Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: Roll to Priest: The End.  (Read 68351 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Priest 5: A Fistful of Bishops: Turn Eight: Whiskey Sodden Crotch!
« Reply #375 on: January 27, 2013, 02:12:06 am »

I think it's about time we found out which of the priests has the largest, err, spiritual presence. The people of Rolly Island deserve to know!

hear hear!

I think the people of Rolly Island have already seen every priest's tremendous spiritual presence at least once each and can probably judge for themselves...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 27, 2013, 12:28:49 pm »

((Ahh English, how much I adore thee. Thy meanings and hidden contours shalt ever evade me.))

Create an addendum to whatever Father Toaster Lars would be saying, adding in what else I would be saying. Also, allegory to life.

"Now," the priest started, addressing the nearest media person. "on this stone. The ceremony, as you've heard, will be the grandest it can be. Surely, most events are covered by only one Bishop. We have four.

"It is just like the many stones you ask for. O'Feckerty's stones are blissfully protected by his own spiritual presence, as the priesthood is apt to enact in times of danger. Just like the upgrading of this holy relic, it can be made akin to that one extension in my Parochial house. It is, just a house - more lavish, some may say, or a more aesthetic view. It is like the stone, a relic, unchanging..."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 30, 2013, 12:26:22 am »

"Aaaaugh me feckin' bolloooooooocks!"
>Father O'Feckerty lets out a cry of pain, rage, humiliation and, of course, FECK before leaping into action, extinguishing his crotch-flames in cooling badger shite.
If no badger shite is available, one of those big fluffy microphone things will do too.

>While I'm at that, punch that gobshite sound technician in the face and steal his pants.

>Then, once dressed (more-or-less) appropriately, punch Father Tiruin in the face and take over this whole speech shite. That should make up for that whole ordeal, right?

"This is, er, the Holy Stone o' Clonfeckert. It's all feckin' Holy an' shite. An' now, Bishop McFeckerty with some rites an' what-feckin'-not!"

>Allow a moment for applause as I grab Bishop McFeckerty real quick and place him by the Stone. Give him a boot up the arse as rite-giving encouragement.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 30, 2013, 01:53:24 am »

>Then, once dressed (more-or-less) appropriately, punch Father Tiruin in the face and take over this whole speech shite. That should make up for that whole ordeal, right?
((I'm always getting punched XD

You meanie.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 30, 2013, 11:32:22 am »

((If he'd shut yer feckin' mouth every once in a while, he wouldn't get feckin' punched!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Priest 5: A Fistful of Bishops: Turn Nine: Oh Father!
« Reply #380 on: February 01, 2013, 05:29:19 pm »

Episode Five: A Fistful of Bishops: Turn Nine: Oh Father!

The General Vicinity of the Holy Stone of Clonfeckert…

Explain to the TV man why the Holy Stone is holy!

Father Lars frowns at Father O’Feckerty’s burning bollocks before turning, putting on his whitest smile, and speaking loudly for the cameras.

"AS I WAS SAYING, I praise God for all he does for us, including blessing us with amazing telegenic acrobatic skills AND the Holy Stone of Clonfeckert! As you all know, the Holy Stone is a relic because of its great calming powers. In the Good Book, the lion lies down with the lamb because of holiness like this stone! Surely anyone who touches it will be filled with the Holy Spirit of God, but that's not all!"

The assembled cameramen and TV news reporters gasp as Father Lars’ arm shoots dramatically into the air and then straight towards Father O'Feckerty.

"Behold! Its holiness has given us the miracle of a flaming priest!"

The various media types stare open-mouthed at O’Feckerty’s flaming crotch; several of them noticeably back away from the clearly viciously dangerous Holy Stone.

But Father Lars is not done yet! With a final flourish he points directly at Father O’Feckerty’s blazing groin.

"LOOK AT HIS HOLY PRESENCE!"

They gasp again!

”TREMENDOUS!” shouts one admirer.

”CRIKEY!” blurts another.

”SPIRITUAL!” mumbles another, loudly, until suddenly one of the more alert journalists comes to her senses.

”And, er, so… Father Lars, why exactly is this Stone so revered?”

