Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We now return to your (ir)regularly scheduled badassery.

Magnificent! I shall break out the champagne at once!
- 7 (77.8%)
'Bout fuckin' time, you sporadic bastard...
- 1 (11.1%)
Aww, no more tranzizzled text? :(
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 61

Author Topic: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2  (Read 92272 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2
« Reply #855 on: January 26, 2014, 10:41:11 am »

Encourage my friend here to say something.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: February 01, 2014, 08:47:58 am »

The Moderator(s)

"Right, I'll have a nurse fetch you a gown while I go get everything prepared. Just come meet me in the room at the far end of the clinic whenever you're ready." The doctor says as she hastily walks off, presumably in the direction of said room.

Sir Havel the Unyielding

With a slight increase in the tightness of his hold, and some perspicuous nodding toward their unidentified company, Sir Havel ultimately succeeds in getting his craven captive to overcome his stupefying fear long enough to blurt out an entire coherent sentence.
Although pleased that the small man has at last found his voice, the knight of stone does not by any means harbor the same feelings about how he has chosen to use it, as it takes him only but a second to realize that the man's panicked assortment of words closely translate into something along the lines of, "quickly, go get help!"

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #857 on: February 01, 2014, 11:26:30 am »

Sprint over and try to seize another man in the same arm I'm holding the first with while cleaving or crushing any others.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: February 01, 2014, 11:58:58 pm »

Sir Havel the Unyielding

Without a moment's hesitation, Sir Havel charges forward and snatches the shady individual out of his hiding place just as he makes an attempt to flee.
As the Chosen One tucks his second captive under his left arm to join the first one in somewhat uncomfortable closeness, a third individual—whose presence up until now was completely unknown to Sir Havel—runs past him, screaming out the word "Demonio" at the top of his lungs. Not feeling quite as inclined to preserve the life of this particular mortal, the knight of stone cuts the screaming man (as well as any and all plantlife that happens to be in the way) down with a single, well-timed sweep of his Zweihander.

While it is next to impossible to know for sure in this overgrown and unfamiliar territory, the Chosen One does not sense that there is anyone else currently skulking about in his vicinity.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 12:00:45 am by King DZA »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #859 on: February 02, 2014, 12:23:26 am »

Examine downed man's condition. Destroy newcomer's weapon. Embed Zweihander in a nearby tree. Use Ghostrider powers and judge the new guy I just picked up to see how evil he is. Meanwhile shake the innocent dude a bit and see if I can get him talking again.

EDIT: Try to enhance my sensing ability by drawing on my Lunar power. It won't be much of a boost during the day, but at least its something.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 01:13:14 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: February 02, 2014, 07:40:56 am »

Follow the good doctor

Remember, MRI machines won't explode like with the others. just a bit of funny imaging. heh.

Don't you ever stop thinking of inane things?
Remember to hook up that power glove on 03 so I can beat shit up, and fix the stim system on 02.
Now I know why you can be so nice. You just take out your inner sadist on me, by keeping me TRAPPED here like an animal
Maybe actual you should have thought of that but no, 'blah blah collateral damage'
The copy of his semi-archnemesis sighed, an admission of defeat. For now.
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: February 05, 2014, 08:31:03 am »

Sir Havel the Unyielding

It's not a pretty sight; the knight of stone's attack lobbed off the man's left arm and tore through his upper chest, spilling copious amounts of blood into the fertile jungle soil. If he isn't dead now, he certainly will be within the next several seconds.

After doing away with the second man's gun in a similar fashion to the first, Sir Havel approaches a large tree, and drives the blade of his Zweihander firmly into its trunk. Then, bringing the second man face-to-face with him, the Chosen One invokes his preternatural powers of character judgement to determine how much wickedness he holds within his soul:
The Chosen One senses less fear and a great deal more aggression in this man, which is plainly demonstrated by the admirable struggle he is putting up to free himself from the knight's clutches. There is also a notable lack of sympathy or remorse. Which, while not necessarily making him evil, means there is a good chance that this individual has both done and seen much worse than his frightened comrade.

Having just witnessed firsthand how little trouble the knight of stone seems to have with brutally murdering people who try to get away, the small man wisely decides against fighting his captor, instead resorting to the far more humble tactic of sobbing uncontrollably whilst begging for his life. Guess that's one way of putting someone in a more talkative mood.

Feeling uneasy about the possibility of further unseen foes lurking throughout the terrain, Sir Havel calls upon the divine aid of the Moon goddess to hone his senses, and soon finds himself feeling ever so slightly more attuned to the subtle energies and movements of the Earth around him.

The Moderator(s)

Seeing no reason to wait any longer than is totally necessary, the Moderator stands up and promptly heads off in the same direction as Dr. Weller, followed closely by the ever-alert squad of elite guards...

