Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28

Author Topic: BYOR 9 - Game Over: Internet Died, Town Wins  (Read 109815 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Day 1: Terror 404 In MOLE [1 Replacement]
« Reply #120 on: August 15, 2012, 05:36:14 pm »

Jim:
Relevance to mafia: 0.061%
(And we can account for that amount through background relevance.)
Thank you for bring it up again, it gives me an opportunity to correct: after talking with someone who actually knows about the topic, Think is right in that the technical term Freudian slip doesn't quite apply, since there's a difference between "unconscious" and "deliberately secret", and that "dynamically repressed" doesn't mean what I thought it did. It is still consistent with the colloquial use of "Freudian slip", though, which has diluted the distinction considerably.

This however, does not change the argument that his slip (freudian or not) shows an underlying scum personality breaking through when he attempted and failed to answer the question like a townie would.

Relevance to mafia: 2.37%

Whoa! Holy shit! That's a not-insignificant jump in the Mafia Relevanometer!

So your case on Think0028 is pointless non-authoritative psychobabble.

Yuh huh, you're town, fo' sho.

Didn't answer because it read like a rhetorical question, more so since you also weren't building a case or stating suspicions. But the answer is easy: I care and others seemed to, it's an interesting topic, and I explicitly said it should be the last exchange about it. Furthermore, I do not constrain myself to the list of "Jim-approved" topics for discussion. I'll talk about what I please, thank you.

You're such a rebel, man, yoking the chains of The Man, which I guess in this analogy is me.

You can talk about what the fuckever you want, as long as you have scumhunting to contribute, and you're pretty slim on that part.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Day 1: Terror 404 In MOLE
« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2012, 05:54:04 pm »

zombie urist:
Why did you only tell Tiruin to start posting, instead of giving him anything to post to?
Umm... why should I give him anything to post to?
Because I need to learn not to post right after waking up. There was more but I forgot to put it in.
Why don't you put it in now?
I have nothing really concrete yet. My gut suspects Toaster, Tolyk and you.
Why don't you do something about these gut suspicions?
Tir (& Shake?): It wasn't in response to a question. It probably should have had a "A doublevoter?" or "So you're a doublevoter?" or similar in front of it.
"A doublevoter? All kinds of roles I don't normally play with! I guess that's what BYOR is for." Still doesn't make sense.
Xjspz
What the hell happened here?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2012, 06:26:38 pm »

Tiruin:  Given you've already claimed your double voter status, does your vote count twice or do you have two separate votes you can split as desired?  If that's more than you want to disclose, you can disregard this question.
Had it clarified with Web. I must vote twice in red for it to be counted. If I only vote once, my second vote doesn't count as it isn't used. Which I'll confirm.

ZU...why do I've the feeling you're acting for pressing information like in the first BM you played in? Nevertheless, you try to egg on others for info, then:
zombie urist:
Why did you only tell Tiruin to start posting, instead of giving him anything to post to?
Hmm...Why shouldn't you?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2012, 08:08:10 pm »

ZU:
Because I need to learn not to post right after waking up. There was more but I forgot to put it in.
Why don't you put it in now?
I did - that's what the part to borno was.

Tiruin:
zombie urist:
Umm... Why should I give him anything to post to?
Hmm...Why shouldn't you?
Uhh...Why do you want him to simply hand you content?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2012, 08:13:33 pm »

UI: I'm not asking for him to hand me content, I'm asking why he isn't questioning me based on
Erg, case of RL opened on me...
Glad I'm back now.
Now that you're back, why don't you do something?
And...I read his question to borno as 'why he shouldn't be questioning me', unless I read it wrong by "Why should I give him anything to post to".

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2012, 10:48:40 pm »

PFP: sorry about my absence and all that, I'm busy with the beginners mafia and school.

Shakes question on page 8: I haven't seen anything exceptional so far, but Tir being honest with his double vote was either conscientious or a way to keep his ass covered when he has to control the Lynch.

I'll ask questions and stuff tomorrow, I swear.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2012, 12:52:23 am »

Daruish:
Xjspz:
I thought that it was a scummy thing to do, but I guess that the first post would actually be the best time to claim.
Wait... what? You just directly contradicted yourself in the same sentence. Moreover, it serves to illustrate that you directly copied whoever-was-that-who-accused-Book-of-the-same-thing-before-you's accusation without as much as giving it a thought. Yeah, fuck you too.
I said I thought that it was a scummy thing to do, but seeing an explanation, I think I understand the logic.

ZU:
Xjspz
What the hell happened here?
It's my name of course.

zombie urist:
Maybe because it's a game of mafia, and questions are very important?

UI:
borno:
Think:
borno: What do you mean by 'saying bus like that'? You used the term yourself in the same context. And yeah, it's a scum strategy, but it's one I'm not good at and wouldn't do.
Oh god sorry, I completely forgot about the question that I asked you. Sorry about the confusion.
You're either panicking or trying to suck up to someone who's voting you. I'm not sure which.
No, I made a mistake. I didn't keep track of the questions I asked.

Web: Votecount please.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2012, 01:05:57 am »

borno: Hrm. You're definitely panicking, but it feels more like newbie panicking than scum panicking at the moment. Unvote.

TolyK: Seriously, where are you.

Bookthras: You didn't respond to the rest of my counter-argument. Are you trying to say I'm scum just because I'd play scum differently than you?