"Er… Well, you know… God an’ all that? It’s said you feel an astonishing buzz in its presence… You know, like… like a Holy Buzz…"

Create an addendum to whatever Father Toaster Lars would be saying, adding in what else I would be saying. Also, allegory to life.

"And that’s not all!" suddenly interrupts Father Tiruin, for once possibly welcomed by his fellow priests.

"They say that a young woman was once cured here! Or was it lured? Anyway," he continues, moving in very close and addressing the nearest media person right in the face.

"This stone. This very Holy Stone! The ceremony, as you've heard, will be the grandest it can be. Now, you see, most events are covered by only one Bishop. We have four. FOUR! And all with their swinging things! You know… the… er… spiritual swinging things.”

Tiruin wags his finger in the cameraman’s face as he moves along the line of distraught news-people.

"That reminds me of something," he adds, ominously. "I recently added another extension onto the back of the extension on my house. And of course – that extension was on an extension, which was on another extension, so in fact I have an extension on an extension on an extension on an extension on an extension on the back of my house, wait, is that right? You know, me house, it’s like a circle! Which brings me back to my point," he says, pausing for a dramatic breath.

"Stones… Heathenish stones – they often come in circles, but this is no heathenish stone! NO SIRS! This stone is a Holy Stone. Like O’Feckerty’s stones, it burns with Holiness! His spiritual presence…" Father Tiruin tails off for a second, apparently distressingly distracted by Father O’Feckerty’s spiritual presence running aflame through the corner of his eye. He shudders.

"Er… And so, just like the upgrading of this holy relic, it can be made akin to that one extension in my parochial house. It is just a house – still just a house, but more lavish, some may say, or a more aesthetic view, or more... potent... It is like the stone, a relic, changing but unchanging, a..."

Suddenly one of the cameramen passes out from the pain of listening to Father Tiruin, his camera crashing to the floor and landing on a nearby journalist’s foot! She hops about in broken-footed pain!

>Father O'Feckerty lets out a cry of pain, rage, humiliation and, of course, FECK before leaping into action, extinguishing his crotch-flames in cooling badger shite.
If no badger shite is available, one of those big fluffy microphone things will do too.

>While I'm at that, punch that gobshite sound technician in the face and steal his pants.

>Allow a moment for applause as I grab Bishop McFeckerty real quick and place him by the Stone. Give him a boot up the arse as rite-giving encouragement.

But alas!

The broken-footed journalist’s pain is not heard for long – in a burning flash the screaming Father O’Feckerty runs past our field of vision towards a rather promising pool of badger shite, leaps through the air like a nudist Catholic salmon, and belly-flops down into it.

"Aaaaugh me feckin' bolloooooooocks! FECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK!!"

He thrusts his flaming groin repeatedly into the already well-fertilised ground!

The camera zooms in on his ecstatically relieved face as the naked priest frolics in the badger manure until his crotch is fully cooled, and then, jumping to his feet, runs directly at the sound technician in a desperate attempt to rugby tackle his trousers down.

Father O’Feckerty rugby tackles the sound technician’s trousers down! They hang about his ankles! The sound technician backs away in some considerable distress, tripping over his trousers and flailing about on the floor as O’Feckerty tugs them off and over his feet!

The camera briefly lingers over the poor detrousered innocent before shooting back up to the face of the deranged and naked priest as he hops about trying to pull his new trousers on.

O’Feckerty staggers towards Father Tiruin, evil intent clear to read in his dirty stinking red and brown face, one hand holding up his trousers and the other pointing vaguely towards the Holy Stone.

"This is, er, that… that is the Holy Stone o' Clon-feckin’-feckert. It's all feckin' Holy an' shite. An' now," he adds, rather presciently, as the camera darts from his face to the empty space just over his shoulder.

"An' now, Bishop McFeckerty with some-"

Just as Father O’Feckerty reaches Father Tiruin, Bishop McFeckerty taps him on the shoulder, spins him round, and punches him right in the feckin’ face!

O’Feckerty falls to the floor!

