Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27

Author Topic: Roll to Priest: The End.  (Read 68449 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Priest 3: Hairy Babies! Turn One.
« Reply #150 on: September 12, 2012, 03:14:19 pm »

Episode Three, Turn One: Right So.

The Village of Termonfeckin...

In the parochial house of the village of Termonfeckin, four priests are seated round a fireplace. They all hold cups of tea, recently brought forth by the attendant housekeeper, and they all stare purposefully at a collage of photos on the low table before them.

“Right so,” begins Father Lars. “I’ve made a decision. We need a feckin’ plan. What the feck shall we do? You know, did you notice anything odd about Mrs O’Riley today, Father Reilly? Did she not, you know, look kind of different this morning?”

Suddenly a horribly over-made up Mrs O’Riley, the housekeeper, walks into the room, tops up the priests’ cups of tea, places a brick in the centre of the floor, looks out the window, and dashes back out to the kitchen with a hysterical shriek, slamming the door firmly behind her.

“No, Father Lars. Nothing unusual comes to mind. Now, about these hairy feckin’ babies…”

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Priest 3: Hairy Babies! Turn One. Right So.
« Reply #151 on: September 12, 2012, 03:53:27 pm »

"Hm. Well, what we need is to find the father of all these feckin' hairy babies, right? And Catholics are all about feckin' forgiveness and confessin', right? So all we need is to get the mothers to confess their dirty sordid affairs! How about a good old-fashioned fire and brimstone Mass to put the fear o' God in the gobshites, eh?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 12, 2012, 04:04:18 pm »

"Bloody brilliant, Father Dick.  Why not have another of those three-priest masses, or even all four of us?  In fact, we need to make sure it's where the whole feckin' island can see it?  Hold it on the telly, what?  That way the gobshite behind it should see it, and turn himself in.  If not, perhaps one of the lasses that's a mother of a hairy baby may well be convinced to confess her sin to us, hey?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 12, 2012, 10:18:30 pm »

"You be really thinkin' that they'll confess about this? Really? 'Oh Father, oh father, I have this big feckin' hairy baby and it's all my fault!' I honestly don't be findin' that likely. Instead, why not do those orphan things? Ya know, we do some discrete ads bout' a free anomynous orphanage service and stuff, and then ship off the babies to live as humble hairy monks for the rest of their lives! And its all canon and legal and stuff too, don'tcha know?"

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 12, 2012, 11:41:02 pm »

((Yep, I was Father Blue. :P It all started so well... Well, not really. Erm.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 13, 2012, 12:04:03 am »

"That's all well and good, Reilly, but how does it solve our current problem?  Lennan wants us finding the culprit, or he'll 'ave our bollocks for breakfast!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 13, 2012, 01:19:25 am »

"...Eh? Eh. True enough, true enough...We could do a free confessional as well? Bloody hell if I know."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 13, 2012, 02:51:05 am »

I'm torn between letting the lovely (and lovely-coloured) priestly RP go on for several pages or requesting some bolded actions. I know it might seem a bit open ended at first but I think once the action starts it'll all become clear.

Or we might just get ten turns of trying to arrange Mass ending in some tragic accident. Which would be fine.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 13, 2012, 08:06:00 am »

I'd suggest in the Turn One case where some planning is in order, a long turn for discussion is ideal.  Beyond the first turn, discussion should be limited so rushing us to get actions up shouldn't be as bad.

"I suppose.  What say Dick, Digital, and I get ourselves a mass on the telly, and you, Reilly, set up some sort of confessional?  If you want to hand out hairy baby gobshite monk school tickets while you're at it, knock yourself out."

"What say you, Father Digital?"

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 13, 2012, 08:13:40 am »

'Oh, I don't know about that. I suppose it's an idea. And it's Brown, if you please. I haven't used that feckin' name in... well, I can't remember, to tell the truth. Feck.'

'Oh well. Tea and biscuits, anyone?'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 13, 2012, 08:22:16 am »

"I'll take a tea, I suppose, Brown.  How do you think we track down this hairy baby-maker?"

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 13, 2012, 08:27:20 am »

'Oh, well, umm, I'm more used to working alone, so to speak. Err. I don't know much about hairy babies. Or werewolves, for that matter. Maybe we should consult some sort of professional?'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 13, 2012, 09:14:55 am »

I'd suggest in the Turn One case where some planning is in order, a long turn for discussion is ideal.

I entirely agree. I wasn't going to say anything, I just got itchy fingers and slipped. But that's what you get when you have a thorough selection process to determine the elite priests: planning, competence, achievement and arson!

Edit: edited for accuracy.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 03:28:03 am by lawastooshort »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 13, 2012, 10:50:25 am »

((Coming soon to a cinema near you:
The Four Priests in: The Case of the Hairy Baby Maker!

Rated: PFN for Priest's Feckin' Nipples!))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 13, 2012, 10:59:17 am »

I'd suggest in the Turn One case where some planning is in order, a long turn for discussion is ideal.

I entirely agree. I wasn't going to say anything, I just got itchy fingers and slipped. But that's what you get when you have a thorough selection process to determine the elite priests: planning, competence, and achievement!

((Or just damn good rolls!  :P

Go team! Loving the dialogue))
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27