Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We now return to your (ir)regularly scheduled badassery.

Magnificent! I shall break out the champagne at once!
- 7 (77.8%)
'Bout fuckin' time, you sporadic bastard...
- 1 (11.1%)
Aww, no more tranzizzled text? :(
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 61

Author Topic: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2  (Read 92356 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2
« Reply #555 on: December 22, 2012, 12:47:55 am »

(Damn that's a lot of stuff. I'll leave it to you to figure out what the hell I'm supposed to be summoning.) 
                                                                                                                                                             Make a salt circle. Prepare the ritual. Use the shotgun shells the horseshoe and sacrifice the bird and cat.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 22, 2012, 04:57:59 am »

HIDE!

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 22, 2012, 09:02:14 am »

"Okay. Ask away."
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 23, 2012, 09:02:35 am »

Jorn Darkmane

Jorn uses some of the newly-obtained salt to prepare a decent (if a bit impatiently rushed) summoning circle, while the boggart keeps itself occupied with the pile of less-needed loot set aside by its master.
The Chosen One places the horseshoe and shotgun shells in the circle's center. Using his knife, he then spills the blood of the cat and bird onto the summoning circle, before stepping back and reciting an ancient chant...

There's a couple of things that almost immediately stand out about the entity that is brought forth by Jorn's ritual. The first is it's size; the being stands at what has to be at least six-and-a-half feet tall. A height several times that of his boggart. Second are the giant feathered wings it is currently using to conceal most of its body. Other than those, all the Chosen One can really see of the being are its two hooved feet, and three deep, distrusting eyes, which unceasingly stare directly back into his own.

Hisir Namedene

As the door starts to open, Hisir sprints to the basement. He shuts the basement door behind him and remains on the staircase, doing his best not to make any more noise. Following the Chosen One's lead, Shade and the fugitives very quickly scatter and hide throughout the house in the hopes of avoiding detection as well.
Once all the panicked commotion is over, there are a few moments of utter silence, before a female voice apprehensively calls out from the room, "Leonard, darling? Was that you?"

The Moderator(s)

"Alright...is it an animal?"

Estimated time passed: 5 minutes.

16:05 remain.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 23, 2012, 12:31:18 pm »

"is what an Animal?"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 23, 2012, 01:53:22 pm »

Complete the ritual. Demand that the demon serve you.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 23, 2012, 03:10:22 pm »

Wait and observe.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 24, 2012, 01:00:39 pm »

>Land Dragon.
>Unsummon Dragon.
>Store mana in blade.
>Planeswalk to the area the Black Maple moderator is at.  Don't kill guards who are there, just disarm them.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 25, 2012, 05:27:49 am »

>Land Dragon.
>Unsummon Dragon.
>Store mana in blade.
>Planeswalk to the area the Black Maple moderator is at.  Don't kill guards who are there, just disarm them.
((I'm don't think you've arrived at the base yet. Or summoned the dragon.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 25, 2012, 06:23:37 am »

Xan is correct. If you had finished summoning everything, it would have been stated in an update. You do have the suit of darksteel armor for yourself, and are close to getting your dragon, though.

Aannd apologies yet again for lack of an update. Pesky holidays. I'll get it posted after I wake up, so long as I'm not too tied up with seasonal festivities.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 25, 2012, 01:22:41 pm »

Xan is correct. If you had finished summoning everything, it would have been stated in an update. You do have the suit of darksteel armor for yourself, and are close to getting your dragon, though.

Aannd apologies yet again for lack of an update. Pesky holidays. I'll get it posted after I wake up, so long as I'm not too tied up with seasonal festivities.
Eyy, it's the holidays!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 25, 2012, 03:41:38 pm »

I didn't know that!  I thought more time had passed than that!

Change actions to:
>Store mana in blade.  (Don't undo anything.)

((I'm don't think you've arrived at the base yet. Or summoned the dragon.))

I know I haven't arrived at the base yet!  That's why I put "Planeswalk to the area the Black Maple moderator is at"!
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 26, 2012, 03:28:56 am »

Sorry if some parts seem a bit rushed. I'm running short on writing time and don't want the update to have to wait another day.

The Moderator(s)

In the middle of making his nano-fiber vest, The Moderator is abruptly distracted when he hears one of the soldiers assigned to keep an eye on him shouting at someone not to move, followed a moment later by the sounds of panic and gunfire. The Moderator looks up from his work to see a person clad in a full suit of armor fearlessly stealing said soldiers' assault rifles.

