012, 04:05:59 pm »

Can we get a drawing of the "Waterfall Jumping" bug feature that was fixed ?

Urist has been comforted by a lovely waterfall recently.
Urist has sustained severe injuries recently.
Urist has seen a lovely mist recently.

Urist, Waterfall Adventurer, has been found dead. Died of bliss

Kastrol Aslaasri

• Bay Watcher
  • Endut! Hoch Hech!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 14, 2012, 05:04:58 pm »

Not mine, but this one is a classic.

She was also sad that her father's corpse was rotting in his bedroom, but that's a minor inconvenience.
I love this game so much.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 14, 2012, 05:49:00 pm »

Another one I have happened during the same siege. A goblin master lasher goes on my weapon trap, gets one of his legs chopped off, dodges off, goes back on, gets his other leg chopped off, dodges off, with no legs now, he goes on it AGAIN, and gets his lower body chopped off. He somehow manages to dodge off as half a man, and, in one last effor to get through the trap, the crawls into it as half a man. And dies.

Bisection is instant death. They don't even get another turn. It's possible though that all of this happened at once, before the trap was finished cutting and he registered as dead.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 14, 2012, 06:50:35 pm »

zuglar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2012, 07:56:55 am »

Urist McIdiot is painfully carrying (not guiding) up 50 z-levels of stairs a wheelbarrow with a chunk of hematite inside.

Job description:

Wheelbarrow's description:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 84