Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My First FB experience.  (Read 815 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
My First FB experience.
« on: August 06, 2012, 11:34:44 pm »

So, after opening the caverns, I knew this would happen eventually. And I got one, not too bad. A Giant, furry, firebreathing leech. Since none of my dearves are big enough to multigrasp, all used shields, and the only casualtiy was the, *ahem* Maternal Armor. Unfortunatly, It burned itself up after a macedwarf hit it in the face (No Skull, no protection from blunt damage.) But more pressingly, the caverns underneath Lancedfamous resemble the Centralia Mine Fire more than anything else, and the two strongest dwarves in the fort are unhappy that their child was reduced to ashes.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and good ole' Bomrek Slappainted the Indigo Shreds stabbed it in the shell so hard he tore it off. What.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 11:36:49 pm by Wrex »

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
Re: My First FB experience.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 11:59:08 pm »

you better hope that none of the smoke gets trapped in your fort, or !!!FUN!!! from !!! SUFFOCATION!!! can happen
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 12:23:13 am »

Good old Centralia.  :-\

If you try to let the coal fire burn itself out, not only will it take forever, but you risk digging into a still-smoldering vein o' !!Fun!! later on. I suggest draining a body of water into the caverns, which should also mitigate your creature worries.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 07:14:47 am »

Man I never get leeches :(

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 07:33:13 am »

You should build a death chamber with a floodgate somewhere in the floor and one in the ceiling. Put in a dwarf or other convict, seal the door, and unlock the floor. After the prisoner has been neutralized, close the floor and open the ceiling, ventilating out all the smoke.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 10:26:20 am »

Good old Centralia.  :-\
Aye, I drive through there 1-2 times per month to visit relatives. It just looks so...dead.

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 01:27:22 pm »

You should build a death chamber with a floodgate somewhere in the floor and one in the ceiling. Put in a dwarf or other convict, seal the door, and unlock the floor. After the prisoner has been neutralized, close the floor and open the ceiling, ventilating out all the smoke.

+5 if they are butchered into smoked dwarfen meat
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 01:50:53 pm »

It was a pretty pathetic FB as far as they went. Besides the fire, he only succeded in inflicting tissue level damage on an unarmored baby, and a pond grabber. Granted, the bastard lit up a couple veins of lignite, and I'm worried about cave ins, but DF is no RL and all that jazz.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.