Yes
- 156 (42.6%)
No
- 17 (4.6%)
I have no opinion and prefer to select the zany "other" option on forum polls
- 193 (52.7%)

Total Members Voted: 364

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 84

Author Topic: I badly draw your reports!  (Read 328416 times)

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
Re: I badly draw your reports!
« Reply #375 on: September 15, 2012, 11:39:23 am »

Draw this:

I've managed to get to a were-beast attack in time twice so far.  Both times I "won" because the beast turned back into an elf or human and tried to run away.

In two other cases I didn't need to because the "monster" was fleeing off the map when it was discovered.

My favorite, however, was the were moose that dived into the river to attack a passing carp, turned back into a naked human, and then drown before he could get back out of the river.  I'm not sure, but I believe he walked onto the map as a human, transformed, then suicided into the river.
I ended up forgetting this in the last post because you posted it while I was still typing.

I also thought I would submit my own interesting happenstance:

And create a rarely-seen 512x256 picture (everything else in this thread is exactly 256x256 so there's no bias):
My wooden badge was delicious.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 15, 2012, 03:25:42 pm »

And create a rarely-seen 512x256 picture (everything else in this thread is exactly 256x256 so there's no bias):

My guess is that the Civ is Mordor.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #377 on: September 15, 2012, 03:33:25 pm »

The Dwarf necromancer's moustache is neatly combed.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 15, 2012, 03:42:12 pm »

The dwarfbuck sun really cracked me up, actually.

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 15, 2012, 05:35:31 pm »

How is that funny? He had a brain injury from those lampreys and his caretaker is crying because the victim was a close friend! He'll never be the same again! I hope you feel bad! >:c

If you feel bad about that, I have a treatment for you: MOAR DWARF FORTRESS
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #380 on: September 15, 2012, 05:43:49 pm »

How is that funny? He had a brain injury from those lampreys and his caretaker is crying because the victim was a close friend! He'll never be the same again! I hope you feel bad! >:c
Be glad this poor character is damaged enough that he lives not in reality, but literally in a better place.

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 15, 2012, 05:48:44 pm »

Brilliant!

to be fair though it was 1 singular crow in my game which went wild, which killed another crow easily, caused a big fight involving wings, claws and beaks with another then to smack the kid in the eye, then i noticed and smashed it's skull in with a warhammer.

Still, it's a lovely image of "if you annoy my dwarves i'm gonna mess you up!" with all the "tame" crows in the background.
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 15, 2012, 08:24:53 pm »

I love all the images. I am going to have to go through this thread and collect them all (plus quotes) into one compilation.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #383 on: September 15, 2012, 09:00:55 pm »

That is incredible.  And I love the way you draw Necromancers.  Are those zombies in the foremost tower?  If so, the one on the left looks like he's glad to be al-- err, undead.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 09:07:55 pm by Nyxalinth »
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 15, 2012, 09:08:53 pm »

Yeah, they're zombies. I always like to include little pokes at fellow ASCII players, so there's a lot of accurate colour-coding if you look for it.

ALSO

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 15, 2012, 09:13:37 pm »

congrats on # 1 on google.

Is each tower a different necromancer?

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 15, 2012, 09:15:21 pm »

Very nice. I love this thread.
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 15, 2012, 09:20:26 pm »

Must be such competition for corpses around there.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 15, 2012, 09:22:20 pm »

I don't see how one would occupy all of them at once, unless he took the manly route of hacking off all his body parts and re-animating them so he could be in ten places at once.

Most likely, there was a line of very proud kings that wouldn't dream of sucking up to some corpse-pilferer and instead slogged their way through necromantic research themselves, independently. Every one of them. I bet they were all grad students.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 15, 2012, 09:27:59 pm »

I don't see how one would occupy all of them at once, unless he took the manly route of hacking off all his body parts and re-animating them so he could be in ten places at once.

Most likely, there was a line of very proud kings that wouldn't dream of sucking up to some corpse-pilferer and instead slogged their way through necromantic research themselves, independently. Every one of them. I bet they were all grad students.

To quote myself once before...
And that is horrifying.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 84