Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: Roll to Priest: The End.  (Read 68336 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Priest - Go! PM Your Actions!
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 08:02:16 pm »

Gee, I wonder who Veridian is?

Giovanni?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Priest - Go! PM Your Actions!
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2012, 12:33:19 am »

« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 07:16:26 am by Tiruin »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Priest: E1T1: Jane The Dachshund
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2012, 06:15:24 am »

Episode One, Turn One. Jane The Dachshund

The Village of Termonfeckin...

Quote from: Father Teal
I will, in addition to saying the introductory rites, pray to God beforehand for strength in the upcoming mass.
...“Dun.”
“Dun dun dun.”
“Dun dun dun.”
“Dunnnnnnnnnnnn.”

In the back room of the church of the village of Termonfeckin, Father Teal begins his traditional Sunday Mass in his traditional manner.

“Dun.”
“Dun dun dun.”
“Dun dun dun.”
“Dun dunnnnnnnnnnnn”

He bends his head in prayer as the music blasts through his headphones.

“Risin’ up, back on the street,
Did my time, took my chances…”

He prays to God for the strength to see himself through the coming test.

“It’s the,
Eye of the Tiger,
It’s the thrill of the fight!”

Jumping to his feet, Father Teal punches the air before him, ripping the headphones out of the CD player as he rises, filling the back room with the glory of God!

“AND HE’S WATCHING US ALL WITH THE…
EYE OF THE TIGER!”

Father Teal is filled with the strength of God! +1 bonus to Strength rolls next turn!

Father Teal hits the off button and steps out into the Church towards the altar. He doesn’t notice the congregation’s strange glances.

Quote from: Father Purple
I wait for the mass to begin, sitting in the very front row.
...The only thing Father Teal notices is Father Purple, sitting in the very front row, very unpriestlike indeed. He doesn’t recognise him. It suddenly dawns on him.

“JESUS CHRIST!” he suddenly shouts involuntarily. “Oh, forgive me Father. Oh feck! It’s the feckin’ armed robber on the run after the job in the village of Creggenbaun! Oh feckin’ feck! We’re all gonna die!”

The fifty members of the congregation begin to fidget about!

They begin to scream!

They begin to shift from their seats and jump up and run around!

“OH JESUS CHRIST IT’S THE ARMED FECKIN’ ROBBER FROM CREGGENBAUN! WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE! CALL THE FECKIN’ COPS!”

A dozen mobile phones appear from a dozen pockets as terrified pandemonium breaks out.

The Village of Knockcloghrim...

Quote from: Father Red
Exercise voice a bit, try imitating the bishop's speech patterns, and then get a megaphone before heading to mass
...Elsewhere on the island, in the church of the village of Knockcloghrim to be exact, Mass begins in an only slightly quieter fashion as shouted Latin wafts through into the nave.

“Aaaaaaaa-aaaa-aaaah-mennnnnn…”

Several women of a certain age in the congregation look approvingly at each other. They like a good Mass. They like to know it’s being delivered with passion.

“In nòmine Patris, et Fìlii… hmm… IN NOMINE PATRIS ET FECKIN’ FILII… yes…”

Grabbing his trusty megaphone, Father Red takes several deep breaths, and walks out to the altar.

Father Red has a voice bonus! +1 to Voice rolls next turn!

Quote from: Father Beige
Enter church, find all that wine+bread stuff for that one ceremony, drink all the wine and get very, very drunk.
...Father Red sees a priest he’s never seen before finishing off the last of the communion wine and then wandering over to the nave and slumping down into the nearest pew. Father Beige looks very, very drunk.

Undeterred, Father Red starts the Introductory Rites.

Father Beige has a drunkenness bonus! +d4-2 to rolls next turn!

Father Red has completed the Introductory Rites! (1/5)

The Village of Cloonsherevagh...

Quote from: Father Pink
Right, time to perform the best Mass ever, and I bet any troublemaker will start off by being noisy. I'll just make sure I have a turned-on Microphone so I can be heard over anything anyone tries.

Quote from: Father Green
Use a phone to hire a mime and send him off to my rival's mass. Tell him to do disturbing stuff, which is whatever a mime does. Tell the mime that everyone at mass is in on the act.
...In the village of Cloonsherevagh, Father Green desperately rifles through a phone book in a nearby telephone cabin.

“Oh Jesus! Someone’s only gone and feckin’ stolen the feckin’ mime page! Bloody bollocks! Well, at least they’ll have a nice mime!”

