Yes
- 156 (42.6%)
No
- 17 (4.6%)
I have no opinion and prefer to select the zany "other" option on forum polls
- 193 (52.7%)

Total Members Voted: 364

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84

Author Topic: I badly draw your reports!  (Read 328450 times)

xana55

• Bay Watcher
  • Booze Detected: Initiating Drinking Protocal
    • View Profile
Re: I badly draw your reports!
« Reply #1230 on: October 12, 2013, 07:32:34 pm »

I no longer have the report but this was awesome and I want to share it.

A full grown dragon showed up on the edge of the map and immediately passed out.
It had no front legs and had been continually passing out and bleeding for a bit since it left where ever it came from.
A mountain of war dogs and untrained recruit planters, masons, and vagrants swarmed around it and started slowly beating it to death with fists, feet, socks, and children.
Then we ate dragon meat for a year  :D
Urist The Foolish: Beheaded by a swarm of cats 379 BC.

DaL33T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: October 14, 2013, 02:19:49 pm »

Don't have a full report for mine, but here it is (copypasted from the "most badass thing you ever saw in DF" thread)

My fortress was being invaded by goblins (again). This time, their commander-in-freaking-chief, who's a frickin' DEMON, has shown up for the fight. Our military was decimated a year ago by a similar attack, so I draft all 60 of my able-bodied dwarves to beat back the invaders.

Only two of the dwarves remain. One is in the main stockpile, unable to move yet still alive. The other, the mayor himself, is wailing on the demon while casually beating ogresses to death on the side, despite only having ONE ARM to hold BOTH HIS HAMMER AND SHIELD.

Unfortunately, the duel ended in a stalemate and the fortress ultimately crumbled, but for me, that is hands down the most badass thing I've ever witnessed.

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: October 15, 2013, 07:24:26 am »

Now there's a fight worthy of songs!

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: October 17, 2013, 03:24:21 pm »

This child would have been something else had she lived.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: October 17, 2013, 03:48:46 pm »

This child would have been something else had she lived.

Wait, am I reading that right?

First the toad bites the baby's left upper leg, then rips it right off. Afterwards it drops the left upper leg, and bites the infant in it's left lower leg.

How can it bite the child's left lower leg if the child doesn't even have her left upper leg?

Is that that "phantom limb syndrome" I keep hearing about?

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: October 17, 2013, 03:51:54 pm »

First the toad bites the baby's left upper leg, then rips it right off. Afterwards it drops the left upper leg, and bites the infant in it's left lower leg.

How can it bite the child's left lower leg if the child doesn't even have her left upper leg?

No syndromes involved. I was focusing more on the idea that this child punched the toad as her last earthly action before bleeding out.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: October 17, 2013, 04:00:14 pm »

No syndromes involved. I was focusing more on the idea that this child punched the toad as her last earthly action before bleeding out.

I was making a reference to the medical condition wherein a person who has had an amputation may still occasionally feel their missing limb, since the child somehow took an attack to her lower leg even though it had been removed.

Still, the chances of the child hitting the toad, let alone having it do more than irritate the skin, is impressive.

EvilBob22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: October 17, 2013, 06:02:37 pm »

Still, the chances of the child hitting the toad, let alone having it do more than irritate the skin, is impressive.
I had a 4 year old kill an FB in one punch (and no, it wasn't made of water or something like that).  It already had an injured head, and that little punch was enough to fracture the skull tearing the brain.
I will run the experiment to completion anyway, however. Even if the only reason why there is a punctured equilibrium in the fortress is because I have been brutally butchering babies
EDIT: I just remembered that dwarves can't equip halberds. That might explain why the squads that use them always die.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #1238 on: October 24, 2013, 09:15:37 am »

I had a baby hit a potential snatcher over the head with her fist...after he'd ended up slicing her leg off with his knife.  I didn't even know her leg was gone until she was 5 or 6 and I noticed in Dwarf Therapist that she was now a Legendary Crutchwalker.  You really did have a badass baby there.  She wasn't going down without a fight.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

SplashyPants

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: December 03, 2013, 09:18:45 am »

I'm not sure if this thread is still active, I hope it is because I've made an account solely so you would maybe draw one for me.

One of my first forts had a beautiful fortress by a waterfall with a river bisecting my embark site. Patiently waiting for my first migrant wave I decided to dig out some large rooms deep underground. I finally received notification that a migrant wave had arrived. I excitedly set more things to be built, carved and assembled.

After a few days I noticed nothing was happening and I was getting spammed angry dwarf notifications. I realized the had arrived on the opposite side of the river. I decided the best thing to do would be build a bridge. Naturally Urist McLazy didn't finish it until the moment they went crazy. So I had a bunch of mad dwarves bum rushing my poor diligent workers.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: December 03, 2013, 10:23:47 am »

I'm not sure if this thread is still active, I hope it is because I've made an account solely so you would maybe draw one for me.

One of my first forts had a beautiful fortress by a waterfall with a river bisecting my embark site. Patiently waiting for my first migrant wave I decided to dig out some large rooms deep underground. I finally received notification that a migrant wave had arrived. I excitedly set more things to be built, carved and assembled.

After a few days I noticed nothing was happening and I was getting spammed angry dwarf notifications. I realized the had arrived on the opposite side of the river. I decided the best thing to do would be build a bridge. Naturally Urist McLazy didn't finish it until the moment they went crazy. So I had a bunch of mad dwarves bum rushing my poor diligent workers.
I think the tread's done, but I drew your scene myself
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: May 08, 2015, 06:06:26 pm »

Necroing here. I have a hunter whose been punching a deer for about three days now. I don't think he's slept or eaten at all. The report has 38 pages composed entirely of The Gem Cutter punches The Deer in the head with his right/left hand, bruising the muscle! occasionally  interrupted by the deer waking up and losing consciousness.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: May 08, 2015, 06:27:40 pm »

This uh. This thread can't be raised. OP is gone and no one's drawing reports.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: May 08, 2015, 06:52:00 pm »

I remember there being another thread where anyone could draw the reports, but I think it suffocated from too many artists and not enough reports...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: May 08, 2015, 06:56:20 pm »

It's here, 'ceot that I'm busy with my ISG so I guess I'd need someone else to carry the torch.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84