Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We now return to your (ir)regularly scheduled badassery.

Magnificent! I shall break out the champagne at once!
- 7 (77.8%)
'Bout fuckin' time, you sporadic bastard...
- 1 (11.1%)
Aww, no more tranzizzled text? :(
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 61

Author Topic: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2  (Read 92275 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2
« Reply #345 on: October 22, 2012, 06:53:29 pm »

((Uhhhh….))
Rip their arms off check your surroundings. Observe the head of the ceremony and attempt to sense his origin, and what corrupted him. Is he even human?

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 23, 2012, 03:39:38 am »

Reminder post.

>Search the mountains with the squadron hawks.  Making a map of the surrounding area, including any visible nearby towns.
No worries, I haven't forgotten. Mountains are big; searching them takes time. Even with the assistance of your feathery flying helpers (with their limited communicative abilities, they can only relay so much information back to you, after all). Results will be posted at the end of the hour.

TorZon The EverShifting
((I do believe that is the first diagram I've seen of anything in this entire thread. You should get some sort of obscure achievement for that. I mean, you won't. But you should.))

Reverting from its rodent form, TorZon Extends and solidifies itself to block off any escape routes from the passageway, before it slowly absorbs each the helplessly trapped rats, and steadily grows larger with every piece of organic matter it consumes.
The rats, finding the assimilation process most unpleasant, let out a range of panicked and agony-filled noises as they become one with the Chosen One. This seems to attract the attention of an unseen entity, whose voice can be heard coming from outside of the passageway. "Do you hear that...?"

The Moderator(s)

"Then tell us, who or what is it exactly that is preventing you from handing over the rest of it?"

Other-Moderator
"That...might actually be agreeable. Give us a few minutes to think over the prospect, and we will get back to you once we have reached a decision."

Jorn Darkmane

After a bit of walking, Jorn and his boggart are successful in their search for a gas station. It even appears to open. What luck! Now all the Chosen One has to worry about is how to go about obtaining any wares from the station without having a single penny to his name.

Sir Havel the Unyielding

Currently, Sir Havel and the young man are hiding several yards away from the group in some of the trees and shrubbery that line much of the lake. The mysterious acceptance ceremony is taking place in a small clearing near the lake's edge.
The individual leading the ceremony, though still young looking, is definitely one of the older members in the group. He certainly appears to be a normal human being, but the Chosen One can sense something...otherworldly about him. Unfortunately, he unable to pinpoint exactly what that something is.

Suddenly, the preaching is interrupted when one of the members falls over and begins grunting in what sounds like severe pain. Shortly afterward, the same thing happens to another member of the group. And another one, and another one...the ceremony leader smiles as this occurs. "Worry not, brothers and sisters. This is all a part of the process..."

Estimated time passed: 15 minutes.

22:35 remain.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 23, 2012, 05:03:54 am »

"Because, it's aginst the rules. Already I would screw some major stuff just by you looking at a Hollander II would shift timestreams awfully fast. Studying one? That could lead to... Canadaland. But I suppose you could send a small team to take some interesting stuff, kay?"

If the Council were ever to catch wind... Battlescape ahoy!
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #348 on: October 23, 2012, 08:19:52 am »

Set the punk down and quickly approach the leader. Lunus will not stand for these atrocities hellspawn! Seize him in your hands and attempt to get a better idea of where he's come from, ask Lunus for help and tell the punk to see to his friends. If you can't sense anything clear, try to get him to talk. Tear an arm off if you need to. Take the bowl the boys were drinking of and ask Lunus what it is. Ask Lunus what is happening to the children. Above all else, don't allow the leader to escape.

((There's no way this is going to go like I hope it will. Being good is hard.))
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 08:33:39 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 23, 2012, 10:21:44 am »

shift to a thin layer of mass, see who's there, then crawl back into the tunnel and shift to the form of a large rat, but cuter (ie looking more like a mouse) to not look threatening, with a fake injury. Try to incur sympathy. 
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 23, 2012, 10:55:16 am »

Enter the gas station.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 23, 2012, 11:04:37 am »

"I won't win this war alone.
Come Shade, follow me."

Ask Sirith to lead him to the ones who hide in the Shadow and live with fear (criminals).

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 24, 2012, 02:55:56 am »

"I won't win this war alone.
Come Shade, follow me."

Ask Sirith to lead him to the ones who hide in the Shadow and live with fear (criminals).

Once Hisir manages to find some criminals (or something else of interest happens), results will be posted.

The Moderator

"Hm, Canadaland...has a nice ring to it. Anyway, before we move on, just what are these rules you are referring to?"

