Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We now return to your (ir)regularly scheduled badassery.

Magnificent! I shall break out the champagne at once!
- 7 (77.8%)
'Bout fuckin' time, you sporadic bastard...
- 1 (11.1%)
Aww, no more tranzizzled text? :(
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 61

Author Topic: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2  (Read 92351 times)

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2
« Reply #735 on: September 27, 2013, 03:37:42 am »

Jorn Darkmane

The man stares up at the menacing Yxchuithiatkxcli as he tries to think of how to best respond to the Chosen One's query. "...To tell you the truth, I'm having a little trouble even believing what I'm seeing right in front of me..."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 27, 2013, 02:03:01 pm »

Jorn stares at the ground for a second.

"All I'm going to tell you is that dark times are coming. Dark times, that have nothing to do with me, by the way.

Here's the deal, I don't bother you, you don't bother me. And someday, you'll be glad I was around. You'll even be glad to have my friend around then."

Should the man agree, Jorn makes for the barn, telling Yxchu to follow him.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: October 01, 2013, 02:12:25 am »

Jorn Darkmane

As is to be expected, the man seems somewhat apprehensive about agreeing to the rather sketchy deal offered by a complete stranger (and not a very trustworthy-looking one at that) he met not fifteen minutes ago trespassing on his property. Yet, much to the Chosen One's benefit, he is apparently even more apprehensive about going against the wishes of someone who is in control of an entity that looks like it clawed its way straight out of a Dr. Seuss book from hell.

"*sigh*...Alright, I...I guess you can stay for a while. But I'm telling you right now; if you or that...demon...come anywhere near me or my family without a damn good reason for doing so, I'm calling the cops and having them haul you off to...wherever it is they take people like you. Understand?"
Wanting to get out of the open and into his newly secured Base of Operations as quickly as possible, Jorn acknowledges the man's fear-charged words with a simple nod and promptly heads for the barn, commanding Yxchuithiatkxcli to follow...

With great anticipation, Jorn pushes the doors of the barn wide open, allowing a rush of sunlight to pour into a space otherwise only illuminated by what little light makes it through a few old, dusty windows. A short inspection of the barn's interior reveals that the place is almost entirely empty; a large pile of yard debris and various scattered pieces of junk make up the majority of the barn's contents. If nothing else, it at least gives the warlock plenty of space to work with.
It appears the barn also has a decent-sized hayloft, though, unfortunately, the wooden ladder leading up to it looks like it's about ready to fall apart, which is a pretty good sign that attempting to climb it would not be the best idea. It is soon made clear that this will not be an issue for the tired and irritated Yxchuithiatkxcli, however, when the demon flies up to the loft and disappears from view. Guess even demons need a little personal time every now and then.

Hisir Namedene

Their travel slowed to a much less tiring pace, Hisir & party ventures further into the woods and (hopefully) farther away from those vexing authorities...

After several minutes of walking, the group happens upon a road that appears to cut straight through the woodland. Just ahead, on the other side of said road, the Chosen One can spot a clearing through the trees, with what looks to be a house right in the middle of it. One of the fugitives takes notice of this as well, and makes a daring suggestion to Hisir, "Hey, think we could hide there til the police are off our backs?"

Estimated time passed: 10 minutes.

14:05 remain.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: October 02, 2013, 02:39:43 pm »

"We could do that. But we have to do it silently, we don't know who's around here."
"Come on"

Move to the edge of the clearing and inspect the house from a distance, silently.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 05, 2013, 04:42:32 am »

TorZon The EverShifting

A hearty meal of no less than ten adult corpses at last fully absorbed, TorZon steadily converges itself into the center of the room, now with considerably more mass than it had a only a few hours ago.

The process was not only satisfying, but also turned out to be very educational, as it has allowed the Chosen One to gain a much better understanding of all the fascinating bits and pieces that make up the human anatomy.

Hisir Namedene

Deciding to take the fugitive's suggestion into consideration, Hisir motions his companions to follow him as he sneaks across the street for a better look at the abode...

The first thing that stands out for the Chosen One is how unexpectedly large the clearing surrounding the house is. The house itself is of comfortable size, and appears to be accompanied by a small guesthouse between two lovely gazebos situated on the northernmost part of the property, as well as what is likely some sort of garage or workshop on the eastern end.
While it seems, for the time being, that this may very well make a decent hideout for him and his followers, the Chosen One sees no one outside, and thus still isn't sure who, if anyone, resides on the land.

