Yes
- 156 (42.6%)
No
- 17 (4.6%)
I have no opinion and prefer to select the zany "other" option on forum polls
- 193 (52.7%)

Total Members Voted: 364

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 84

Author Topic: I badly draw your reports!  (Read 333795 times)

4533josh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I badly draw your reports!
« Reply #735 on: October 28, 2012, 12:54:48 pm »

Well, Fraps is being stupid and refusing to screenshot

whats wrong with pressing the screenshot button, opening paint, pasting the screenshot, then saving screenshot?

Sad times are happening for this thread, i get tonnes of weird animal attacks including a giant cave spider biting my legendary swordsdwarf in the head but deflected by helm for about 14 pages, but even that's been done :/.

Nothing, except I'm on a laptop, and the print screen is shared with another button and nothing in the docs tells me how to use print screen instead of end :P
Try holding shift or fn while pressing it.

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: October 28, 2012, 01:43:34 pm »

So, silver is the very best thing for blunt weapons, eh?

The Human Hammerman bashes The Goblin Crossbowman in the right lower leg with her ({silver maul}), bruising the muscle through the ({troll fur trousers})!
The Human Hammerman bashes The Goblin Crossbowman in the left lower arm with her ({silver maul}), bruising the fat through the ({reindeer leather cloak})!
The Human Hammerman bashes The Goblin Crossbowman in the lower body with her ({silver maul}), but the attack glances away!
The Human Hammerman bashes The Goblin Crossbowman in the left lower arm with her ({silver maul}), bruising the muscle through the ({reindeer leather cloak})!
The Human Hammerman bashes The Goblin Crossbowman in the left hand with her ({silver maul}), bruising the fat through the ({cave spider silk left glove})!
The Human Hammerman bashes The Goblin Crossbowman in the head with her ({silver maul}), bruising the skin through the ({giant cave spider silk hood})!
The Human Hammerman punches The Goblin Crossbowman in the left lower leg with her left hand and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Makes you wonder why she's carrying that hammer around.
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: October 28, 2012, 02:50:13 pm »

I've found that mauls kinda suck. I'm playing lofr, and even the superheavy mauls don't smash in skulls half the time. Contact area seems to be everything for blunt weapons. Could you do a rendition of this? It makes me laugh more than it should, if only because of how long I spent setting everything up.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 03:11:38 pm by katana »
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

katana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: October 28, 2012, 03:10:48 pm »

edit: doublepost?
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 28, 2012, 05:09:24 pm »

I killed somebody while sneaking by throwing snow at them.

As temperatures above 0 (32 for you Yanks) already fade into distant memory, it will get progressively more difficult for me to recall and draw non-arctic scenes. By February, expect me to forget what colour grass is.
In my latest fortress the first Goblin ambush had them wander across the map towards my entrance, losing half their number to various cage traps along the way, they almost get to the entrance only to meet the dwarf caravan that was also on the way in.  A flurry of bolts from the caravan's guards had one of the goblins decide he'd had enough and after spending a good 5 minutes passing out and vomiting he picked himself up and headed for the edge of the map while his companions proceeded on to the entrance and got finished off by the traps there.  Out of curiosity I v'd him to see what his injuries were and was rather amused to note, among various others, that he'd been injured in both his groin and butt.  Checking the combat report revealed that nothing was shot off though, just muscle bruises.

Little Timmyxüstrab did something bad when he thought his parents weren't looking!
By bolt, plow or hook...

I know this bolt has been fired by four Dwarves already.
First by Urist Likot Lion (twice), second by Urist Uvash Thunen, third by R. Risen and then by Baron Urist Muthkat. It is now in the quiver of Baron Urist Muthkat.
Dwarves sure know how to make things last. The little bolt that could. Kill everything.
Unfortunately, this one started making a story in my mind. One image could not fit it.

I guess if there's someone who deserves a seven-part non-epic, it's you. Congratulations!

okay
the armor is doofy
but just use your IMAGINATION

SO I figured for the fun of it I'd share the death of an elf.

He disassembled a stairwell I had put up to build a roof, and wound up falling down a whole flight of stairs and killed by the log the stairs were made from.

GO ARMLESS JETPACK DEMON
FLY
WITH THE JETPACK
I SWEAR DEMONS THESE DAYS
Well, Fraps is being stupid and refusing to screenshot, but basically I had a Were-mammoth show up, accompanied by some random human.  The two fought each other, and the human managed to bite its eyelid off before the Were-mammoth picked him up by his chicken leather skirt and crushed his skull with his teeth.  Once the human was dead, the Were-mammoth shifted back to human form and ran away.

The Recruit punches the Recruit in the tongue with his right hand, lightly tapping the target!

"I knew it I should've brought pig tails instead ;_;"

TN: kawaii means cute
The militia commander bashes the Ogre's head with his (+ Steel War Hammer +), smashing the spine and damaging the nervous tissue!
The militia commander bashes the Ogre's left lower leg with his (+ Steel War Hammer +) smashing the bone!
The militia commander bashes the Ogre's left foot with his (+ Steel War Hammer +) smashing the bone!
The militia commander bashes the Ogre's left upper leg with his (+ Steel War Hammer +) smashing the bone!
The militia commander bashes the Ogre's right foot with his (+ Steel War Hammer +) smashing the bone!
The militia commander bashes the Ogre's right lower leg with his (+ Steel War Hammer +) smashing the bone!
The militia commander bashes the Ogre's right upper leg with his (+ Steel War Hammer +) smashing the bone!