Meanwhile, in the church of Cloonsherevagh, Father Pink taps his microphone and starts Mass.

“In nòmine Patris, et Fìlii…”

Father Pink has completed the Introductory Rites! (1/5)

The Village of Ardglass...

Quote from: Father Cyan
I'd like to have a bottle of holy water and a cross please. A small, portable one.
...In the village church of Ardglass, Father Cyan prepares to deliver his traditional Sunday Mass at the traditional time in his traditional manner and-

What sort of things can one actually do on an action? For now, I'll just try to contact Father Grey with the intentions of a non-aggression pact. Hold the fort.

...Suddenly he remembers his old friend Father Grey is in town and rings him to come and join him for Mass!

Quote from: Father Veridian
Father Viridian speaks as the Introductory Rights begins, standing at the middle aisle, in front of the altar yet right at the church entrance.

Enter church as a guest priest, look at current priest with a glare of recognition and a cheery smile.

Hopefully the man isn't insolent and invites me in.

...Just as Father Cyan steps into the church hall to begin Mass a few minutes later, he sees Father Viridian standing in the centre of the aisle next to the main doors.

"Greeeeeetings,” interrupts Father Viridian in a terribly dull drone. ”My chiiiildreeeen."

“…et Spìritus Sancti. Aaaa-aaa-aaaamennn”

"I wiiiiill beeeee your guest prieeeesst toda-arrGH!"

Suddenly Father Grey storms into the church, flinging the doors wide open and smashing Father Viridian to the floor! He gets back up to his knees, blood pouring from his face!

Father Cyan has completed the Introductory Rites! (1/5)

The Village of Creggenbaun...

Quote from: Father Brown
”Well, well, I hope this troublemaker won't get my fiery Irish blood boiling, oh my.”

Father Brown sets a plate of biscuits and tea for his congregation at the door and sets his friendly dachshund, Jane, to guard them from any bad sorts that might be nearby and greet new arrivals.

Then the rites!
...Father Brown kindly welcomes his congregation to the church of Creggenbaun, vehemently offering each villager in person a cup of tea and a biscuit. Once everyone seems to be seated, he ambles gently over to the altar and prepares himself to deliver a cracking Mass.

Suddenly a yelping commotion breaks out at the back of the church!

Quote from: Father Silver
Infiltrate the mass as one of the priests and spike the wine with a strong aphrodisiac
...Just as Father Silver is about to pour some unidentified substance into the communion wine, a friendly dachshund leaps up out of nowhere, biting him on the feckin’ bollocks! He screams! Father Brown halts his lovely Latin as the congregation turn as one.

An unknown priest seems to be wrestling his dog on the floor!

After a couple of minutes of dog-priest wrestling, Father Silver jumps to his feet and flees, sprinting round the edges of the church as fast as he can and clutching his groin, scattering congregation members and chairs alike as he goes!

Just inches behind him follows a yelping dachshund, jumping and urinating with glee over the fallen congregation members!

”Oh! Jane! Jane!” cries out Father Brown from the front of the church. ”Oh, feckin’ shite…”

The Village of Mullaghbrack...

Quote from: Father Blue
Have the organist on standby to whip out some jazzy riffs to distract the flock should anything go wrong.
...Father Blue stands and begins.

“…et Spìritus Sancti. Aaaaaaaaaa-aa-aahmennnnnn”

Quote from: Father Orange
Father Orange, spurred by a desire to spread joy to all living things in accordance with the will of God Amen, rises up for the Opening Hymn. His boisterous baritone bellows out the the first verse, and the second... and the third. And the fourth. And then the first again. And then second, third, fourth, first, second, third, fourth forever and ever Amen.

tl;dr Musical Filibuster
...As the Opening Hymn begins after the Introductory Rites, a joyous voice booms forth and joins in. Father Orange’s voice rings out, clear as a bell!

As the Opening Hymn ends, a joyous voice continues to boom forth! Father Orange’s voice rings out, clear as an entire village of bells! He starts the Opening Hymn again!

Without a second's hesitation, Father Blue signals to his organist, who whips out some pre-prepared jazz!

Filled with joy, Father Orange is unable to stop himself from standing up in the middle of the nave and dancing with holy righteousness!

Suddenly the main church doors swing open.

It’s only bloody Bishop feckin’ Lennan! He dashes down the aisle and tackles Father Orange to the floor before standing up and giving him a firm kick in the arse! He whispers into Father Orange’s ear.

