Yes
- 156 (42.6%)
No
- 17 (4.6%)
I have no opinion and prefer to select the zany "other" option on forum polls
- 193 (52.7%)

Total Members Voted: 364

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 84

Author Topic: I badly draw your reports!  (Read 333513 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: I badly draw your reports!
« Reply #885 on: November 25, 2012, 06:17:56 pm »

Aw, he's adorable!

And bald...

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: November 25, 2012, 06:57:19 pm »

(image)

And now you know.

Can I have some of your imagination for Christmas?
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: November 25, 2012, 07:01:55 pm »

(image)

And now you know.

Can I have some of your imagination for Christmas?

sorry, you get bitumous coal like the rest of us.
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: November 27, 2012, 08:22:45 pm »

Did you ever draw this epic report ?!?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=56935.0
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 08:37:28 pm by Nokao »

Aviator CJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: November 28, 2012, 07:15:58 am »

I just had a were-camel show up in the middle of a goblin siege. The were-camel appeared near to a group of trolls, and promptly attacked them. Thinking 'this will be fun' I kept checking the combat logs. Imagine my shock and delight when I see that the first troll attacked by striking with his glove!

I couldn't help but picture that as the troll glove-slapping the were-camel then challenging it to a duel, then I thought of this thread.
!!Science!!: Knowledge through magma

There's safe. Then there's unsafe. And then there's the average dwarf fort, which remains unrated because the OSHA inspector flatly refused to go anywhere within a dozen miles of the place.

DungeonJerk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: November 28, 2012, 07:57:09 am »

Oh god, I forgot what XP Paint was like. At least it has the 16 Colours of the ASCII Backwards Hipster Rainbow built right in.
Drakes are like ducks, you know.

Not in this case.  The person was using a mod.  Note the part where he said, "I'm playing Masterwork where a Drake is a small dragon like lizard thing."
Oh, whoops.

Not exactly a report, but recently a webber titan attacked my dwarves and spammed webs until they died of dehydration.

I haven't actually played DF in a long while, but I still love the forums.  Here is something insane that happened to me a while ago...

I had a child break both his hands somehow.  This was back in the days when clothes wore out faster than a hooker on nickel night.  Anyway, with both of his hands broken and in casts, he found himself naked after a few months and started going berzerk.  He just hung around in the dining hall, attacking the nobles until somebody would knock him unconscious.  Nobody put any clothes on him.  They finally killed him, IIRC, but not until they had knocked him out and left him naked in the dining hall with his broken hands several times.

Dorfs are real jerks sometimes.

I had my oldest adventurer die a death worthy of him: he died of old age while falling off a cliff.

I haven't actually read that for the last two years so I probably messed something up.
While I don't have the reports on hand, these come from my one friend.

His one fortress had an epic animal revolution, which ended with the chickens dragging off the chef into the forest and pecking him to death. Guess he was on the menu.

In another fortress the same friend had, a crazed starving dwarf picked up a rock and bashed it through the head of another dwarf. The dying dwarf then collapsed on top of him, killing his killer.

I remember when a goblin snatcher got past my hallway of traps and nabbed a kid who had just left the hallway. Luckily the kid's father was right there and saw the snatcher, so he ran straight back into my hall of traps. However instead of the traps killing the goblin, the stone fall traps fell on the child, which then broke the child's skull and killed her.

The goblin evaded the two next traps before getting eviscerated by a giant corkscrew. Oh and the father got unhappy enough that I had to lock in his bedroom after he went berserk. He eventually died of thirst.

Epic thread :D

It's a little out topic, but this comic is the reason why I discovered Dwarf Fortress:
http://www.thenoobcomic.com/index.php?pos=410

It's a satiric comic about Ultima Online.

Some of the interperations for the drawings are hilarious.

Here is my notable scenario.  I was attempting my first 'dwarf wash'.  It consisted of making a continual stream of water and I had it flow down 15-20 z-levels of spiral stairs that I had leading into the caves.  The sheer volume of water flowing was a bit miscalculated and dwarfs that were on the stairs got washed all the way back down into the caves.  They were unable to get back up the stairs until I turned the water off.  The caves partially flooded too.

on a roap
I always drain my water-related projects into the caves. The best-case scenario is that an Adequate Swimmer manages to fend off a drowning GCS, maintaining his footing atop previous waves of Novice Swimmers.
A dwarven child arranged a party at a table that was in the middle of a dining room full of miasma, corpses, ghosts, and occasional zombies. The expedition leader "attended the party" whilst being haunted by 3 ghosts simultaneously. Then a zombie woodcutter barged in and interrupted the "party", eventually finishing off the fort's last sane dwarves.

Donkeys and dwarves don't seem to like each other when they've been locked in the same room for a while with approximately 6 billion cats.

Masterwork is pretty odd...

A human fortress made entirely out of hornblende. That's a lot of uranium.

stupid radon
> Gartheo the Forgetten Beast, towering emicated quadraped made of flame with wings.

> Killed in one shot to the head by 'Oneshot' my Elite Marksman

> Explosion burns him to death, sadly.

I thought only pitchblende had the uranium.
That's correct. Easy to mix up, though.
I wonder if pitchblende in high concentrations would cause health issues. I would certainly like some mutation interactions in Dwarf Fortress.

I think Toady would rather add more diabolical health risks than superpowers, but maybe that's just me.
Still, imagine building a uranium block-crusher that spreads radioactive dust everywhere and gives all the goblins cancer.
This. Just. This.

Giant Jumping Spiders are crazy scary. Blue is damage to the GJS, red is damage by the GJS.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quick summary, as the dwarf caravan began to leave, a GJS appeared and got shot at by the caravan marksdwarf and then fled, pursued by the caravans lasher. It stumbled upon my Carpenter, and barely paused long enough to tear off his hands and feet before leaving him to die. Again it ran from the lasher but he caught up and gave it a couple of thwacks to the legs for the cost of his own foot. The GJS then decided he didn't want to risk any more of his legs and fled off the the map and the lasher then did the same, only he crawled.

I stopped trying after the third eye ;_;

Also, I forgot what browsing without AdBlock was like.

Can you click that link before the ad uses its ancient time runes to destroy all temporal continuity?!

Can you guess what about this image makes you a terrible, terrible human being?

Lol, that's funny. Thanks GoombaGeek.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: November 28, 2012, 08:12:55 am »

No need to quote the whole post.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: November 28, 2012, 12:48:47 pm »

Yeah, that was excessive.

reality.auditor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: November 28, 2012, 01:54:11 pm »

With your [ETHIC:SCREW_FORUM_LIMITS:ACCEPTABLE] it should not been problem... :P
Are weapons like the least lethal thing in DF?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: November 28, 2012, 02:00:01 pm »

The gift so nice you get it twice :)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: November 28, 2012, 02:11:06 pm »

With your [ETHIC:SCREW_FORUM_LIMITS:ACCEPTABLE] it should not been problem... :P

Limits, not etiquette ;p

DungeonJerk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: November 29, 2012, 08:12:56 am »

No need to quote the whole post.

Eh, yeah. Guess so, but, I didn't have the time or patience to edit it down. Sorry.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: November 29, 2012, 03:26:42 pm »

-snip-

-snip-
You could have just done this. Or just not quoted anything in general and people would still understand.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: November 29, 2012, 04:45:57 pm »

One of my fishermen punched a hornet FB that had stung several people (which nearly instantly rotted them with poison) and killed it, then proceeded to go back to fishing like nothing happened.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: November 29, 2012, 10:24:21 pm »

I just now realized nobody mentioned the ballista-men whenever they see their target run away in order to see the badly drawn picture.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 84