Without breaking his house improvement monologue, Father Tiruin gives O’Feckerty a quick kick in the groin before turning back to his reporter victim and enlightening him about the best way to restore mid-1950s fabric based wallpaper.

"You know, half the secret is in the wrist action, but you also need to make sure you get the right kind of moisturising agent, nothing too strong or it’ll come out in terrible big gloops and the stains will be hellish to get out, you know, now, dry cleaning detergent, that’s a wonderful thing…"

Help O'Neill out of the cart and point him towards the reporters and other guys, I dunno. Let him handle this while Father Errol tries to find a fig leaf to mask his (surely trendemous) spiritual presence with.

A few feet away, Father Errol brings his shopping trolley to a halt with a hearty sigh.

"Pheeeeew."

He’s just run a mile pushing a bishop in a trolley.

"Strength of fecking Jesus, that. Feck."

He leans against a nearby tree, finding the bark in particular rather uncomfortable against his naked backside, until he realises he’s left his bishop in the shopping cart!

"Oh… right… feck, yes..." he mumbles. "OH FECK! CAMERA CREWS! I'M FECKIN' NAKED!"

Kicking the shopping cart to the ground, Father Errol helps Bishop O'Neill to his feet before apologising.

"Your Grace... I'm really feckin' sorry but it's for the good of the church an' all..."

Father Errol punches Bishop O'Neill in the mouth!

Father Errol picks up the unconscious bishop and wraps him round his waist like a loincloth!

He runs screaming towards the Holy Stone of Clonfeckert!

"FECK ME COME ON LADS, WE'VE GOT TO FECKIN' UPGRADE THIS SHITIN' RELIC BEFORE THE FECKIN' BISHOP COMES TO! HE'S GONNA MAKE FEATHER DUSTERS OUT OF ME BOLLOCKS WHEN HE REALISES WHAT I'VE DONE! OH SHIIIIIIIIIIITE!"

One priest is dressed in a bishop! Another priest is naked!

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Priest 5: A Fistful of Bishops: Turn Nine: Oh Father!
« Reply #381 on: February 01, 2013, 10:05:53 pm »

I think the turn title is quite clever, myself.

Congrats, fellow men of the cloth- we've just about got this wrapped up without totally shiting it up.

"All praise be to God!  Let us Mass, brothers!"

Round out the ceremony with a glorious Mass!  Involve as many non-naked priests and sober bishops as possible!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 01, 2013, 11:04:59 pm »

PTW.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Priest 5: A Fistful of Bishops: Oh Player, Where Art Thou?
« Reply #383 on: February 06, 2013, 03:42:23 am »

Come on chums, we're so close to the end, one action in nearly a week is pretty GM morale-scuppering.

You know it will go very badly indeed if I have to come up with/ask for three AI actions...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 06, 2013, 04:32:17 am »

"Aw fer feck's sake," O'Feckerty bellowed, clutching his face with one hand and protecting his groin with the other as he attempted to get to his feet, "Why d'yer always hit me?! I'm tryin' ta get this shite-an'-feckin' Ceremony moving!"

He cast an angry eye about himself. Someone lend me some feckin' trousers, yer miserable feckin' gobshites! I've Holy Feckin' Shite ta deal with an' I can't very well do that with no feckin' trousers on, can I? I've asked nicely, now give over the fecking things. Not providing Priestly Pants to a Pantsless Priest is feckin' blasphemy, don'cha know, an' I'm well authorised ta punch yer feckin' head in an' what-not."

>Equip trousers! Just whose trousers or how I gain posession of them is irrelevant.

>Then redeem myself, and the memory of my dear ol' Dad(who was a priest or some shite himself), by punching Father Tiruin right in the gob and taking over conducting the feckin' ceremony. Beat the shite out of any blasphemous fecker what tries to stop me.

>Make it the best. Ceremony. Ever. Call up O'Dimmerty and get him to bring a truckload of Holy Booze, along with a bunch o' feckin' party hats, chocolate biscuits, those party blower things, some confetti, any B, C or even D-grade celebrities who happen to be in the neighbourhood(and willing to show up for free), a few portapotties and maybe a donkey or three so we can have us a nice Donkey Derby. Oh and get him to drag along some local Christian Rock band, too.

