Yes
- 156 (42.6%)
No
- 17 (4.6%)
I have no opinion and prefer to select the zany "other" option on forum polls
- 193 (52.7%)

Total Members Voted: 364

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 84

Author Topic: I badly draw your reports!  (Read 328246 times)

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
Re: I badly draw your reports!
« Reply #180 on: August 19, 2012, 05:13:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Which program are you using? I've never seen one that can draw in color before.
AsciiDraw. It's very powerful and seems to have been designed for DF. Press F1 for help using it, or use my quick guide: F2 selects the symbol, F3 selects the colour and Insert draws. There are more commands so look in the help menu anyway. It also accepts keyboard input.
My wooden badge was delicious.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 19, 2012, 05:33:16 pm »

AsciiDraw. It's very powerful and seems to have been designed for DF. Press F1 for help using it, or use my quick guide: F2 selects the symbol, F3 selects the colour and Insert draws. There are more commands so look in the help menu anyway. It also accepts keyboard input.

Great :D
Thanks a lot!

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 19, 2012, 05:46:14 pm »

Great :D
Thanks a lot!
It also lets you falsify screenshots, so the sky's the limit!

"Mistakes were made."

"Dude this totally happened I swear"

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 20, 2012, 04:55:43 am »

...but if they don't know about it, what good is it to you anyway? ???

It's not a real PARTY until the queen has a baby, picks it up, kills two goblins by punching THROUGH THE SKULL with her remaining hand, and then finishes off half a barrel of fungus wine while still nursing.

Dwarfiest. Thing. Ever.  8)
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 20, 2012, 05:30:48 am »

...but if they don't know about it, what good is it to you anyway? ???

Maybe only non-judgemental women know about it.

Blackadder

• Bay Watcher
  • Ask about our insanely low rate on !FUN! insurance
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 20, 2012, 08:02:43 am »

This is something I recently had happen, and the image immediately made me think of this thread:

It's not a real PARTY until the queen has a baby, picks it up, kills two goblins by punching THROUGH THE SKULL with her remaining hand, and then finishes off half a barrel of fungus wine while still nursing.

It may be a bit much to cram into a single frame, but it still sounds like a good picture of dwarf fortress.

Also: The one about the adventurer running around with a rotting arm in his mouth. I almost couldn't stop laughing :P

This one took nine minutes to draw, completely shattering my average of four minutes.

D: It's perfect lol. The child is going to grow up to be a great militia captain.
Urist McWrestler: "Hmm, maybe if I bite his ear with my front top teeth, bite his foot with my front bottom teeth, and bite his right hand with my back bottom teeth, I can easily win this fight!"

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 20, 2012, 10:01:46 am »

It also lets you falsify screenshots, so the sky's the limit!
So does MSPaint.

But this way is quicker, and in some cases may be quicker than taking and editing actual screenshots.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Adrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 20, 2012, 10:48:45 am »

Draw this.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 20, 2012, 05:53:06 pm »

pugsly

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 20, 2012, 06:17:05 pm »

Thanks for this thread, it cracks me up.  The immature kid in me lets out a guffaw every time I see something getting it's groin shot/kicked/chopped/hacked/etc 20 feet behind it.

My request is for this little gem a moody dorf made just made;

Arzeskasben - Knightedtuft - A alpaca leather trumpet
This is a alpaca leather trumpet.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is encrusted with chalk and decorated with goblin bone.  This object is adorned with hanging rings of alpaca leather.  On the item is an image of the ogre Nako as an enemy of the Mechanical Helms in the midsummer of 140.  On the item is an image of mountains in chalk.

I know it is not quite a report so feel free to refuse drawing it.  Even in the world of dward fortress I would look twice at someone who looked at a leather trumpet and said they wanted to put their lips on that!  haha, if you are up for the challenge bonus internets to you if the drawing is of a dwarf playing said trumpet!

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 20, 2012, 07:09:43 pm »

Can you do this one?:
I picture he garrotted the bastard with its own shirt...  :o
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 20, 2012, 10:32:47 pm »

Thanks for this thread, it cracks me up.  The immature kid in me lets out a guffaw every time I see something getting it's groin shot/kicked/chopped/hacked/etc 20 feet behind it.

My request is for this little gem a moody dorf made just made;

Arzeskasben - Knightedtuft - A alpaca leather trumpet
This is a alpaca leather trumpet.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is encrusted with chalk and decorated with goblin bone.  This object is adorned with hanging rings of alpaca leather.  On the item is an image of the ogre Nako as an enemy of the Mechanical Helms in the midsummer of 140.  On the item is an image of mountains in chalk.

I know it is not quite a report so feel free to refuse drawing it.  Even in the world of dward fortress I would look twice at someone who looked at a leather trumpet and said they wanted to put their lips on that!  haha, if you are up for the challenge bonus internets to you if the drawing is of a dwarf playing said trumpet!

Can you do this one?:
I picture he garrotted the bastard with its own shirt...  :o

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 20, 2012, 11:14:28 pm »

Wait, so if that one has underpants, that means all the ones before this... Oh god.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 20, 2012, 11:17:50 pm »

Wait, so if that one has underpants, that means all the ones before this... Oh god.
No, he took off his shirt, which went all the way to his legs. All the other ones had tanned heads and cloak-y shirts.

I think I actually devised clothing rules for this when I started out. Besides, underpants are funny.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 20, 2012, 11:47:17 pm »

\
It also lets you falsify screenshots

Did I tell you about that one time a puppy killed two goblin sieges and a dragon after falling 23 z-levels without taking a scratch?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 84