”What the feckin’ shite do you feckin’ think you’re feckin’ doing, Father Orange! I told you to feckin’ well interrupt the feckin’ Mass, not to feckin’ ridicule yourself in public! No matter what the rumours about my behaviour in America might say, dancing is not behaviour fit for a feckin’ priest!”

He stands up.

”FATHER BLUE. PLEASE CONTINUE WITH YOUR EXCELLENT MASS.”

Bishop Lennan turns to leave, surely on his way to visit another parish.

Father Blue has a +1 Bishop’s Blessing bonus to next turn!

Father Blue has completed the Introductory Rites! (1/5)

Please continue to PM your actions!

After Introductory Rites comes the Liturgy of the Word!

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Ooh, I meant to add - if anyone neutral wants to suggest actions for any startled congregation members, please feel free!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 02:28:08 pm by lawastooshort »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Priest: Episode One: Let's Feckin' Mass!
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2012, 06:38:28 am »

I laud those priests.  :P

Especially since I know the ins and outs of all that happens in a mass. XD

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2012, 06:49:24 am »

Shit. :D Getting my RTDs confused. Holy crap, that was hilarious. Sorry GM, I realise now why you're confused. XD
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2012, 06:58:46 am »

Ooh, I meant to add - if anyone neutral wants to suggest actions for any startled congregation members, please feel free!

Please just indicate which priest or village they belong to...

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2012, 12:07:56 pm »

This is already one of the best RtDs I have ever had the pleasure of participating in. Rock on or Helskaya gets it
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2012, 01:52:01 pm »

This is already fantastic. Can't wait for more! And I want more, or else bad things happen. To your kneecaps. Involving drawbridges and magma.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2012, 01:57:40 pm »

I honestly have no clue how that person formed a non-agression pact with a fellow priest.  ;D Kudos to the GM for incorporating that in.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 04:06:43 pm by Spaghetti7 »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2012, 02:09:39 pm »

I honestly have no clue how I formed a non-agression pact with a fellow priest.  ;D Kudos to the GM for incorporating that in.

Ssshhhh, I don't want to know who's who just yet.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2012, 02:29:34 pm »

Toaster is Father Green! I base this wild guess on absolutely nothing.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2012, 04:05:46 pm »

I honestly have no clue how that priest formed a non-agression pact with a fellow priest.  ;D Kudos to the GM for incorporating that in.

Ssshhhh, I don't want to know who's who just yet.
Oh. Um. That's awkward. Edited for a bit of really subtle anonymity.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Priest: Episode One, Turn Two: Let's Feckin' Mass!
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2012, 04:46:31 pm »

Episode One, Turn Two. The Cops.

The Village of Termonfeckin...

Quote from: Father Teal
Tell the organist to play an upbeat jazz tune and call the Knights Templar to keep control of this mess and hopefully discourage Father Purple from doing anything too drastic.
...In the quaint village church of Termonfeckin, melodramatic organ music fills the air as Father Teal attempts to dial the number for the Knights Templar on his mobile priest phone. He signals with his hand for the organist to quieten down.

But just then, one of the assembled villagers, a keen medieval re-enactment fan, leaps from his pew for no apparent reason, dashing up the aisle towards Father Teal and suddenly stabbing him through the thigh with his replica broadsword!

Father Teal collapses bleeding to the ground as the organist finally understands he wants some upbeat jazz.

Quote from: Father Purple
Pull out the toy gun I happened to bring along, pointing it at the ceiling. Backing off, I knock a bunch of lit candles into the nearby curtains. On purpose of course.
...Father Purple ignores both the upbeat jazz and the sword-wielding mentalist as he draws a toy gun from his cassock pocket, pointing it towards the ceiling as he slowly backs away from the remaining congregation members. He's a few metres away from the main door when he knocks over a tall candlestick, setting fire to the curtains nearest the exit.

Suddenly a megaphone enhanced voice rings out from the church courtyard.

“JOHN O'GOBBERTY! WE KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE AND WE KNOW YOU DID IT! COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP AND NO ONE WILL GET HARMED! I REPEAT! WE'VE GOT THE CHURCH SURROUNDED! COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP AND NO ONE WILL GET HARMED!”

Father Purple peers round the burning curtain and ducks immediately as a red laser beam paints itself across the room.

”Feckin' shite! The armed feckin' police!”

The Village of Knockcloghrim...

Quote from: Father Red
Continue with the Liturgy of the Word, and just increase volume and Irish swear word density if Father Beige tries to disrupt. Continue with the mass at all costs, in extreme cases while performing a flying kick to his face.