>Did I mention booze?

>Try and get some actual Consecrating or whatever-the-feck-it-was done along the way, too.

((I'm back now. Can post easier. Apologies!  :-X))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 06, 2013, 04:45:34 am »

((
* Tiruin is currently busy with midterms at the moment. Most sincere of apologies are to be given.
))

Father Tiruin was glad. The reception was quite pleasing. And Father Lars was rounding the crew up for another round.

He decided to aid him by joining the middle portions after thinking of what best to say on the topic, segueing from whomever is speaking into the desired tone. This will be glorious.

Quote from: Father Errol
"FECK ME COME ON LADS, WE'VE GOT TO FECKIN' UPGRADE THIS SHITIN' RELIC BEFORE THE FECKIN' BISHOP COMES TO! HE'S GONNA MAKE FEATHER DUSTERS OUT OF ME BOLLOCKS WHEN HE REALISES WHAT I'VE DONE! OH SHIIIIIIIIIIITE!"

"Feather dusters you say?"

Oh, and if O'Neill wakes up, welcome him warmheartedly and acknowledge Errol on his good work of being the sole person of bringing the bishop here.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 07, 2013, 03:31:18 am »

Bring out the Latin. Wail around ominously in Latin like the single half-naked priest I am. Then, procure an Organ, and rock out. In Latin. Surely, that must fit an upgrade ceremony!

Of course, Father Errol must have the last word in the upgrade ceremony. That's obvious.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Priest 5: A Fistful of Bishops: Not a Rubber Duck!
« Reply #387 on: February 08, 2013, 11:26:59 am »

Episode Five: A Fistful of Bishops: Turn Ten: Not a Rubber Duck!

The General Vicinity of the Holy Stone of Clonfeckert…

Round out the ceremony with a glorious Mass!  Involve as many non-naked priests and sober bishops as possible!

Father Lars is full of holy joy. The ceremony is underway! The day will soon have almost been a success!

"All praise be to God!"

"Feck!"

"Let us Mass, brothers!"

"Arse!"

Father Lars is undeterred. He dashes over to the smoke-filled car nearby, wrenching open the door, and pulls out a coughing and spluttering Bishop Fachs into the bright lights of daytime news crews and sunshine.

"Your Grace! Let us Mass! It will be like that time with the heathens!"

He rushes to angry Bishop McFeckerty.

"Your Grace! Let us Mass! Afterwards I’ll hold down O’Feckerty whilst you punch the naked little eejit!!"

He runs enthusiastically over to Father Errol, circling the Holy Stone with a bishop wrapped precariously around his nether regions and his arms wildly flailing in the air. Lars stops, less enthusiastic all of a sudden, unsure if this counts as naked or not, and instead approaches Father Tiruin.

"Tiruin! Just… just keep fecking quiet and come with me. Let’s do some Mass."

Followed by a swarm of cameras and furry things on sticks, Father Lars leads the holy procession to the Holy Stone of Clonfeckert. It’s a marvellous stone. A Holy Stone.

Lars climbs on top and puts on his best concentrating speech-making Mass face.

It looks like constipation, but more telegenic.

>Equip trousers! Just whose trousers or how I gain posession of them is irrelevant.

>Then redeem myself, and the memory of my dear ol' Dad(who was a priest or some shite himself), by punching Father Tiruin right in the gob and taking over conducting the feckin' ceremony. Beat the shite out of any blasphemous fecker what tries to stop me.

>Make it the best. Ceremony. Ever. Call up O'Dimmerty and get him to bring a truckload of Holy Booze, along with a bunch o' feckin' party hats, chocolate biscuits, those party blower things, some confetti, any B, C or even D-grade celebrities who happen to be in the neighbourhood(and willing to show up for free), a few portapotties and maybe a donkey or three so we can have us a nice Donkey Derby. Oh and get him to drag along some local Christian Rock band, too.

>Did I mention booze?

>Try and get some actual Consecrating or whatever-the-feck-it-was done along the way, too.

”In nomine,“ begins Father Lars, vaguely holding together his motley band of drugged angry bishops and one non-naked priest.

