Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Your Archnemesis  (Read 7916 times)

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your Archnemesis
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 05:45:09 pm »

ARPAD IS DEAD!

I dropped a gobbo's rutherer down there, in the water, and Arpad just stood there, spraying web. So what did I do? I dropped a section of the roof on his head, and he died!

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2012, 05:52:12 pm »

Caveins are always an insta-kill.

Vampires are my arch-nemesi. My current fort has been a victim of bad vampires. ALL, I repeat, ALL, of their victims have been legendaries. Every single one.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2012, 08:52:22 pm »

Kea Men are the bane of my existence. The only way I feel joy anymore is when I watch my archers fire hails of bolts into the sky blotting out the sun and piercing their bodies.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2012, 08:53:31 pm »

They're covered in black feathers, have a taste for Dwarven flesh and fly in flocks of unkindness.

Ravens, everywhere.

Hate to do this (well no, I don't) but a group of ravens is not properly called a flock, anymore than a pride of lions is called a pack. A group of ravens is a murder or an unkindness. technically murder is reserved for a group of crows, and unkindness for ravens.

A murder of ravens sounds nicer though and ravens are ever so similar to crows.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 08:57:12 pm by thegoatgod_pan »
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2012, 08:57:12 pm »

Poor fort planning on my part tends to undo stuff that I want to do.

They're covered in black feathers, have a taste for Dwarven flesh and fly in flocks of unkindness.

Ravens, everywhere.

Hate to do this (well no, I don't) but a group of ravens is not properly called a flock, anymore than a pride of lions is called a pack. A group of ravens is a murder.

A murder of ravens. 
That explains a lot.. murders of ravens keep bugging LW by coming back as zombies.

Vampires are my arch-nemesi.
Nemesis, n. Plural nemeses. :P
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2012, 09:00:26 pm »

Vampires are my arch-nemesi.
Nemesis, n. Plural nemeses. :P
[/quote]
I just say nemesistopuses.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2012, 09:41:38 pm »

Vampires.

I've had two this fort. Both got elected mayor. Both would not stay in their secluded burrows. Both took out at least one highly skilled dwarf.

I was watching one of them while she sucked the life out of a child. Her current task was listed as "Conduct Meeting" Which somehow upped the creepyness and annoyance factors.

I'd made a palatial apartment for the second one. He was going to be my lever puller and manager. But he kept tantruming, knocking over his furniture and complaining about being undressed. I never did figure out what he kept doing with the clothes I gave him. Seriously. I'd turn my back for a minute and he's be pants-less and throwing a fit again. I think it might have been some obscure Uniform issue, but I swear he kept ditching them outside his burrow on purpose. :P

...and my dwarves elected him mayor. o_O

I really hated that guy...I bet he sparkled. I arranged for the hammerer to cave his skull in.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 09:43:21 pm by Joben »
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2012, 09:44:48 pm »

I'd turn my back for a minute and he's be pants-less and throwing a fit again.
...and my dwarves elected him mayor. o_O
Obviously his superior conversation and social skills convinced the dwarves that they should be subservient to a pantless mayor.. for a reason :P
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2012, 11:11:10 pm »

My cook, who started pumping out seriously expensive meals WAY faster than I could prepare for the sieges they drew. Fortunately, the ambush that got into the fort after my last soldier died killed him.

protester

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Chalkies be trippin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2012, 02:30:39 am »

My arch Nemesis is almost always water and lack there-of. Mostly because of my poor planning when it comes to food and beer amounts. In one of my most desperate moments i sent a team down to the caves to get to the deeper level. They never came back.

i apologize, water is not alive.

My living Nemesis is the lazy brewer who fails to do his job when more than half the fortress is freaking out. Big sentence, eh? grammernazis love me.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 02:33:19 am by protester »
Adventurer in training

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2012, 02:46:33 am »

Goddamn animated bodyparts.

None of my undead-raising evil biome embarks have made it past the first season, let alone year.
I suppose the problem could be circumwent with proper embark setup and careful planning, but so far nothing I've tried (e.g. burrowing straight down and walling myself in) works. Water is also a common ...issue, especially on the shut-in embarks. Sure, there's likely to be water in at least one cavern layer, but the problem is getting down there before everybody dies of thirst.

Also, zombies killed my named dorf at Spearbreakers.  >:(
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2012, 02:56:49 am »

Hate to do this (well no, I don't) but a group of ravens is not properly called a flock, anymore than a pride of lions is called a pack. A group of ravens is a murder or an unkindness. technically murder is reserved for a group of crows, and unkindness for ravens.

A murder of ravens sounds nicer though and ravens are ever so similar to crows.

First off, though I hate to do this, ravens do not come in murders. It's just unkindness.

And just as an unkindness is a collection of ravens, a flock is a collection of birds grouped together... To feed.

And they are very hungry.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2012, 01:10:18 pm »

Some random titan composed of flame: thanks for lighting nearly all of the topside on fire!. D:<

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2012, 02:44:21 pm »

Metal bars. FPS is certainly a salty bitch that hits you where it hurts.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2012, 02:46:38 pm »

Crundles.

Goddamn crundles are the bane of my existence. They harass my forts 24/7, they WON'T STOP COMING. And they hospitalized my mayor once.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute
Pages: 1 [2] 3