...Meanwhile, in the quiet rural church of the village of Knockcloghrim, Father Red steams onwards with his so far successful traditional Sunday Mass.

“Verbum Dòmini...”

"FECK YOU, YA FECKIN' ARSEHOLE BASTARD!"

Quote from: Father Beige
Start a bar fight. In a church. By punching out Father Red. And setting fire to the church.

...Suddenly the drunken priest who stole the communion wine rushes up to the altar, punches himself in the face, falls over onto the nearby candle table, sets his hair alight, and then tumbles off onto the steps below!

As the blood pours from the groaning Father Beige's face onto the stone steps of Father Red's parish church, Father Red's strong and holy voice increases in volume, holding the attention of his villagers in a perfect demonstration of his excellent priestliness.

“Credo in unum Deum...”

Father Beige groans.

“I FECKIN' WELL SAID, CREDO IN UNUM DEUM!”

Father Red quickly steps forwards to kick Father Beige down the remaining steps. He continues.

“PATREM OMNIPOTENTEM, YOU FECKIN' GOBSHITE!”

Father Red has completed the Liturgy of the Word! (2/5)

!!Father Beige!! has accrued a non-authorised swear word warning!

The Village of Cloonsherevagh...

Quote from: Father Green
Pour red dye into the holy water and then sit down at a pew and strike up an Entertaining Conversation with people next to me. So Entertaining in fact, that they forget all about the mass.
...After Father Green pours dye into the font of holy water, he wanders over to the nearest pew and sits down to start a conversation with one of the congregation. Although initially irritated at having his Mass interrupted, the local is soon drawn into the fascinating tale.

“… but in Paraguay apparently they don’t even have them! Which is strange, because my father, rest his soul, well, you see, a piece of advice he gave me when I was very young, and which I always remembered, was, you see, when in Paraguay, NEVER to… wait… or was it ALWAYS? Anyway, what’s your favourite humming sound? Is it a low kind of ‘hmmmmm’? Or more kind of a medium pitched hum, like, say, a refrigerator during the night, you know, or perhaps even…”

Several villagers around Father Green are listening by this point, nearly entirely forgetting even where they are!

Quote from: Father Pink

Make sure I have my Notes with me, so that I can recite the Liturgy of the Word without error, even if distracted.
...The villagers are soon reminded.

Up by the altar, Father Pink, oblivious to this rival for his congregation’s attention, suddenly has a terrible panic. What if he forgets the words?! He frantically searches about his cassock pockets for his notes, thrusting his hands into first one hole and then another, digging out an assortment of lint, fluff, old mints – and aha!

His notes!

He whips them out with such desperate speed that they fly out of his hand, spinning straight into the nearby candle and immediately catching fire!

The burning sheaf of paper drops to the floor, whereupon Father Pink jumps out from behind the altar and stamps on it to put it out – but it only sets his luxuriant cassock ablaze!

The congregation look on aghast as the flaming Father Pink runs round in ever decreasing circles behind the altar!

!!Father Pink!! has completed the Introductory Rites! (1/5)

The Village of Ardglass...

Use the assigned action as per section 6.3 of the pact, instructing Father Grey to take Father Veridian (or whatever) to the back of the church for a later role in the ceremony. Oh, and perform the liturgy of the word.
...”Father Grey!” shouts Father Cyan in the church of Ardglass. ”Father Grey! Oh, bollocks, where the feck did I put the fecking words to the feckin' liturgy? It's the Liturgy of the feckin' Word, I need to have the feckin' words... Oh shite...”

Quote from: Father Veridian
Continue as if nothing interrupted me, I mean, the blood adds effects.

Meaning, volunteer to be the reader of the readings. Act convincing.

Convincing in my own terms. Bring out the monotones!

...”The feckin' wooords, you say?” drones the terminally boring Father Veridian. ”Here, I have the feckin' wooords here, you see? Will you not let me help you deliver the Mass now? Oh shite now, where the feck did I put the feckin' wooords? I just picked them up, and now they're gone, and... Hey! Father Grey! Get the feckin' feck off me you great feckin' eejit!”

Father Cyan has completed the Introductory Rites! (1/5)

The Village of Creggenbaun...