Estimated time passed: 5 minutes.

14:00 remain.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: October 05, 2013, 05:00:38 am »

"Wait here."

Sneak to the house and look through a window.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: October 05, 2013, 07:51:33 pm »

TorZon had been sleeping while absorbing the shells of the things - humans, they were called. It pondered their utility. They were obviously not alive; they had no way of exchanging information among one another, no way to shift form, no way to adapt to changes in the environment? What, then, was the purpose behind their strange construction? They could be remotely operated entities of some sort, but all its searching through the networks of useless records of sensation and reaction had yielded nothing beyond a strange kind of fumbling that they all seemed to share, a protodesire of sorts, the urge to bond, to share, to communicate. Perhaps they were developing a mind?
The gaslike substance that made up TorZon's form drew in upon itself, and divided into many small segments, each bearing the directive of a greater whole.
Data collection.

Shift into a gaseous form and divide into as many segments about the size of a baseball and density of thick fog as I can. Ensure that I remain transparent, and flow out into the hallway via the edges of the doorframe. Proceed to go along the top portion of the hallway, looking for patients. If I find none, continue to explore the hospital until I do. If I do find patients, dispatch one of my divided segments to flow up the nose and into the lungs of th patient and diffuse into the blood through the alveoli. Once in the bloodstream, head up to the brain and exit the bloodstream, then form into a goo and spread out over the brain, overriding it's control of the nervous system. Absorb the nervous system, allowing no pain response from this act to reach the brain, then attempt to tap into the memories of the patient. If their brain sends out any signals to the nervous system that do not involve reacting to my presence, perform these actions but otherwise continue passive data absorption. Do this for as many patients as I have segments. However, only perform the initial act of infiltration while they are sleeping or in a state incapable of moving/alerting my actions to anyone.
If I have any segments left over after this, have them head to a secluded location and combine into a larger mass, then conceal itself until data is recieved.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 05:42:12 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: October 06, 2013, 02:41:09 am »

The Moderator(s)

"So, in essence, what you are saying is that it will be impossible us to truly defeat the Planeswalker at any point within the foreseeable future? I must be honest, 025, that does not bode very well for you. Should it be true, all this information really does is bring us back to our original plan of doing away with you in an effort to remove any incentives the Planeswalker might have for returning..."

With that, the room becomes silent once again, and unease slowly sets in as The Moderator begins to wonder whether he has inadvertently talked himself out of what may have been his final chance at making a comeback from his unsavory situation.
Fortunately, the voice representing his captors soon returns with even more questions for the Chosen One:

"If you wouldn't mind, could you please elaborate on what, exactly, you believe makes this entity invulnerable to any earthly forms of assault? Is it merely the durable armor it wears, or is there something else we should be aware of? Can you confirm that the Planeswalker's armor was made from the material as the armor we confiscated from you? What can you tell us about said material?"

"Darksteel armor, coupled with summoning abilities. Chances are the logistics of base construction mean nothing to him, and he has minions going about their work. The armor him and I wore is a magical material I have never been able to acquire, so all I can tell you is 80% of the small arms we got ain't worth nothing against it. I'd probably have some AT rifles or such that would mess him up, but we're both on a rather important mission."
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: October 07, 2013, 12:47:45 pm »

Jorn meditates in the middle of the barn, trying to sense the supernatural.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: October 10, 2013, 07:34:03 pm »

Hisir Namedene

While his comrades obediently stay behind, Hisir stealthily makes his way across the property and over to the house. Once there, he quietly crouches down and peers through one of the windows, looking intently for any individuals who may be inhabiting the building.
Needless to say, Hisir's excellent skills of observation do not fail him; within a matter of moments, the Chosen One becomes keenly aware of an elderly woman standing in what appears to be the kitchen area of the home. From the looks of things, she is currently preoccupied with washing dishes, and is thus completely oblivious to the dark, scheming ShadowMan spying on her through her dining room window.

TorZon The EverShifting

With a brilliant and intricate new plan now firmly formulated within the mind of the Chosen One, TorZon splits itself into dozens of small, transparent orbs of gas. The swarm of gaseous orbs then discreetly slip out of the morgue and into the hospital halls (taking special care to avoid detection by staying close to the ceiling) in search of vulnerable patients to leech some (hopefully) valuable information from...

The Moderator(s)

"Certainly this mission could not be more important than the preservation of your own life, could it? The only thing that should be important to you right now, dear Moderator, is assisting us in the elimination of the enigmatic threat that we at this time know only as 'the Planeswalker'.

