Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28

Author Topic: BYOR 9 - Game Over: Internet Died, Town Wins  (Read 109788 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Day 1: Terror 404 In MOLE
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2012, 04:23:19 pm »

UI: Makes sense. If you want to be a doctor as scum because no one suspects the doctor, how would you get yourself proven to be the doctor?

Tiruin: Good lessons learned. Unvote. As for doublevoting, I'd use it like I use my vote normally. I don't think I'd spread my votes or anything, I'd just push my target even more.

Toaster: True, this is probably the best time to experience new things.

borno: Nope. I don't know how to do a convincing bus, so I won't bother risking it. Were you previously aware of Toaster's policy to always claim Miller immediately if you are one? If not, knowing that, do you still doubt Book's claim?

TolyK: Same question as borno.

If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2012, 05:12:49 pm »

Book: Miller? Hmm. I don't know that I've ever played in a game with a miller, though I know what they are. Have you been one before?

Dar: Ha, I thought you'd actually gotten daykilled by someone and I'd missed it.

Jim: As scum, would you rather be a 1-shot vigilante or an unlimited use blocker?

Dusty: Sorry to see you go. Hope you join us again soon!

Tolyk: So you've got a solid enough read on someone to be sure of your night action target already?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2012, 05:38:27 pm »

Book: Miller? Hmm. I don't know that I've ever played in a game with a miller, though I know what they are. Have you been one before?

Hmm... good question. I can't remember ever actually being one before, no. I have played in plenty of games with millers before, though.

Mod: votecount please, and when does the day end?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2012, 05:49:01 pm »

UI: Makes sense. If you want to be a doctor as scum because no one suspects the doctor, how would you get yourself proven to be the doctor?
Block the mafiakill later on. Preferably without telling my buddies. That way, if targets are notified upon a protected kill, I'm confirmed, and if not, it's still my word and a missing kill vs. nothing.

This sucks. Day ends tomorrow and we're still in fucking RVS. Extend.

Think:
borno: Nope. I don't know how to do a convincing bus, so I won't bother risking it.
"Won't"?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Sign-Ups [13 / 13+]
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2012, 07:41:53 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Shakerag -
zombie urist - borno,
Dariush -
Urist Imiknorris - Dariush, Bookthras,
Toaster -
TolyK - zombie urist,
Think0028 - Toaster, Urist Imiknorris,
Hapah - Jim Groovester,
Dustylou2 - Hapah,
Bookthras - Shakerag,
Tiruin -
Jim Groovester - TolyK,
borno - Tiruin, Think0028,
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Dustylou2,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Tuesday 6 PM Central.

Dustylou2 is up for replacement.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Day 1: Terror 404 In MOLE [1 Replacement]
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2012, 08:56:03 pm »

UI:  Good catch.

Book:  What reaction do you suspect from the scum team after your claim?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dariush:  Why do you follow up apologizing for poor activity with a low-content post?

On Millers:  I fully 100% support claiming of your millerness in your very first post of the game.  There, and only there, is it a null tell.  Claiming it in response to a guilty inspection on you is far too late.  Since a miller claim just alerts cops as to what an inspection would return on you before it actually happens, it saves them the trouble of inspecting you and reporting a scum result.

It's a null tell and not a town tell because scum could easily do it as well- but requiring it be that player's first post of the game prevents them from unduly discussion such a fake claim with their teammates before actually doing it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2012, 11:39:38 pm »

Huh? What's the point of this?

Borno: This post
Daruish:
Where are you? Also, what would you do to escape heat if you made a scumslip and were called up on it?
looks suspiciously like
Dariush: Are you going to do anything?
with an additional RVS question. Why is that? In addition please give me your top two scumpicks at this time.

Extend.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2012, 12:21:10 am »

Book:  What reaction do you suspect from the scum team after your claim?
None really, as the claim is to get a reaction from town (inspectors' target selection), not from scum. From the scum, at most a bit of anxiety over scumchat as inspections will have a slightly larger chance of hitting them.

On Millers: [...]
As tempting as it is, I don't think we should get into the abstract pros and cons of the thing too much, but briefly: my main objections to it as a staple, 100%-all-the-time thing are precisely that it can be used by the scum as well, and that people tend to blur the line between "null tell" and "town tell" too easily. While your "first post" thing has merit, it's trivial for the scum to discuss it over scum chat before their first on-thread post, and almost as trivial to make it in the second or third post with a convincing excuse.

