Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Rollpolitick - a vaguely 1984 shaped RTD  (Read 3344 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Rollpolitick - a vaguely 1984 shaped RTD
« on: August 06, 2012, 04:00:01 am »

The year is 2084.  The growth of technology and the sciences has been slowed to a halt due to a seemingly perpetual war.  You have recently been chosen to join an unknown number of ruling politicians in one of Earth's last three remaining superpowers.  You may pursue your own goals for the good of the world, your nation, or yourself.

We're going to need a minimum of one player per nation, but more people are always welcome.  I'll simulate a few NPC politicians to try and keep things equal if necessary.  The first three players to sign up can pick a few details about their nation.  Each nation will have a single ruling party and an 'underground' rebel faction.  You may or may not have the opportunity to defect as the game progresses.

As far as mechanics go, I'll be keeping it simple to begin with.  1d10 will decide how successful each action is.  I reserve the right to apply modifiers depending on the current situation.  There is a high chance that more mechanics will be added later on.  These mechanics may or may not be revealed to you in full.  Certain situation may arise that need to be dealt with as a matter of urgency.  These may be made public or kept between a small amount of players depending on a few different factors.  You may receive orders at some point.  How (or if) you attempt to accomplish them is up to you.

Everyone may take one action per turn.  Actions may be posted publicly or PM'd to myself.  The results might get posted publicly or PM'd to only those in a position to observe them.

Character sheets should be PM'd to me, not posted here.  You may reveal information publicly or by sending a PM to specific players if it suits you.  Information may be leaked to or discovered by other players in time.

Spoiler: Character sheets (click to show/hide)

Nation sheets should be posted publically.

Spoiler: Nation sheets (click to show/hide)

I'll draw up a map as soon as the three superpowers have been defined.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 04:04:28 am by lordcooper »
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Rollpolitick - a vaguely 1984 shaped RTD
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 04:00:25 am »

Reserved.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 04:17:11 am »

Reserved!
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 04:22:40 am »

Reserved.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 04:26:05 am »

Sent in a sheet, should I scream reserved too?
Probably not. Just registering interest.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 04:32:09 am »

Name: The Republic of Denesov
Capital: Kazvon
Form of government: Democratic Republic
Speciality: Industry
State view on religion/s: Denesov is a melting pot of various religions, so the nation has to have an open view regarding religion.
Main deficit: Space, Denesov is a high density nation and is almost completely out of open space to expand.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 04:36:52 am »

Name: Former Russian Federation (FRF)
Capital: Moscow
Form of government: Totalitarian
Speciality: Opression
State view on religion/s: Christianity is permitted, other religions are banned since the uprisings in the Middle East many years ago.
Main deficit: Food
Misc: The FRF is the leading party in Russian after the last of the democratic leaders, Sergei Putin, was assassinated by (an) unknown person(s). It strives to create a totalitarian state with complete power over the entire country while keeping away from the communism so often associated with Russia, as the leaders are scared of another communist revolution taking place. While they are based in Moscow, they have strong influences in all major cities. The only place their grip is not felt very strongly is in the rural, neglected areas of the country. However, most of these people are too busy scavenging for any food they can find to care.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 04:45:47 am »

Name: The Blessed and Holy United Nations of the Mediterranean
Capital: Jeruslaem
Form of government: Combination of Theocracy and democracy; all leaders elected but with several non-democratically elected clerics on side.
Speciality: Energy Production
State view on religion/s: All religions permitted but the religions of Islam, Judaism and Coptic Christianity are given state support. Agnosticism is barely tolerated; atheism is outright punishable by imprisonment.
Main deficit: Food
Misc: The BHUNM was formed after the severe uprisings that took hold over the Middle East after the assassination of several prominent leaders. The nation, or group of nations, is technically a federation, each with their own elected leaders and parliaments. In practice, power has been centralized in Jerusalem and the surrounding region, transforming it into the Middle East's first modern megacity. As a nation at a whole, focus has been put into energy production, supplying quite a bit of the Earth's power grid. In contrast, food production has dwindled due to increasing desertification, lack of funding and most of the "good areas" being taken up by cities. Schisms and armed conflict between different cultures and religions are still common within the BHUNM's borders, but are harshly put down. Rural areas have hardly changed beyond certain technologies while cities are slowly becoming as modern as the cities of the West. The BHUNM is at frequent conflict with the FRF to the north and what remains of the EU to the west.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 06:32:26 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 04:59:56 am »

It seems that our superpowers are a little more densely packed than I expected.  We could probably afford to get one or two set up on the American continent if anyone else wants to jump in.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 05:07:19 am »

My second choice would have been a 'power-through-science' Australia  ;D.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 06:08:45 am »

It seems that our superpowers are a little more densely packed than I expected.  We could probably afford to get one or two set up on the American continent if anyone else wants to jump in.
America always gets bombed in all out world wars. You can just declare the entire region to be nuclearly contaminated, probably after an US vs China/... nuclear war

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 06:10:43 am »

America always gets bombed in all out world wars. You can just declare the entire region to be nuclearly contaminated, probably after an US vs China/... nuclear war
Hey hey hey, don't get all nuclear on us, we're democratic! Or, at least, they are. I'm not.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 06:12:14 am »

Hey hey hey, don't get all nuclear on us, we're democratic! Or, at least, they are. I'm not.
Europe got 2 world wars already, you can have the third one.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 06:20:49 am »

Deal. As long as I win.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 06:28:08 am »

Deal. As long as I win.
If by winning you mean complete destruction of the enemy. Good. (That's what MAD is for anyway).

Also, I'm in. Character soon or something. Probably joining on the side of either BHUNM or Denesov
Pages: [1] 2 3