Unsurprisingly, the sudden appearance of a magical, gun-snatching intruder seems to have caused an emergency siren to go off. Which, given the importance of this particular department, likely means that in about a minute the area will be swarmed with a couple dozen more soldiers while the room is put into lockdown. Lovely...

Other-Moderator
"The...you do know how to play Twenty Questions, right?"

Jorn Darkmane

Once he is certain that the servant-to-be is securely trapped within the circle's confines, Jorn speaks to it, making clear to the demon that it will not be released until unconditional subservience is given to him.

The being lifts the rest of its head up above its wing, revealing a mouth in the form of a short beak. It stares at Jorn more intently for a second, before exhaling a mighty burst of fire in his direction. Apparently it disagrees with his demands. Fortunately, the circle stops the fire from reaching Jorn. Less fortunately, seeing its attack fail to thoroughly flame-broil its summoner only seems to make the being more aggressive.
The angered demon folds its wings back as it starts to wildly screech and thrash about in an attempt to break the magical barrier keeping it from harming the Chosen One. While such behavior certainly is not ideal for a servant, it does give Jorn a chance to get a better look at the creature he has brought forth into the world. He takes note of some interesting details about the demon, such as the fact that it happens to have four arms, and that each of its hands are equipped with a set of four long talons that would very likely be used to horribly mutilate him were it to actually escape from the circle.

While the demon may have a bad temper, it is smart enough to realize the futility of its retaliation after only a few minutes of acting out. Seeing no other choices present, the demon suppresses its rage, and with great reluctance, submits to the warlock.

Hisir Namedene

The Chosen One continues to hide patiently on the basement stairs for the next several minutes, until finally, he hears someone exit the other room and begin to make their way down the hall. Curious, yet cautious, Hisir quietly opens the basement door just enough to peek out and get a look at who the individual is. The Chosen One catches a glimpse of a woman, clothed in naught more than a long towel, quickly walking into the bedroom across from him and shutting the door.
It looked like she had just stepped out of the bath, which could explain how she hasn't yet encountered any of the escaped prisoners or ShadowBeings that have been creeping around her home for the past half-hour or so.

Zanzetkuken the Great

Suddenly remembering that, as a Planeswalker, he has much, much faster methods of transportation at his disposal, Zanzetkuken imbues the collected yet unused mana he had planned to put toward summoning a BaleFire Dragon into his adamantine blade to be called upon later.
The Chosen One hurriedly suits up in his darksteel armor, removing his cloak, shoulder guards, and adamantine breastplate in order to get the summoned equipment to fit properly. After that, it's only a short time of travelling between the planes of existence before Zanzetkuken is standing next to The Moderator deep within the top-secret Canadian research & development facility known as Black Maple. And in one of the facility's most highly secure and guarded rooms, no less. Needless to say, The two soldiers watching over The Moderator are quick to take notice of the Planeswalker's arrival.

"Uh...who the hell is that?" One of the soldiers asks. Rather than taking the time respond to his partner's question, the other soldier aims his assault rifle at Zanzetkuken without hesitation and shouts, "DON'T MOVE!"
Immediately deciding that the best course of action would be to separate his opponents from their weaponry, Zanzetkuken proceeds to do the exact opposite of not moving, and charges toward the soldiers, prompting the both of them to open fire.
The bullets ricochet harmlessly off of the Chosen One's darksteel plate, and before either of the soldiers know it, the rifles are ripped from their grasp by their mysterious armored adversary.

Not prepared to accept defeat so easily, the two men swiftly unholster their sidearms. Yet just as Zanzetkuken tries to take those from them as well, his attention is momentarily diverted when a blaring alarm is triggered throughout the facility...

Estimated time passed: 10 minutes.

15:55 remain.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 26, 2012, 03:54:20 am »

"Demon, how powerful are you? Do you happen to have a name?"     

Meditate. Sense the Dark.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 04:05:50 am by Vgray »

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 26, 2012, 04:00:01 am »

"What a wonderful turn of events! A Planeswalker, I presume?"

One minute to Omega Squad and some other bad-asses arrive to screw this place up. No Nano-fiber vest. Have to use .223 rifles to escape. Possible prototypes available for shiggles and fun.

Other-me

He thought of... Julia Gillard, the current PM that wants all the advanced tech. Damn ASIO.

"No, the thing I am thinking of ain't an animal"
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 61