#################################################################################################
Pretty much sat there torturing the ogre, left to go get a drink, then came back and began to work the upper body
#################################################################################################

The militia commander bashes the Ogre's lower body with his (+ Steel War Hammer +) bruising the guts!
The militia commander bashes the Ogre's upper body with his (+ Steel War Hammer +) smashing the kidney!
Urist McBuzzkill stabs the Ogre's head with his (+ Bizmuth Bronze short sword +), smashing the bone and tearing the brain!

#####
This happened about 30m ago, but no screenies D:

She walk to the soap stockpile, to pick up soap, then takes 3 steps towards the well. Only to find out, she did not pick up soap at the stockpile, because both her hands are broken and in casts
i'm gay!
Well, I'm very proud of you, coming out so easily.

dat sope
So, silver is the very best thing for blunt weapons, eh?

The Human Hammerman bashes The Goblin Crossbowman in the right lower leg with her ({silver maul}), bruising the muscle through the ({troll fur trousers})!
The Human Hammerman bashes The Goblin Crossbowman in the left lower arm with her ({silver maul}), bruising the fat through the ({reindeer leather cloak})!
The Human Hammerman bashes The Goblin Crossbowman in the lower body with her ({silver maul}), but the attack glances away!
The Human Hammerman bashes The Goblin Crossbowman in the left lower arm with her ({silver maul}), bruising the muscle through the ({reindeer leather cloak})!
The Human Hammerman bashes The Goblin Crossbowman in the left hand with her ({silver maul}), bruising the fat through the ({cave spider silk left glove})!
The Human Hammerman bashes The Goblin Crossbowman in the head with her ({silver maul}), bruising the skin through the ({giant cave spider silk hood})!
The Human Hammerman punches The Goblin Crossbowman in the left lower leg with her left hand and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Makes you wonder why she's carrying that hammer around.

The third arm I've ever drawn. (To get your arm drawn with definition, you must be able to lift over 200 Urists with it)
I've found that mauls kinda suck. I'm playing lofr, and even the superheavy mauls don't smash in skulls half the time. Contact area seems to be everything for blunt weapons. Could you do a rendition of this? It makes me laugh more than it should, if only because of how long I spent setting everything up.
I don't get what happened, evil weather? Did it affect anyone?? Was it just too cold??? Are these question marks following a linear pattern???? It is a mystery.

ALSO I'M 10 PAGES LATE
Oh No, Not 10 More Pages of Badness
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 05:12:13 pm by GoombaGeek »
My wooden badge was delicious.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #740 on: October 28, 2012, 06:41:41 pm »

IT'S EVERYTHING I IMAGINED AND MORE

I CRY MANLY TEARS OF STEEL

TEARS IN THE FABRIC OF THE UNIVERSE

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: October 29, 2012, 10:22:16 am »

Code: [Select]
The live green tree frog strikes The Stray Kitten in the lower body, bruising the muscle and shattering the lower spine's bone!
The Stray Kitten slams into an obstacle!
The Stray Kitten's left rear leg takes the full force of the impact, bruising the bone!
The Stray Kitten's upper body takes the full force of the impact, bruising the muscle and shattering the middle spine's bone!
The Stray Kitten's left eye tooth takes the full force of the impact and the severed part sails off in an arc!
The Stray Kitten's right front leg takes the full force of the impact, bruising the bone!
The Stray Kitten's lower body takes the full force of the impact, bruising the muscle and bruising the left kidney!
The Stray Kitten's left front leg takes the full force of the impact, bruising the bone!
The Stray Kitten's fourth left front toe takes the full force of the impact, shattering the claw!

That's right, frog attack.  This damn cat has been crawling around my fort on it's front two paws because of the severed spine for the last 5 years.  I've named him "Lucky".

Later that week:
Code: [Select]
The live green tree frog strikes The Woodcutter in the head, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
The Woodcutter has been knocked unconscious!
Tun Lelumdod¢k, Woodcutter has been killed by a flying object.

DUN DUN DUN!  "Frog 2 - The Froginating"

katana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: October 29, 2012, 10:59:07 am »

They spent ages preparing for their expedition. The moment they get there, snow syndrome paralyzes and suffocated them all to death. At the same time.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: October 29, 2012, 12:29:25 pm »

I still don't know who originally posted this, but it's still my all-time favorite injury:

I tore out a mans skull. Strangely, he survived. I went on my merry way, certain he wouldn't survive LOSING HIS SKULL.

He did. I found him some time later, with a "Massive round scar" on his head. And no skull.

NO SKULL.

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: October 30, 2012, 06:00:41 am »

I have to update this.  It's year 7.

There's been a tantrum spiral and 90% of the everything in the fort died.  But "Lucky" the two-legged cat is still around, and he just adopted a dying kid with one leg in the hospital.

I sense a Disney channel movie coming on. 

Edit:  Holy crap, the plucky youngster pulled through with the healing power of LOVE!
Screenie:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 07:21:21 am by kingubu »

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: October 30, 2012, 07:22:04 am »

It's already in production.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: October 30, 2012, 04:55:22 pm »

Why do I have flying lungfish on my map?

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: October 30, 2012, 05:00:55 pm »

Well, that's a perfectly good question.  It could be that something in the raws has a mi....
OBEY LUNGFISH!!!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: October 30, 2012, 06:06:02 pm »

Why do I have flying lungfish on my map?

It's obviously flying by expelling air from it's lungs to keep it aloft. Thus, lungfish.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: October 30, 2012, 07:38:49 pm »

My wooden badge was delicious.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 84