I also think it should be perfectly kosher for a miller to never claim it if they don't feel like it; while they'll be at higher risk of getting lynched if inspected later on, that's the price of their choice not to claim it, and people shouldn't lynch a person solely over an inspection result anyway in a BYOR unless they are also scummy, since there may be other factors at play (silent redirections, sanity issues, or other quasi-bastardry).

People should play with their brains and not follow "recipes" or "dogma" or "always do X if Y". In crime and politics the situation is always fluid.

In any case, you've said your piece about it, and so have I, and I'm giving your thing a go, so yeah, let's not beat this one to death like we did in Paranormal18, yes?

I concur on the Extension request.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2012, 12:31:45 am »

Extend.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2012, 12:37:58 am »

Jim: As scum, would you rather be a 1-shot vigilante or an unlimited use blocker?

As scum, you can't be a 1-shot vigilante, since vigilante is a town role.

This question is flawed.

The answer to the question you meant to ask is that I'd rather have an unlimited use block. In a game like this, I don't think I'd have to worry about needing to kill extra people. I think that'll happen well enough on its own. Stopping actions, though, that's going to be especially useful in a game like this.

I take it then that your RVS vote on Think0028 is now slightly more concrete.

This sucks. Day ends tomorrow and we're still in fucking RVS. Extend.

So what are you going to do about it?

It's in reference to Urist Imiknorris' vote on Think0028 and the reason behind it.

yap yap miller theory

That's great.

Who cares?

Why are you (and Toaster) yapping about miller theory when you could be building a case or stating your suspicions instead? Because you've yet to do that in any notable fashion so far, since I can't recall you doing anything like that, and if I can't recall it then it wasn't significant enough to commit to memory or it didn't happen.

Without this discourse on miller theory, your post is pure fluff.

Extend.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2012, 01:05:35 am »

zombie urist:
Borno: This post
Daruish:
Where are you? Also, what would you do to escape heat if you made a scumslip and were called up on it?
looks suspiciously like
Dariush: Are you going to do anything?
with an additional RVS question. Why is that? In addition please give me your top two scumpicks at this time.
What is this? Daruish hadn't posted, so I called him up upon it. I asked him the RVS question because it's RVS stage. Did you only vote me because I had already voted you?

I think that you may scum, but I'm not too sure about anyone else.

Think:

borno: Nope. I don't know how to do a convincing bus, so I won't bother risking it. Were you previously aware of Toaster's policy to always claim Miller immediately if you are one? If not, knowing that, do you still doubt Book's claim?
I didn't, but I think I get it now. Why do you say "Bus" like that? Isn't that a scum strategy? And no, I haven't encountered a game with millers before, so I'm rather new to claims like these.

Also, extend.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2012, 01:39:40 am »

Borno: Yeah but UI raised the exact same issue you did two posts up.
And this isn't the first time you're basically repeating something someone else said. 

It's in reference to Urist Imiknorris' vote on Think0028 and the reason behind it.
I know that. I meant why point it out in such a manner.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2012, 03:08:36 am »

UI: Grammar mistake, should be "wouldn't". Anyways, clever idea on proving yourself doctor.

borno: What do you mean by 'saying bus like that'? You used the term yourself in the same context. And yeah, it's a scum strategy, but it's one I'm not good at and wouldn't do.

Extend.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2012, 05:23:23 am »

Think:
borno: Nope. I don't know how to do a convincing bus, so I won't bother risking it.
"Won't"?
Oh hey, you use the identical fallacy to the one that got me lynched out of blue in RL4. And it's the second time you do scummy shit this game. And we're still in RVS. Yeah, you're scum.

Dariush:  Why do you follow up apologizing for poor activity with a low-content post?
Because I didn't say that my craptacular weekend has ended. It has kinda ended now, but I still won't be delving in the realm of WoTs for now.

Borno, why are you ignoring me and my questions after specifically asking where I've disappeared to?

I think that you may scum, but I'm not too sure about anyone else.
Ooh, nice. How about oh I dunno explanations? Also, your vote on him was put with an accompanying RVS question. When did it stop being a randomvote, if ever?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2012, 07:50:35 am »

That's 6/7 extension requests needed.

I'll up the amount of people it requires if you all don't start playing.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28