"You sure don't waste time." The doctor says with a smile, mildly surprised by the Chosen One's hasty arrival...among other things. "So, uh...I guess hospital gowns aren't your thing, then? Not that it'll matter during the scans, but..."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #862 on: February 05, 2014, 09:03:58 am »

I-I'm sorry about your friend.. Hang head. Meanwhile keep an ear and an eye out for reinforcements.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: February 05, 2014, 07:25:18 pm »

Sir Havel the Unyielding

Whether it be by reason of immediate fear, general distrust, or the fact that they are still actively being held against their will, the men do not appear particularly moved by Sir Havel's apology. Even so, the knight of stone spends several minutes in mournful, attentive silence. All the while, there remains to be not sight nor sound of any outlaws other than those he has already apprehended.

Estimated time passed: 10 minutes.

11:10 remain.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #864 on: February 05, 2014, 07:40:53 pm »

Where is your camp? Do you have a camp? Ad nauseum until they spill it.

EDIT: While I'm talking check them and their dead buddy for a map, or a walkie-talkie, as well as additional weapons. Wouldn't want them killing themselves.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 08:10:41 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: February 05, 2014, 11:33:35 pm »

"Not really my style. That and they're kinda awkward. And trust me, I know awkward."

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: February 13, 2014, 08:35:27 am »

Here we are, another heavily belated and relatively small update to painstakingly inch things along! Hooray!

Sir Havel the Unyielding

Determined to extract some kind of useful information from the brigands, Sir Havel proceeds to relentlessly question them about the existence and whereabouts of their criminal encampment, hoping to break down their uncooperative attitudes through sheer, enervating persistence.
As he does so, the knight of stone concurrently gets the idea to search the men (both living and deceased) for any handy or dangerous items they might still be carrying on their persons. After all, it's a tad late to start respecting personal boundaries at this point. May as well go through their shit to see if they have anything worth stealing rightfully seizing in order to prevent any further harm from being brought onto themselves or others:

With a bit of rather intrusive poking around, the Chosen One disarms the two men of a couple large knives, a few extra magazines of ammunition (not that it's of very much use to them anymore), and even a small pistol that the feistier of the duo had hidden beneath his worn garments. On the off chance that there are any evil, zombie-raising witch doctors roaming about the jungle, he also makes sure to confiscate a sheathed machete from the mutilated bandit corpse. One can never be too careful...
For whatever reason, not one of the individuals seem to have been equipped with a walkie-talkie, or any other form of long-distance communication device. Luckily enough, though, Sir Havel does find a folded-up piece of paper stuffed inside one of the dead man's pockets. Which, upon further inspection, The Chosen One is happy to discover is in fact a crude map of the encompassing wilderness.

The map ostensibly shows what one could only assume to be a web of sprawling pathways spread out across the region, as well as the outlined territory of not just one, but apparently half a dozen different bandit camps. Looks like this neck of the jungle might just turn out to be a little more populous than expected...

((Note: It just reoccurred to me that Havel has been carrying around a bunch of sacred relics this whole time. Something I completely forgot to factor into all his recent actions...
Since it was a fault on my part, I suppose I'll just have to get out my magical Retcon Stick, give it a good swish, and we can all henceforth assume that he carefully set them down in a nice, safe spot just before all this crazy bandit wrangling business started.))

The Moderator(s)

"Yes...I can see that..." The doctor says, her words followed by a momentary, yet highly noticeable pause. "...Anyhow, right this way."

Dr. Weller leads The Moderator over to the fancy piece of medical machinery and instructs him to lay down. "Now then, all you've got to do is get comfortable, keep still, and we should be able to get all the scans done in about an hour's time."
Before starting up the machine, she cautiously stops to think for a second. "Oh! By the way, you wouldn't happen to have any medical implants or other internal devices that could potentially cause problems during the scan, would you? Can't believe I almost forgot to ask about that..."

Estimated time passed: 5 minutes.

11:05 remain.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 03:27:08 pm by King DZA »

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: February 14, 2014, 01:02:32 am »

"uuhhhhhh. Errrr. Not to my memory." The Moderator says in an unsure tone.

enter the scanning machine.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #868 on: February 14, 2014, 08:34:39 pm »

half a dozen
Oh. Ohoho. OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOOO~

What were the two dudes doing while I searched em'? Not an action just wondering if the one guy was crying or anything.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: February 15, 2014, 06:33:05 pm »

What were the two dudes doing while I searched em'? Not an action just wondering if the one guy was crying or anything.

Well, the unexpected frisking certainly didn't help to alleviate his overwhelming fear of you, so probably still sobbing uncontrollably and begging for his life. Only with a considerably greater amount of sobbing.

Likewise, your blatant and continued violation of the second man's personal space would have only further encouraged him to prolong his futile struggle against you.

The Moderator(s)

"That's not a very assuring answer." The doctor responds, crossing her arms. "If you're not completely certain about it, then I can't just risk your health and well-being by taking a chance and doing the scans anyway. Maybe we should take some X-rays first, just to be safe..."
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 61