”Patris-“

Suddenly a less non-naked priest interrupts as Father O’Feckerty staggers over, one hand rubbing his face and the other his groin as he blasphemously addresses Bishop Jordan, lurching with probably fetid and alcohol laden breath right into his angry purple face.

"Aw fer feck's sake," he bellows as loud as a church organ.

"Why d'yer always hit me?! I'm tryin' ta get this shite-an'-feckin' Ceremony moving!"

He squints dementedly through his drying badger-shite rimmed eyes up at Father Lars.

"Yer great gobshite!" he spurts, making his way over to the Stone. He punches Lars in the ankles repeatedly until he gives up and flops himself over the Holy Stone and the priest’s feet desecrating it before addressing the crowd in his new and naked lying position.

”Someone lend me some feckin' trousers, yer miserable feckin' gobshites! I've Holy Feckin' Shite ta deal with an' I can't very well do that with no feckin' trousers on, can I? I've asked nicely, now give over the fecking things. Not providing Priestly Pants to a Pantsless Priest is feckin' blasphemy, don'cha know, an' I'm well authorised ta punch yer feckin' head in an' what-not. Ooh. What’s this?"

Father O’Feckerty has noticed, if not a pair of trousers, a nice cassock inches from his face.

"Shite!"

He starts tugging.

He decided to aid him by joining the middle portions after thinking of what best to say on the topic, segueing from whomever is speaking into the desired tone. This will be glorious.
Oh, and if O'Neill wakes up, welcome him warmheartedly and acknowledge Errol on his good work of being the sole person of bringing the bishop here.

As O’Feckerty tries desperately to pull Father Lars’ cassock down around his ankles upon the Holy Stone, the intrepid Father Tiruin realises there is a situation to save.

Nay – a situation to augment!

He leaps triumphantly onto the Holy Stone of Clonfeckert, lands awkwardly on Father O’Feckerty’s busily tugging elbow, and collapses over the now suddenly screaming O’Feckerty, sprawling face down on the naked and filthy badger-bothering pervert’s back.

He spits something – he doesn’t want to consider what – out of his mouth as he gets to his feet. He wipes his mouth and stumbles in some distress towards the nearest camera.

”Do you know? This here Holy Stone – made even more holy by the naked wrestling ritual these here priests are performing right upon its face – this here Holy Stone, well, we’re going to Mass the-“

Suddenly silence reigns, briefly.

It’s immediately interrupted by the sound of vigorous snoring, itself soon interrupted by the sound of the apparently quite heavy and possibly hollow Father Tiruin falling to the floor, sound asleep.

He’s finally bored himself unconscious!

Bring out the Latin. Wail around ominously in Latin like the single half-naked priest I am. Then, procure an Organ, and rock out. In Latin. Surely, that must fit an upgrade ceremony!

Of course, Father Errol must have the last word in the upgrade ceremony. That's obvious.

During O’Feckerty and Lars’ mostly naked wrestling ritual, Father Errol has been worryingly and, given his attire, conspicuously absent.

Suddenly he is absent no longer!

Wearing the for God knows what reason naked Bishop O’Neill round his waist like a rubber duck, Errol steams across the open fields towards the Holy Stone of Clonfeckert, standing up at the wheel of his illegally procured ice cream van, blasting ominously cheerful music of some unknown possibly organish origin from the van’s loudspeakers as he leans his head out the driver’s window wailing and headbanging Latin at the top of his voice in a reckless manner that must most certainly render his driving optimistic at best and a horrible horrible accident in waiting at worst.

”WHERE THE FECK WERE YOU, YE DAFT FECKIN’ FECKERS?! SHALL I JUST FECKIN’ WELL START FROM THE TOP?!”

It’s unclear as to whether he pauses now to clear his throat, for something does indeed seem to fly from it, or simply because of the shock to the van of driving at thirty miles per hour through a dry stone wall.

”RIGHT THEN YOU HAIRY GOBSHITES. IN NOMINE PATRIS…”

The assembled media, priests, hangers on and, it seems, local D-list celebrities have now all turned to stare at the speeding newcomer.