Sir Havel the Unyielding

Caught off guard by their sudden emergence from the foliage, the ceremony leader is grabbed by the knight of stone as the young man rushes to check on the suffering group members. The ceremony leader looks panicked at first, but after a few short breathes, he regains his confident demeanor. "My, My. A talking statue. Tell me, what business do you have here that requires you to rudely interrupt our little get-together?" He glances away from Sir Havel, looking instead to the young man that arrived with him. "Brian...? Looks like you somehow managed to avoid being burned to a crisp. Kudos to you. Perhaps you are worthy of joining us after all..."

After asking for the help of Lunus, the Chosen One hears a subtle whisper within his mind, telling him that the individual he is currently holding is of Earthly origin; born and raised in the city of Carlsbad. He truly was, at one point, little more than a normal human being. Something has long since been changed within him, however.
Keeping a firm hold on the ceremony leader, Sir Havel inspects the remaining contents of the small bowl sitting on the ground; countless tiny, almost transparent orbs floating in a strange black fluid. The whisper in the knight of stone's mind tells him that the orbs are seeds...eggs, something of that nature. Most worryingly, the whisper also reveals that all they need before they can begin to grow and thrive is a suitable host.

The group members' grunts of pain soon turn to cries of agony as they writhe about on the ground. Looking down at them, the ceremony leader smiles smugly.

TorZon The EverShifting

TorZon hatches an ingenious scheme to get a peek at the currently unseen entity, and then deter retaliation by making itself appear cute and vulnerable. But before the Chosen One can set its plan into motion, it realizes that there are a few flaws that first need to be worked out:

First of all, because the voice is coming from the other side of the narrow passageway's wall, TorZon would have to become thin enough to fit between the atoms of the wall's material to see the entity using such a method, which again brings up the the problem of dissipating back into the fabric of creation. Second, it would be very difficult for TorZon to adopt any characteristics of a mouse, due to it never having encountered one. Third, it at this time has zero understanding of what inhabitants of the planet would even consider 'cute'. Darn.

Jorn Darkmane

The elderly man running the cash register chuckles when he sees the Chosen One walk through the gas station doors. "Having fun in the mud, were ya? What can I help you with today?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 24, 2012, 03:11:11 am »

((Darn. Thought that would work.))
Take the shape of the rats and head in the general direction of the voice. If see anything moving, figure out what it is; observe it and try to determine how big it is; are there any others with it? DETAILS.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 24, 2012, 03:16:13 am »

"The Moderators' Code. It says we cannot cross tech bases between universes. Simple, but add the other three thousand rules..."
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #355 on: October 24, 2012, 09:32:45 am »

Fool! You know not what forces you tamper with!
Set the leader on the ground and summon up the earth to hold him in place. Throw the contents of the bowl within the fire, but make sure to keep three of the Eggs for further study. Tell Brian to gather those that are unharmed and take them back into town, ask Lunus to keep track of each of them and inform Havel if they are in danger. Attempt to use the energy of your spirit and the aid of Lunus to cleanse as many of the young boys of the unholy as possible.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 24, 2012, 11:19:06 am »

Jorn scowls at the state of his robe. "Do you happen to have a map? I appear to be lost."

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 25, 2012, 01:48:25 am »

The Moderator(s)

"Interesting...anyhow, we shall accept your gracious offer of allowing us to send a small team to collect a few items. Your friend, twin, decoy, or whatever relationship it is you two share, shall be taken along to guide our team to the location of the technology, while you remain detained within this facility for...insurance purposes. We'll have someone standing by to ask you a few more questions about these 'Moderators' and their code shortly. Thank you for your cooperation."

Other-Moderator
"Acceptance of your offer has been confirmed. We will send someone to remove you from your restraints once we have a team assembled and ready. Please remain patient."

Sir Havel the Unyielding

At Sir Havel's request, a mound of earth rises up and encases the ceremony leader, covering him up to his neck, and eliminating any chances of him making an escape. The Chosen One dumps all but a few of the orbs into the small fire, bringing a look of great discontent to the ceremony leader's face. Following the knight of stone's orders, the young man, now known to be named Brian, begins to lead the only three seemingly unaffected group members back toward the city, while Sir Havel himself stays behind to focus on helping the afflicted.
With Lunus' continued support, and great concentration, the Chosen One sacrifices a portion of his own vitality to ease the young boys' suffering, and kill off whatever dark forces are attempting to take over their bodies. In a remarkably short period of time, all three the of the male initiates appear to be fully recovered. The cries of the the two present females in the group, on the other hand, have grown into a mix of ungodly screeches and moans.

Jorn Darkmane

"Sure do." The elderly man says, pulling a map out from under the counter. "Need some directions, or are you lookin' to buy the map for yourself?"

Estimated time passed: 10 minutes.

22:25 remain.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #358 on: October 25, 2012, 08:10:26 am »

Tell the boys to get behind you, if they can move, or drag them out of harm's way. Then ready your blade and prepare for the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 25, 2012, 11:33:43 am »

Silently tell the boggart to get the map.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 61