Yes
- 156 (42.6%)
No
- 17 (4.6%)
I have no opinion and prefer to select the zany "other" option on forum polls
- 193 (52.7%)

Total Members Voted: 364

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 84

Author Topic: I badly draw your reports!  (Read 328233 times)

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
Re: I badly draw your reports!
« Reply #165 on: August 18, 2012, 11:13:40 am »

It's early, so it's time for a Before Breakfast Special!
My current fort, near a Necro tower.  After the gobbos and zombies got together and had a great big ole shindig, I sent my dorfs out to clean up the refuse once the party was over.

There was an elf upper arm in a tree that got reanimated before the necro scampered off that was scaring my dorfs as they exited the fortress, preventing them from a) picking anything up, b) going back in the fort, before I finally got a marksdwarf to shoot it to death.

So: an elf arm bone in a tree, causing several dozen of my dorfs to run around in circles.

P.S.  This is one of the most win threads I've had the pleasure to read.

This one's not combat, but it should be entertaining:

Remember, a magma crab is for life, not just Christmas.
I just remembered one from a friend playing Adventure mode:
His adventurer had returned to town after dispatching a group of bandits (biting an arm off the bandit leader in the process).
It was after selling the loot from the bandits and walking out of the shop he checked his inventory and found out his adventurer was still latching on to a rotting bandit arm with his teeth...

Imagine the look on the shopkeeper's face.
"Whaf, do I haf somffing im my feefh? ??? "

"Do you floss daily?"
"Yershff!"
I had this LEGENDARY moment when I, as a spearhuman, attacked a badger in adventure mode with my spear.

You charge the badger with your silver spear!
You bite the badger in the left back paw, tearing the skin and tearing the fat!
You shake the badger around in the air!

Yes, I went running towards a badger with both hands gripping my spear and for some reason my first attack was biting him on the back paw and shaking him around with my muscular human mandible, finally tossing him a few squares away.

My avatar. Urist McCartass.

Crossposting from the Facepalm thread:

I tried to set up a minecart repeater in my last fortress using a novel (read: buggy) design, but after many problems trying to drop the minecart onto the track from above, finally decided to have a sacrificial dwarf go and push it instead to jumpstart the process. I then unpaused the game and busied myself checking on some crundles who were lingering near my cage traps.

The first dwarf went to go push the minecart. It accelerated as planned, reversed direction as planned, and mowed him over before he could move an inch, grievously injuring the poor sap. Then another dwarf decided to go "recover the wounded" and walked right into the high-speed minecart as it ran him over a third time, bowling her over as well. Then someone decided to go rescue her... This blossomed into thirty dwarves out of fifty dying in the accidental meatgrinder.

At least, that's how I reconstructed the scene after finding a ceiling-high pile of bodies in the minecart oscillator.  Never again shall I leave the game unattended.

I realized that when it comes to a bunch of dwarves in a pile, colour-coding them by profession is funnier than giving them all pig tail/rope reed shirts.
The dangers of dust attacks in confined spaces.

Code: [Select]
The Forgotten Beast breathes a cloud of forgotten beast frozen extract!
The Forgotten Beast is caught in a burst of forgotten beast frozen extract!
The Forgotten Beast is caught in a cloud of forgotten beast boiling extract!
The Stray Dog is caught in a burst of forgotten beast frozen extract!
The Stray Dog is caught in a cloud of forgotten beast boiling extract!
The Forgotten Beast slams into an obstacle!
The Forgotten Beast's left pincer takes the full force of the impact, tearing apart the fat and bruising the muscle!
The Forgotten Beast's right first leg takes the full force of the impact, tearing the fat and bruising the muscle!
The phyllite strikes The Forgotten Beast in the right pincer, tearing the fat and bruising the muscle!
The Forgotten Beast is caught in a burst of forgotten beast frozen extract!
The {Kogan's bone [140]} strikes The Forgotten Beast in the right first leg, bruising the muscle!
The flying {copper bolt} strikes The Forgotten Beast in the right first leg, tearing the muscle!
The flying {<F0>copper bolt<F0>} strikes The Forgotten Beast in the right first leg, tearing the muscle!
The flying {<F0>copper bolt<F0>} strikes The Forgotten Beast in the right fourth leg, tearing the muscle!
The flying {<F0>copper bolt<F0>} strikes The Forgotten Beast in the body, tearing the muscle!
The flying {copper bolt} strikes The Forgotten Beast in the right first leg, tearing the muscle!
The {Stray Cat mutilated corpse} strikes The Forgotten Beast in the left fourth leg, tearing the fat and bruising the muscle!
The {Stray Cat right front leg} strikes The Forgotten Beast in the head, tearing the fat and bruising the muscle and bruising the brain!

