Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28

Author Topic: BYOR 9 - Game Over: Internet Died, Town Wins  (Read 109766 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Day 3: One More Death [1 Replacement]
« Reply #360 on: September 02, 2012, 12:31:24 pm »

Aaaand now the town guaranteedly loses because there're two scum and one town, since Think isn't here. What fun.

Posts like these make me feel better in my vote, since he's not addressing any of his deficiencies.

TolyK:  You do realize you just tied it up with justification of...

I still have no idea whether Dariush or ZU is scum.

Also, are you even in the game at this point?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 02, 2012, 12:40:09 pm »

Yes, I'm in the game at this point. Or will be when Wuba posts next.

Wait, I tied something up? I'm quite lost here, I've tried to read through the posts but still have little clue what is going through here. Does my extend do anything though?

Somebody: Explain your whole case on any one person, so that I have something to push off. I'll still reread, but I'm lazy :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 02, 2012, 01:25:48 pm »

It was tied 1-1 ZU-Dariush until I voted Dariush here (which is my case on him.)

Going to have to go with Dariush on this one.

Today he has greatly delayed his claim, then when it finally came, he never gave a complete one, leaving out role/action names and such.  He then proceeded to waffle back and forth on his vote, without ever stopping to say why he suspected any target.

He's been doing this even earlier in the day and prior to that, spent the entire first two days tunneling Urist I for reasons that appear to be entirely fabricated.

Zombie, while being terse, has as least said why he's voting someone, making cases from logic and reasoning instead out of thin air.  Dariush's day game at this stage in the game are simply unacceptable.

You made it 2-2.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Day 2: Two Down [1 Replacement]
« Reply #363 on: September 02, 2012, 04:14:56 pm »

One last adjustment...

TolyK has reappeared!

Vote Count
------------------------
TolyK -
zombie urist -
Dariush -
Toaster -
Think0028 -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Toaster, Think0028, zombie urist, Dariush, TolyK,

3 To Hammer. Day Ends Tuesday 9 PM Central.

Votes reset.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Day 3: One More Death
« Reply #364 on: September 02, 2012, 08:39:26 pm »

Hi, I'd like to replace in for Think0028 if that's alright. Would someone mind providing me an executive summary while I try to pore through and figure out what's what?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 02, 2012, 10:49:54 pm »

Think:  Today (D3) started with you kidnapped by Book and Hapah dead but not completely.  Then UI the arsonist set off his fire and killed Shakerag, who then killed him right back.  Then UI killed Book from beyond the grave, releasing you.  People voted, including me on Dariush for the below reasoning, which also is a bit more summary.

It was tied 1-1 ZU-Dariush until I voted Dariush here (which is my case on him.)

Going to have to go with Dariush on this one.

Today he has greatly delayed his claim, then when it finally came, he never gave a complete one, leaving out role/action names and such.  He then proceeded to waffle back and forth on his vote, without ever stopping to say why he suspected any target.

He's been doing this even earlier in the day and prior to that, spent the entire first two days tunneling Urist I for reasons that appear to be entirely fabricated.

Zombie, while being terse, has as least said why he's voting someone, making cases from logic and reasoning instead out of thin air.  Dariush's day game at this stage in the game are simply unacceptable.

You made it 2-2.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 03, 2012, 01:02:55 am »

I'm voting Dariush for the following reasons.

He voted for me for no reason, while in an earlier post criticized me for not stating my reasons, even though I did.
He has yet to finish his claim, which is extremely lazy.
I tracked Dariush last night and found that he didn't go anywhere.

I still have no idea whether Dariush or ZU is scum. Dariush seems to be himself so far... Zombie Urist for now.
Extend since school just started for me. >.>
This is just as lazy as Dariush.  >:(

TolyK: Can you explain your disappearance?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 03, 2012, 08:29:10 am »

Yes, I can. I have this ability which lets me leave the game and come back at any moment.
I decided to use it since I was going away for a summer camp (semi-unexpectedly)
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 03, 2012, 09:30:19 am »

Well, that changes things. Now instead of guaranteedly guessing scum I only have a 2/3 chance of guessing scum. Meh, ZU because I don't believe Tolyk is scum, since if he was, he could have majestically fucked his team over if the game ended before he returned, which I don't believe he would do.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 03, 2012, 01:36:52 pm »

Yes, I can. I have this ability which lets me leave the game and come back at any moment.
I decided to use it since I was going away for a summer camp (semi-unexpectedly)

You should be full claiming now, btw.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 03, 2012, 01:51:37 pm »

Um, alright. I actually have a pretty crappy role.
One-use !out (that I can cancel) and extra !in's to protect someone at night. My role is in one of the words in this sentence. :P
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 03, 2012, 03:04:52 pm »

So this is it? We're going 2-2 nolynch?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 03, 2012, 05:33:43 pm »

Oh, day goes on until Tuesday. Sweet.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 03, 2012, 10:50:55 pm »

Well, that changes things. Now instead of guaranteedly guessing scum I only have a 2/3 chance of guessing scum. Meh, ZU because I don't believe Tolyk is scum, since if he was, he could have majestically fucked his team over if the game ended before he returned, which I don't believe he would do.
It's lylo. Why are you still guessing? Also please explain the second part of your statement.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 04, 2012, 01:40:56 am »

I'm a VF-1 Valkyrie, I can switch between 3 modes. First mode I can night track, second I can one-shot suicide bomb someone, third I'm immune to night kills. I can only have one mode per cycle.

TolyK's waffling and general lackadaisical nature doesn't give me the feeling that he's trying to win very hard, which doesn't seem to me like a scum TolyK thing for him to do, as far as I know him.

Dariush is angry and confrontational, but that's status quo for him and I can't use that to determine scummitude or not.

Toaster has been making clear, calm, and rational arguments. Again, fairly status quo play from Toaster.

ZU, however, is making lazy arguments that are illogical. What part of Dariush's statement made you think he was guessing? He was clearly saying he thinks there are 2 scum left alive, and instead of there being four people around (two of which he knows are town, as far as he's claimed), there are 5. Also, not making a full claim isn't lazy. Do you have something on Dariush other than "he's lazy" and "why are you guessing?"
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28