Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: runesmith help?  (Read 1149 times)

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
runesmith help?
« on: August 06, 2012, 05:45:12 pm »

My 34.11 fort just lost its legendary jeweler, legendary armor/weapon smith, the manager/broker and everyone else at or below the magma forges level.  This slight miscalculation involved magma, fire imps, tantrums and possibly a ghost who pulled a lever.  Anyway, the fort survived the tantrum spiral, but god damn i miss my smith.

I can cheat myself a new one right?  Runesmith would do this, but there doesn't seem to be a build for 34.11.

What utility can i use to do this, or how do i make Runesmith work with 34.11?  It says something about using the same memory.xml as DFhack but i can't find any memory.xml file in any DFhack utility.

Blucher

• Bay Watcher
  • Had a fine beer lately.
    • View Profile
Re: runesmith help?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 09:57:18 pm »

Not sure about Runesmith, but Vjek @ http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/User:Vjek has some lua scripts for DFHack if you want to cheat up a new smith (the "make legendary" script in particular).  I don't have first hand experience using it, but I assume it works without issue.

Honestly, I would just go with your situation and make the best of things. Events like what happened give your fort character.  If you have metal, just train up a new smith and melt down the non-masterworks.  The wiki has a very nice list on the Melt Item page you can reference if you wish to limit raw material waste.