TLDR: the FB decided to dust the bait dog, fell into adjacent channel, breathed dust a couple of times there and was killed by {Stray Cat right front leg} that was left there by some previous FB. Don't breathe dust in the vicinity of cat legs.

Remember this guy? Every time you don't specify what the FB was, I'll draw him instead because he's funny.
My wooden badge was delicious.

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 18, 2012, 01:17:34 pm »

Thanks for the drawing.   :) Wise of you not to depict the track; it probably would've been Escheresque.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 18, 2012, 01:39:08 pm »

Beautiful :`)

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #168 on: August 18, 2012, 08:26:04 pm »

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 18, 2012, 08:37:02 pm »

ASCII Draw is a wonderful thing.

The L Key looks sick!
The L key retches!
The L Key vomits!
x2

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #170 on: August 18, 2012, 08:39:41 pm »

ASCII Draw is a wonderful thing.

The L Key looks sick!
The L key retches!
The L Key vomits!
x2
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I AM SRSLY CRACKING UP RIGHT NOW! Goomba, I love you so much. You have no idea how happy you've just made me.

PaleBlueHammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 18, 2012, 10:22:03 pm »

All hail the magma poo!  I'm probably pushing my luck with this one but...

Quote from: misko27
If adamantine is revealed for more then 2 years without being completely mined it all turns into galena. Useless, Useless Galena.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 18, 2012, 10:23:31 pm »

Just a adult male bird, man. Just a bird
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

PaleBlueHammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 18, 2012, 10:43:23 pm »

Lies.  She LOVES my giant ostrich cock.
If adamantine is revealed for more then 2 years without being completely mined it all turns into galena. Useless, Useless Galena.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 18, 2012, 10:52:17 pm »

Lies.  She LOVES my giant ostrich cock.

Blackadder

• Bay Watcher
  • Ask about our insanely low rate on !FUN! insurance
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 18, 2012, 11:05:42 pm »

This is something I recently had happen, and the image immediately made me think of this thread:

It's not a real PARTY until the queen has a baby, picks it up, kills two goblins by punching THROUGH THE SKULL with her remaining hand, and then finishes off half a barrel of fungus wine while still nursing.

It may be a bit much to cram into a single frame, but it still sounds like a good picture of dwarf fortress.

Also: The one about the adventurer running around with a rotting arm in his mouth. I almost couldn't stop laughing :P
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 11:15:38 pm by Blackadder »
Urist McWrestler: "Hmm, maybe if I bite his ear with my front top teeth, bite his foot with my front bottom teeth, and bite his right hand with my back bottom teeth, I can easily win this fight!"
It's not a real PARTY until the queen has a baby, picks it up, kills two goblins by punching THROUGH THE SKULL with her remaining hand, and then finishes off half a barrel of fungus wine while still nursing.

PaleBlueHammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 18, 2012, 11:06:18 pm »

My favorite DF experience of any kind is this thread!!  The entire thing is lol-worthy and I thank you sir!

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 19, 2012, 10:28:47 am »

This is something I recently had happen, and the image immediately made me think of this thread:

It may be a bit much to cram into a single frame, but it still sounds like a good picture of dwarf fortress.

Also: The one about the adventurer running around with a rotting arm in his mouth. I almost couldn't stop laughing :P

This one took nine minutes to draw, completely shattering my average of four minutes.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 19, 2012, 04:58:26 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Which program are you using? I've never seen one that can draw in color before.

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 19, 2012, 05:03:00 pm »

I like how happy the baby.  (Must have taken joy in slaughter recently)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 84