”EEERM… FILO… PASTRY… SPIRITUS… EEEEEERM… SANC- ER…”

As Errol speeds towards them, the gathered onlookers and several donkeys have, in fact, begun to scatter. All except, of course, our three lovable priests, all engaged in various acts of sleeping or pulling cassocks one way or the other.

”GRATIA… ERM…”

Errol’s Holy Icecream Van continues to speed towards the Holy Stone of Clonfeckert.

”HOW THE FECK DO YOU STOP THIS GOBSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE?! SHIIIIIIIIITE!!”

Suddenly Father Errol discovers that the best way to stop a Holy Icecream Van is by using a large and very solid Holy Stone.

”ET CARITAS DEI!!!!” he screams, as he flies through the windscreen of the Holy Icecream Van, naked but for the bishop wrapped around him.

The two cassock tugging priests briefly stop to watch their screaming brother fly off in an arc above them.

”ET COMMUNICATIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

Father Errol disappears off the edge of the cliff at the end of the field.

Father Lars looks at Father O’Feckerty.

”Oh feck.”

”Oh shite.”

Father Lars, already a multiple priest life saver in a previous episode, leaps heroically off the Holy Stone, and crashes face first into the ground. O’Feckerty’s still tugging on the bottom of his cassock, and doesn’t stop when his fellow priest suddenly adopts a comfortable looking position on the floor.

O’Feckerty forcefully removes Father Lars’ cassock! He clutches it to his charred groin and dashes over to the cliff edge with Lars in hot pursuit!

O’Feckerty stares over into the Atlantic Ocean below.

”Oh look! There he is! Good old Father Errol! He’s gonna be ok! Look! He’s wearing a rubber duck! He’s not gonna drown in the ocean! We’ll fish him right out!”

”That’s not a rubber duck, you daft gobshite, it’s a bishop!”

”Oh. Oh shite.”

At that moment, Father Tiruin walks slowly over, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

”So… erm… where were we… benedicat vos omnipotens…”

”Oh feck off, Tiruin, you big verbose gobshite! I’ve had enough of your bollocks!“

”Errol’s in the fecking ocean, Tiruin. He’s probably dead. It’s not the right bloody time for Latin.“

”This Mass is feckin’ well ended.” grunts O’Feckerty, inaccurately, as he turns back to the Stone and the waiting Holy Booze.

”Deo Gratias.” mumbles Father Lars. He squints down into the sea a hundred metres below, wondering if it’s the waves or his will that’s shaking Father Errol’s arms from side to side. He peers closer.

”Deo Gratias!”

One priest is dressed in a bishop! Another priest is mostly! Another priest is naked from the waist down!

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Priest 5: A Fistful of Bishops: Turn Ten: Not a Rubber Duck!
« Reply #388 on: February 08, 2013, 12:06:47 pm »

Whatever you do, I'm signing up for it right now. Grabbing a waitlist spot, or a waitlist spot for the waitlist if I must.

I don't quite mind the turns, most of the time. Sure, I do not have that much influence on what actually happens, but... fecking shite, is it hilarious. I collapse into giggling fits every time I read a new turn, which nothing else on the internet does for me this regularily. But, well, on the other hand... it is becoming kind of repetitive. Round starts, priests get naked, stuff explodes and catches on fire et cetera et cetera. I think we should call it quits now while it's still funny.

That obviously begs the question of "what next". If you base your next RtD on another gimmick then 40 turns in we're at the same question again. I don't know. You write the diamond quality RtDs.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Priest 5: A Fistful of Bishops: Turn Ten: Not a Rubber Duck!
« Reply #389 on: February 08, 2013, 01:28:29 pm »

Father Lars has a habit of getting 5s at just the right time.  We didn't totally shite it up!

Errol's pretty much right.  I think this RTD fills a rarely-used niche- the episodic RTD.  Rather that being one long narrative, it's something that can be picked up and put down and subdivided into bite-sized chunks.

As such, perhaps you could just put it on the back burner for a while?  While I realize that many shelved RTDs never come back, I don't think it'll be that bad for this one if it happens, since it is at a stopping point.

But I'd play either way.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27