Tiruin: Will you be regularly taking advantage of your double vote to force a lynch, or will you restrain it for emergency purposes?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2012, 01:23:07 am »

Hmm...Why shouldn't you?
So you can form your own suspicions.
That's pretty weak.
Maybe because it's a game of mafia, and questions are very important?
RVS is over and I didn't find anything overly scummy about him at the time.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2012, 01:40:23 am »

Think:
Bookthras: You didn't respond to the rest of my counter-argument. Are you trying to say I'm scum just because I'd play scum differently than you?
No, I didn't respond to that because it made sense. All I have left on you was the "won't" thing, which still rubs me the wrong way, but it's not enough. Please tell me your read on Dariush, and ask him a question.

Imiknorris:
For not having anything concrete, you sure don't seem to be doing much about it.
At least I was chasing you. Your replies to my questions:
I see nothing out of the ordinary about [Tiruin]. Dariush: Loud, rude, obnoxious, pressing an imaginary case. Mildly scummy. Hapah: Too quiet. Not much of a read.
...are too weak, too noncommittal. Not scummy per se, but bland and passive; they seem out of character. I don't like them. But this:

borno:
zombie urist:
Why should zombie urist be responsible for Tiruin's content?
Do you have anything else on him, or is this enough for a third on bandwagon vote?

borno: please clarify if your vote on Zombie is a lynch vote, and if so why.

Mod: please prod Tolyk, but he may be up for replacement. He hasn't been active for four days.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2012, 04:38:11 am »

Dariush
Dariush:  What is your case?  I don't see it, which is odd since you seem so convinced on it.
UI opened the game by asking the single scummiest question possible to ask without deliberately pondering over the scummiest possible thing to ask for several hours. After he proceeded to shut up and fade away and I mentally turned my vote on him into a FoS, he comes out with the bullshit fallacy that no townie can possibly expect to uncover scum. He did both things while it was still RVS. Hence my vote.

Where does he say the underlined part?  I think you're making shit up to get him lynched.
I reread what I said and understood that my words can be interpreted in two ways. What I meant is that he used a fallacy that went 'Think used 'won't' instead of 'wouldn't', so he must be scum'. No townie can possibly expect this fallacy to uncover scum. I didn't mean that his fallacy consisted of saying 'no townie can possibly expect to uncover scum'.

Dariush: You're Russian?
Nope, Ukrainian. But all the insults are identical to the russian ones and I don't currently have ukrainian keyboard layout installed anyway.  ::)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2012, 06:46:20 am »

borno: ...Are you intentionally ignoring me?

Think
Tiruin: Will you be regularly taking advantage of your double vote to force a lynch, or will you restrain it for emergency purposes?
Well, I've never played as a double voter before, and given the circumstances, I'm expecting people to play around with my second vote, so I will only double vote until I'm more than sure (Meaning, using it as an aid in scumhunting), not to force a lynch though.

Anyway,
borno: Hrm. You're definitely panicking, but it feels more like newbie panicking than scum panicking at the moment. Unvote.
What is the general difference between newbscum and newbtown? And why didn't you state such? Newbies aren't always town.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2012, 07:11:14 am »

EBWOP

ZU:
Hmm...Why shouldn't you?
So you can form your own suspicions.
That's pretty weak.
I'm particularly lost with your flow of thought...You tell me that I'd form my own ideas because...you're not questioning me? ("Umm... Why should I give him anything to post to?" > Question, as this is the most logical attempt.) What suspicions can I form from a total of blank statements given and taken?

Seems like you're happy with the state of events.

Also, you ask UI on what he forgot due to morning amnesia and then leave a comment on UI's statement without...anything? Really? "That's pretty weak" and...?

Are you begging a question to be given to you?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2012, 09:15:51 am »

Apologies for taking a level in Lurker, folks.

Tir: What do you mean with the bolded portion? I don't understand.
Quote from: Tir
Well, I've never played as a double voter before, and given the circumstances, I'm expecting people to play around with my second vote, so I will only double vote until I'm more than sure (Meaning, using it as an aid in scumhunting), not to force a lynch though.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2012, 10:02:51 am »

Tiruin:
Tiruin:  Given you've already claimed your double voter status, does your vote count twice or do you have two separate votes you can split as desired?  If that's more than you want to disclose, you can disregard this question.
Had it clarified with Web. I must vote twice in red for it to be counted. If I only vote once, my second vote doesn't count as it isn't used. Which I'll confirm.

Fair enough.

ZU:  You're being short as hell with your questions and especially responses- why are you holding back detail?

Dariush:
I reread what I said and understood that my words can be interpreted in two ways. What I meant is that he used a fallacy that went 'Think used 'won't' instead of 'wouldn't', so he must be scum'. No townie can possibly expect this fallacy to uncover scum. I didn't mean that his fallacy consisted of saying 'no townie can possibly expect to uncover scum'.

Ohhh... I get it now.  Unvote Dariush.  I'm not sure that you won't ever catch scum that way, but you're certainly not making stuff up.

Bookthras:
borno:
zombie urist:
Why should zombie urist be responsible for Tiruin's content?
Do you have anything else on him, or is this enough for a third on bandwagon vote?

Are you paying attention?  I already asked him about this here and he responded to it here.  What's the rest of your case on him?

UI:
borno:
Think:
borno: What do you mean by 'saying bus like that'? You used the term yourself in the same context. And yeah, it's a scum strategy, but it's one I'm not good at and wouldn't do.
Oh god sorry, I completely forgot about the question that I asked you. Sorry about the confusion.
You're either panicking or trying to suck up to someone who's voting you. I'm not sure which.

Well, which is scummier?  What are you doing to figure out which it is?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28