Quote from: Father Brown
Reaching for one of the aides, Father Brown instructs him to spread booklets about upcoming church events to distract the congregation before rushing out to deal with the troublemaker.
...”Oh, Jane,” whispers Father Brown, half to himself and half to the Lord. ”Oh, Jane...” Who could so savagely attack a poor, defenceless animal like her?  And to think he was supposed to have performed the Introductory Rites already! There was no way he could leave Jane alone against the fiend, though. Like his mentor Father Ultramarine had always said, those who practised cruelty to animals would die by the sword, or something like that... But first, he would need a way to distract the crowd...

Indeed! For Creggenbaun’s congregation seem rather startled by this intrusion of a dog-wrestling priest into their Sunday Mass, but their bestartlement is quickly forgotten when a junior priest starts walking down the aisles distributing leaflets about next week's visit from the Neasden Over-90's Nudist Leapfrog Team!

The excitement causes such a stir no one notices Father Brown angrily stomp down from the altar towards the running Father Silver!

Quote from: Father Silver
Dachshund must be blessed with a swift hand (crack its neck) and prayed over that.

Then realize my nads were just turned into a dog toy. And scream in pain appropriately.
..."This feckin' dog has a demon in it!” shouts the fleeing Father Silver, almost imperceptibly. “We must get at it with the laying of the hands!"

Suddenly the priest turns round to face the dog and roars a roar of angry and priestly defiance before descending into a fiery pit of violent gibberish!

"Dear Holy Lord with your grand and mighty might of ages! BLESS THIS BASTARD to your highest heavens and forgive it for striking a man of the cloth in your holy house! Let not its FECKIN’ BASTARD OWNER feel the sin that is upon him, but, as your word says, show eye for an eye and give his own wanker to you as a sacrifice. Aye men.”

Even more suddenly, Father Silver catches up with the now fleeing dog and leaps upon it, catching it in his arms and raising it above his head. The congregation seem a little less interested in the Neasden Over-90's Nudist Leapfrog Team's impending visit when he rends Jane the Dachshund in two above him with his bare hands! Blood and dog liver spatter everywhere, covering the shocked villagers in organs and fur!

The horrified villagers rise from their pews, several reaching for their mobile phones as they run from the building, and many more rushing up and tackling Father Silver to the ground!

As tears stream down his face, Father Brown kicks Father Silver right up the feckin' arse!

Just then Father Silver remembers his groin was savaged by the deceased dog, and he briefly passes out from the pain.

Father Brown kicks Father Silver right up the feckin' arse again!

The Village of Mullaghbrack...

Quote from: Father Orange
During the Gospel, Father Orange suddenly shrieks and collapses to the floor in the center aisle, speaking in tongues and spinning in circles in a manner not unlike a certain stooge!
...Whilst Father Blue mumbles through the Liturgy of the word and the congregation lean forward, straining to hear and letting out a definite ambiance of disgruntledness, his organist suddenly plays a dramatic burst of rather unorthodox gospel accompaniment.

Father Orange runs shrieking into the centre aisle, collapsing to the floor and spinning round in horrible circles!

"Oh feck,” he blasts, “Oh I can feckin' see it all! The feckin' End Times are feckin' nigh! This is no time to be in a Church - quickly, everyone to the feckin' pub!"

He froths at the mouth a little as several of the locals look uneasily about, and most of the rear two rows surreptitiously glance around before sneaking out of the back door.

"Oh fecking feck! Feck fecking feckety feck!”

Quote from: Father Blue
Graciously continue with the Liturgy of the Word, making up for my poorly-rehearsed mumbling by having the organist punctuate the especially significant bits with some more solos. They seem to be working out so far, after all.

Also keep them on standby for any further interruptions.

...Father Blue stops his mumblingly incompetent liturgy.

“JESUS FECKIN'... oh, forgive me Father... SHITE! WE NEED TO GET TO THE FECKIN' PUB!”

He makes a run for the main church doors, rushing down the main aisle and coming very suddenly to his senses when he trips over Father Orange, smashing his face off the corner of a nearby pew.

In the panic, another few rows' worth of of parishioners get up and leave. The rest peer over at the stricken priests. The mood is one of discontent.

Father Blue has completed the Introductory Rites! (1/5)

Please continue to PM your actions!

After Introductory Rites comes the Liturgy of the Word!
And after the Liturgy of the Word comes the Liturgy of the Eucharist! But it doesn't seem many of you will need to know that!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 05:00:04 pm by lawastooshort »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Priest: Episode One, Turn Two: Let's Feckin' Mass!
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2012, 11:07:04 pm »

Shite's getting real.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Priest: Episode One, Turn Two (New Swear Word Added!)
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2012, 07:14:30 am »

Do you win if your opponent is dead?
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27