Seeing as time is of the essence and your teleporting friend could potentially strike again at any moment, we feel it is only fair to warn you that if the Planeswalker, or any other suspicious entity for that matter, is detected anywhere within a 80 kilometer radius of your current location, your execution will commence immediately and without any further questioning. So, if the mission you're on truly is an important one, we deeply hope that you will be able to supply us with enough information to successfully locate and deal with the Planeswalker before such a time comes to pass. Otherwise, we predict that neither one of you will live long enough to fully carry it out.
If you are unable to do so, and have nothing else of interest you wish to tell us, we believe it would be best to bring this little chat to a close."

Jorn Darkmane

Curious of what otherworldly mysteries the surrounding area might hold, Jorn sits down in the middle of the squalid barn floor, clears his mind, and once again allows himself to slowly fall into a deep meditative state. One that will, with luck, reveal to the Chosen One any nearby happenings of a supernatural nature...

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: October 10, 2013, 11:17:09 pm »

The Moderator(s)

"Certainly this mission could not be more important than the preservation of your own life, could it? The only thing that should be important to you right now, dear Moderator, is assisting us in the elimination of the enigmatic threat that we at this time know only as 'the Planeswalker'.

Seeing as time is of the essence and your teleporting friend could potentially strike again at any moment, we feel it is only fair to warn you that if the Planeswalker, or any other suspicious entity for that matter, is detected anywhere within a 80 kilometer radius of your current location, your execution will commence immediately and without any further questioning. So, if the mission you're on truly is an important one, we deeply hope that you will be able to supply us with enough information to successfully locate and deal with the Planeswalker before such a time comes to pass. Otherwise, we predict that neither one of you will live long enough to fully carry it out.
If you are unable to do so, and have nothing else of interest you wish to tell us, we believe it would be best to bring this little chat to a close."

"If you let me just speak with him, I can convince him to stand down operations in Canada. The last thing I want is anyone's execution, death, liquidation, exile, marooning, vapourisation, or permanent insanity. this mission concerns currently 12-14 billion souls, so it is paramount I can do this

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: October 11, 2013, 01:36:34 pm »

Hey DZA, what would happen if I used an extra large and elaborate summoning circle to summon a common demon?

Right...game thread...what was I thinking...

While I'm here, what time of day is it where Jorn is?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 01:45:43 pm by Vgray »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: October 11, 2013, 11:13:45 pm »

'Light' Zanzetkuken: Planeswalk to various locations around the world and gather mana.
'Dark' Zanzetkuken: Now that you have manifested, appear next to DZA.

"'allo, I believe you met me from one multiverse, but not me, me.  Thanks for the 'res, by the way."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: October 13, 2013, 06:06:12 am »

The Moderator(s)

"Your benevolence is inspiring. Unfortunately, we would need a little more than promising words before we could ever even begin to consider taking such a risk.
Tell us; assuming we ignore that fact that we have no reliable way of contacting him in the first place, as well as the fact that this would, in all likelihood, turn out to be nothing more than another escape attempt, what makes you so certain the Planeswalker would listen to you? We tried rational conversation the first time your friend was here, and all it left us with was a room full of headless soldiers."

Zanzetkuken the Great

As Zanzetkuken heads off on a tour around the planet to collect mana of an unspecified color or quantity, his generally less friendly variant pays a visit to the spectral figure in the vast aetheric fog, giving thanks to it for his unexpected resurrection...

"Don't mention it..." The spectral figure responds as it curiously examines its visitor. "Now, am I correct in assuming that you are the 'dark counterpart' that Zanzetkuken was all in a huff about me inadvertently reviving?"

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: October 13, 2013, 06:23:04 am »

The Moderator(s)

"Your benevolence is inspiring. Unfortunately, we would need a little more than promising words before we could ever even begin to consider taking such a risk.
Tell us; assuming we ignore that fact that we have no reliable way of contacting him in the first place, as well as the fact that this would, in all likelihood, turn out to be nothing more than another escape attempt, what makes you so certain the Planeswalker would listen to you? We tried rational conversation the first time your friend was here, and all it left us with was a room full of headless soldiers."

"That time I fell unconscious was us having a super-secret mental conversation or some shit. I can do it from in here, but I'm not too sure about how... Stable he is. My mission has me competing against some, let's just call them 'building speed steamrollers.', and their world annihilation plans. The Planeswalker is one of my allies in this mission. Shall I try and reach him?"
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 61